Paranoia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paranoia Reviews

½ May 31, 2015
A noble idea but not the greatest execution you would expect when you got Gary oldman Harrison ford and Liam helmsforth
½ April 25, 2015
Paranoia tried very hard to be a suspenseful thriller but with the weak acting and even weaker plot, it falls way short of its goal. The idea at first seems intriguing but as it goes along things get muddled and boring and even the ending reveal is nothing special. Although it has big names such as Harrison Ford, the actors are never put to good use and the whole thing is just forgettable. There have been plenty of other movies exactly like this one released and they all do it better, so save your time and check out those instead.
April 19, 2015
An unoriginal story equipped with A-list actors that didn't give their best performances to save this dull thriller.
April 19, 2015
A-list actors such as Oldman and Ford are the only highlight in this dull thriller. With its unoriginality and mediocre performances, Paranoia is just another uncanny thriller that horribly fails to deliver thrill and excitement.
March 30, 2015
Realistic but I didn't like the girl Adam had a "more than a one night stand" with for some reason. Maybe I'm a little jealous. Why? I'm to young for him anyway.
March 29, 2015
I'll give Liam Hemsworth this, at least he has a more refined American accent than Chris. Now that's out of the way, this movie is atrocious. It's filled with holes galore and it doesn't make any sense. Never have I had to pause a movie (well just because I was busy but also) because there was just too many questions of logic. Why was there no password on a computer? It's almost to the point of infuriating that the movies doesn't pay off and ironically steals all cliches from much better films.
½ March 25, 2015
The movie is confusing throughout. Although it is a LITTLE interesting, it falls short on a lot of levels.

The action movie only has a few action scenes that are at the END. And they aren't filmed like they are supposed to.
The movie is overall OK, but Harrison ford and Liam Hemsworth deserve better.

I give "paranoia" a: C+ and 2 1/2- 5 stars
½ February 18, 2015
Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman underestimated Liam Hemsworth, but at the end the pawn won. "It was basically playing a game of chess with each other." Hmm!! I think Liam Hemsworth did a great role in this movie.
Also, he got the girl he wanted at the end of the movie. Btw she's pretty! :D
½ January 30, 2015
Liam Hemsworth - beautiful eyes and eyelashes. Oh good acting as well!!
January 29, 2015
Wasn't as hot as I thought it would be actually a little disappointed.
January 18, 2015
Not nearly as smart as it wants to be, Paranoia still provides an intriguing, techy plot with attractive leads spouting wooden lines. The ending is not as smart as one would desire, and the whole thing is slick, but underwhelming.
January 17, 2015
Yawn. Uninspiring drivel.
January 7, 2015
Not quite good enough but better than the hate.
½ December 30, 2014
so bored, stopped paying attention and i still knew what happened. meh.
December 30, 2014
I thought this was a pretty exciting story to watch and I enjoyed the romance in it too.
½ December 10, 2014
Extremely predictable and nothing unique enough to hold its own.
December 7, 2014
Rehash Of Oliver Stones 'Wall Street' With Internet & Modern Marketing Techniques. Gary Oldman Does A Good British Accent, But Aside From That This Just Copies Previous, Better, Films With An MTV Flare. Meh, Whatever.
November 17, 2014
It was above average, kind of lacking that something.
November 1, 2014
Captivating film!

Paranoia is a suspenseful action drama that illustrates the relatable struggles a young graduate go through in Corporate America, and how he was used in the workings of corporate espionage.

Very interesting.
Highly recommended.
October 28, 2014
While far from the worst film I've seen, there are very few things I can praise this film for - its script is predictable, and corny at the best of times. The performances fall flat. Its reach certainly exceeds its grasp, as it wobbles all over the place in trying to find a decent theme for it to focus on. While it is certainly obvious that they are trying to comment on the rich/poor divide, all I get from this movie is that all rich people are arseholes who dislike the poor, and all poor people can't afford health insurance. Its characters seem to have motivation, but they are all so formulaic and boring - plus its hard to connect to or feel sympathy for this supposed down-on-his-luck lead character when he's constantly spending money, and is incredibly egotistical - why should I feel sorry!?
Uninspired and superficial direction call for some of the most lacklustre action sequences yet. Overall, really not worth seeing.