Paranoia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paranoia Reviews

½ July 27, 2015
BORING. Nothing happens in this, Liam Hemsworth joins one company, goes undercover at another company, runs, and conspires against both companies. HUH. Gary Oldman & Harrison Ford are both good in this, but they aren't given much to work with in terms of story so their performances fall kinda flat. Could have been much better but everyone seemed dis-interested for the most part. NOT RECOMMENDED.
½ June 19, 2015
Passable despite the many technological plot holes in this crime thriller.
June 15, 2015
Paranoia has sporadic moments of a film that's story could have been solid and intriguing, but any glimpses of something remotely intelligent or entertaining are drowned out by an overall dull and dry screenplay. Pathetically enough, For a movie with this name, there's almost zero suspense to be found. Character development is attempted but unsuccessful, the cinematography has laughable aspect ratio hiccups, performances range from decent to extremely boring, and Paranoia is an overall lifeless, forgettable affair.
½ June 8, 2015
Horribly unoriginal and thinly scripted, Paranoia achieves absolutely nothing unique with an utter dependence on overdone cliches and tropes and hardly any fun thrills or enjoyable performances.
June 4, 2015
Imagine a holiday, then go for a nothing-to-do one, and you are sleepy, so you found the perfect movie to watch.... No twists, no surprises, good actors, ok plot...
½ May 31, 2015
A noble idea but not the greatest execution you would expect when you got Gary oldman Harrison ford and Liam helmsforth
½ April 25, 2015
Paranoia tried very hard to be a suspenseful thriller but with the weak acting and even weaker plot, it falls way short of its goal. The idea at first seems intriguing but as it goes along things get muddled and boring and even the ending reveal is nothing special. Although it has big names such as Harrison Ford, the actors are never put to good use and the whole thing is just forgettable. There have been plenty of other movies exactly like this one released and they all do it better, so save your time and check out those instead.
April 19, 2015
An unoriginal story equipped with A-list actors that didn't give their best performances to save this dull thriller.
April 19, 2015
A-list actors such as Oldman and Ford are the only highlight in this dull thriller. With its unoriginality and mediocre performances, Paranoia is just another uncanny thriller that horribly fails to deliver thrill and excitement.
March 30, 2015
Realistic but I didn't like the girl Adam had a "more than a one night stand" with for some reason. Maybe I'm a little jealous. Why? I'm to young for him anyway.
March 29, 2015
I'll give Liam Hemsworth this, at least he has a more refined American accent than Chris. Now that's out of the way, this movie is atrocious. It's filled with holes galore and it doesn't make any sense. Never have I had to pause a movie (well just because I was busy but also) because there was just too many questions of logic. Why was there no password on a computer? It's almost to the point of infuriating that the movies doesn't pay off and ironically steals all cliches from much better films.
½ March 25, 2015
The movie is confusing throughout. Although it is a LITTLE interesting, it falls short on a lot of levels.

The action movie only has a few action scenes that are at the END. And they aren't filmed like they are supposed to.
The movie is overall OK, but Harrison ford and Liam Hemsworth deserve better.

I give "paranoia" a: C+ and 2 1/2- 5 stars
½ February 18, 2015
Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman underestimated Liam Hemsworth, but at the end the pawn won. "It was basically playing a game of chess with each other." Hmm!! I think Liam Hemsworth did a great role in this movie.
Also, he got the girl he wanted at the end of the movie. Btw she's pretty! :D
½ January 30, 2015
Liam Hemsworth - beautiful eyes and eyelashes. Oh good acting as well!!
January 29, 2015
Wasn't as hot as I thought it would be actually a little disappointed.
January 18, 2015
Not nearly as smart as it wants to be, Paranoia still provides an intriguing, techy plot with attractive leads spouting wooden lines. The ending is not as smart as one would desire, and the whole thing is slick, but underwhelming.
January 17, 2015
Yawn. Uninspiring drivel.
January 7, 2015
Not quite good enough but better than the hate.
½ December 30, 2014
so bored, stopped paying attention and i still knew what happened. meh.
December 30, 2014
I thought this was a pretty exciting story to watch and I enjoyed the romance in it too.