Paranormal Activity 4 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paranormal Activity 4 Reviews

½ October 8, 2016
The story is about what you'd expect and the scares are minor and rare.
September 21, 2016
Makes Blair Witch 2 into Citizens Cane for nno scares, no development in the series, and no interest from annyone who help make this garbage. At leasst the last 10 mins was scary.
½ September 15, 2016
Paranormal Activity 4 (2012)
Starring:Katie Featherston, Kathryn Newton, Matt Shively, Aiden Lovekamp, Brady Allen, Stephen Dunham, Alexondra Lee, Georgica Pettus, Alisha Boe, and Brendon Eggertsen
Directed by Henry Joost, Ariel Schulman
It's closer than you think
This had the writers and the directors of the last film which was the only good entire in this entire series and yet this movie managed to suck eggs, alright here we go again.
Hello kiddies your pal the crypt-critic here and my god I don't know what to say about this piece of shriek. Because I freaking hate paranormal activity, I liked the last film as it was the only one with actual effort put into it but the others were complete crap. They consist of cameras videotaping retarded people that we don't care about as some invisible demon slams doors and moves bed sheets for two hours. If that's all you have going for you in your film then you have a lot of balls even calling it a film in the first place! The third at least had enjoyable characters,genuine scares,clever camera angles, and a way of integrating the demon that was not ingenious but also made sense. So yeah there's that one acceptable film but other that this series sucks!
We have a fourth film and despite having the team of the last film it manages to be horrendous not as tedious or boring as the first two but still just as stupid.
Paranormal Activity 4 follows a random family that had nothing to do with the other movies as the demon starts to stalk them. Why and how you ask, well I'm going try to explain this as simply as I can that crazy lady who took hunter at the end of part two is living on the street with a boy that isn't Hunter but for more then half the film were made to believe it's hunter until the boy for some reason dis sappers despite being the creepiest part of the film. When we learn this new retarded family adopted son is the real Hunter, which begs the question of how this possessed dummy lost Hunter in the first place and managed to end up with this family for some reason and now has to sacrifice a virgin which we can all tell is his adopted sister. It's pretty vague and you might not understand and the sister keeps recording everything on her laptop camera and when stuff starts happening going down in the house but her family doesn't believe her and yells at her a lot as she doesn't show them the footage on her laptop because she's a moron and she's got this boyfriend who's much more annoying then she is and he gets his necked snap by the possessed dummy who lives across the street during a bad camera angle and the movie ends with a demonic neighborhood army the possessed dummy eats the sisters face as the screen turns to black, leaving the entire audience unsatisfied.
There I just described the whole movie for you in the most coherent way I possibly could, this was one big load of ass! Unlike the first two films it has a thread of a plot but nothing goes anywhere I basically had to trade more bad for less bored, I was bored in many scenes but at least the sheer stupidity of this made me laugh occasionally. There were really only three good things in this movie that creepy kid whose name I can't pronounce, secondly the one sequence were the possessed dummy runs at the blonde bimbo that was pretty creepy and I thought the XBOX dots were kind of a nice concept they barely did anything with it but the idea was just cool. Everything else is just garbage, the acting sucks, the characters are freaking idiots and the scares are barley there. It's just one bad consist thing after another there is hardly a damn thing to enjoy here and what I did enjoy was incredibly minor. I heard that there the marked ones and five and soon maybe six, NO!No more of this stuff no more! This franchise learned from there mistakes in part three but now it is right back where it started with this one. Give it up I am sick of this franchise what baffles me is that this the one universally hated by critics where were you people when the first two films were released I don't get you.
The good thing is at least I saw this film for free on my Xbox.
Overall here's what I've been trying to tell you since part one of this franchise I can't tell you what to watch all the time cause I doubt you listen but the point is your being hornswaggled, your being bamboozeled, your being tricked into going to see something you've already seen before and your being ripped off! Now listen to me if I can just stop two of you from seeing this movie then I will feel like I've done my job but if I can't do that then I got two words for you, Screw you, screw you, screw you! I give this piece of shriek a one and a half out of five.
August 28, 2016
You're just constantly waiting for that big scare, except nothing happens..
August 2, 2016
Repetative at worst, thoroughly entertaining 4th entry at best, PA:4 is once again a solid entry to the series. Improving on the previous movies last mistakes by taking the 'bigger is better' approach, it did feel like a replica to the second, however.
Verdict: C
½ July 30, 2016
Finally got round to watching part 4 and I must admit it's not better than the others but it's not as bad as critics were saying, The story felt a little dragged, The acting wasn't great, But unlike the rest we don't get 5 minutes of just a wall without something happening this one keeps us entertained it's just a shame that when something does happen it's not that great and again like the rest the main bits happen at the end but this time it was a let down, Overall the film isn't great but it has its moments but it does leave allot of questions unanswered that really should of been answered.
½ July 25, 2016
They should not add the ending scene when Alexandra goes into this house and a surroundment of amnesia mans, I wanted to SPOIL ALERT the movie just for anyone who doesn't even give a crap about horror movies.
There's still more of these... But I'm going to make myself clear
Roster of Paranormal Activity films I recommend enjoying this moment of my opinions.

PA: Good!
PA2: Got Bad!
PA3: Much Better!
PA4: Wasn't a Fan at all!
PA6 GHOST DIMENSON: The Worst of the Worst!

It's Not Scary and Laughable.
It's Not Interesting and Unique,

The Movie was Stupid! Stupid That It Is Not Even In a good way.

Score: 1.5/10
½ July 24, 2016
Zzzzzzzz. Except the ending
½ July 7, 2016
And of course amidst the sequel there at least a had to be one disaster. I'd suggest reading a spoiler to this one whereas the suspense is fairly tame and the only thing creepy about this one was the boy who barely talks... Not the paranormal activity itself.
½ July 7, 2016
Perfect sleeping pill.
June 4, 2016
Robbie: He does not like you
Ben: What? Who doesn't like me?
Robbie: You'll find out
½ June 2, 2016
Straying far from the film that started the series, PA4 isn't original and lacks any sort of scares.
May 25, 2016
Watchable but the story is seriously warped
March 27, 2016
While viewing this film, a fan of the first three can get the feeling that the Paranormal Activity series has unfortunately overstayed its welcome. This is the first actual sequel (or continuation of the story line) since the first; the second serving as a quasi happening-while-the-first-one-is-too movie and the third being an actual prequel. 4 is set 5 years after the events of the first and second film and most is set around teenager Alex who begins noticing strange events when her new neighbors across the street move in. the fourth has a new style of camera work being offered which is the use of webcam that kind of interesting for the first 10 minutes or so and then occasionally breaks to the classic hand held camera. What the fourth doesn't offer though are any quality scares fans were hoping for or a neat secret being revealed. In fact, most of the actual instances that make you jump are ones not from the spirits beyond. This movie also doesn't provide any amount of good characters. The main heroine Alex is likable enough for a 15 year old girl while her brother Wyatt seems creepy but in a good way. The other characters intruding in this film include Alex's parents who provide the never-ending cliche of 'not listening to your kids about what they is going on that's creepy' and in times actually feels like they treat Alex as if she's still five. Another character is Alex's boyfriend Ben who is obviously only in that relationship for the same reason every 15 or 16 year old boy is too. The other is a boy named Robbie who lives across the street but seems only interested in Wyatt. Katie Featherston finally returns for a role in the P.A. series after only making cameos in the second and third. The scares in the film are what needed most work. It seems like the directors decided not to dish out any new tricks but maybe see if they could still scare audiences with what the first three did so if you find yourself half expecting a scare and then it happens, you aren't alone here. Fans of the films, I would encourage you to see it strictly for the plot development that only gets moving in the last 10 minutes and those who haven't seen the original three to stick to those first and then consider seeing this
½ March 5, 2016
½ February 25, 2016
This fourth installment of the " Paranormal Activity " franchise was very disappointed. I thought they would make a better job since the 3rd and now this one suck. Don't get me wrong I loved that they jad bring back characters from the recent ones, and adding some newcomers to continue the franchise, but I dod not liked it, it did not had scary scenes like the first 2 and it didn't had the same feeling as well. The only thing I liked was that ending was left open to continue with " Paranormal Activity 5 ". As tha being said for this being another weakness in the franchise, I give " Paranormal Activity 4 " a D-.
February 24, 2016
Love every one they keep ur attention for sure !
½ January 22, 2016
Paranormal series very obviously starts to lose steam here. Still a cringeworthy moment or two. Not worth a full viewing.
December 8, 2015
NOt bad! Same tricks, lOuder nOises. Guess that wOrks! I gIve this mOvie a half empty bOx Of gOObers! LOl
November 8, 2015
The lousiest of the series