Paranormal Activity 4 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paranormal Activity 4 Reviews

½ November 7, 2015
Piece of crap. 0 stars if I could!! Stay away!!
November 6, 2015
This movie was freaky
November 1, 2015
This fourth part offers more of the same, a confused story and uninteresting and a few scares really quite bad, something that bothers me about these films is that they do not take enough time to explain all the doubts that have arisen since the second part; what relationship do these families and these stories outside with the original story of Katie? I have no idea. We have no explanation and arise more doubts with what i can conclude that even directors have idea of what they are doing. Paranormal Activity 4 is not better than its predecessor and continues with the same formula as the previous (you know ... same end, same screamers ... )

Review en Español:
Esta cuarta parte ofrece mas de lo mismo, una historia confusa y poco interesante y unos sustos bastante malos, algo que me molesta de estas películas es que no se toman el tiempo suficiente para explicar todas las dudas que han surgido desde su segunda parte; ¿que relación tienen estas familias y estas historias externas con la historia original de Katie? no tengo la menor idea. No tenemos ninguna explicación y surgen mas dudas con lo que puedo concluir que ni siquiera los directores tienen idea de lo que están haciendo. Actividad Paranormal 4 no es mejor que su antecesora y sigue con la misma formula que las anteriores (ya saben... mismo final, mismos screamers...)
½ October 29, 2015
The makers of Catfish and Paranormal Activity 3 are back again to make Paranormal Activity 4, but ended up making it the worst one of the series so far. The acting is actually pretty good, and Matt Shively is the best part of the film because he was having a lot of fun in this, and he's really funny. There's tons of questions that weren't answered, which would've been fine if it answered some of it, but it barely does it which was distracting to me. The scares were not effective at all and are just old. The suspense is there, but I wasn't scared of where it's going and was just boring. The characters are just there, and the plot is not new. The new things that are in this, didn't really do much and you figure what's going to happen. It makes some sense about why it was filmed, but most of the time it was just conversations which makes no sense about why it's filmed. There's some good moments in it, but it was never enough to make this stale movie to be good or scary.
½ October 28, 2015
Well that was a disappointment. Not once did I scream, gasp, or piss myself. I'm beginning to think that those promos with the people sitting in the theater watching these movies and reacting to it isn't real.
October 26, 2015
Creepy and entertaining, but not as tension filled as it's predecessors! B
½ October 23, 2015
One of the worst ones of the series
½ October 22, 2015
This film series is really trying my patience with two likable leads who are given nothing to work with, a story at this point has lost all sense, and absolutely no scary moments.
½ October 21, 2015
Yet another semi creepy film.....
October 21, 2015
It still has some decent scare tricks up it's sleeve and answers a few more threads, and lead actress Kathryn Newton is pretty good. But this fourth installment in the popular franchise more than shows how it's familiar tactics have worn out over time and it isn't so terrifying anymore, and has the most abrupt ending of that leaves a lot more things hanging out.
½ October 19, 2015
Ok so I never understood the Paranormal Activity hate. I get it, the whole found footage idea has been done numerous times before, but the franchise had a great deal of creativity to offer, which made up for lots of slower and boring moments. This one though... After watching this movie I couldn't believe that it was only 80 minutes long. I felt as if I watched the entire Godfather trilogy (I'm reffering to the lengh, not the quality of the movies). It is so ungodly boring and cliched that I legitimately considered just switching it off. The first 50 minutes consist solely of a bucketload of cheap fake jumpscares that are supposed to scare you, but honestly if the movie goes quiet for a handful of seconds you pretty much know that something's about to jump out of the corner and that ruins the remains of scary atmosphere that were left. The plot would've been at least a bit original, but unfortunately the 'great' twist is spoiled before we even meet the new family. The rest follows the Paranormal Activity formula without introducing anything new, apart of maybe some creative ways of trying to scare you. I said trying because movie obviously fails at that. By the time it starts happening you are thinking of pretty much anything else, because of the sole boredom. The acting is good, and the setup is totally believable, but the rest is a neverending crapfest
October 18, 2015
I don't know why I watch these in the hope that one day they will get good..
½ October 16, 2015
It may not have the same amount of energy to manifest like the previous Activities with a flawed development, but the next page in the chronology played the right cards on still being quite suspenseful and creative on conjuring up chills and a scare or two while also showing a few homages to a couple of chilly films. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
½ September 25, 2015
I loved it, it was scary but for me it fits for four and half stars not better than the 3rd one but this good
August 21, 2015
Your generic horror film, this film is let down by the plethora of jump-scare scenes. It seems to recycle a lot of old material, although despite jump-scare, it's alright horror. It does repeat itself a bit, and only during the end did I actually start to scream because of real horror, and a surprise ending that is sure to make you jump.
August 11, 2015
This movie proves that a movie based around Skype calls will lose connection, and your interest.
½ August 10, 2015
A downer then the other ones
½ July 25, 2015
Pointless jump scares with bad acting but has a good twist it just didn't catch my interest as much as the other ones
½ July 24, 2015
After the surprisingly effective third entry, the franchise shows its age with this below average attempt grasping at straws to come up with new scares. [C-]
July 14, 2015
I don't like the series but I want to see because I like the girl