Paranormal Activity 4 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paranormal Activity 4 Reviews

½ July 25, 2016
They should not add the ending scene when Alexandra goes into this house and a surroundment of amnesia mans, I wanted to SPOIL ALERT the movie just for anyone who doesn't even give a crap about horror movies.
There's still more of these... But I'm going to make myself clear
Roster of Paranormal Activity films I recommend enjoying this moment of my opinions.

PA: Good!
PA2: Got Bad!
PA3: Much Better!
PA4: Wasn't a Fan at all!
PA5 MARKED ONES: Got Worse!
PA6 GHOST DIMENSON: The Worst of the Worst!

It's Not Scary and Laughable.
It's Not Interesting and Unique,
Fuck!

The Movie was Stupid! Stupid That It Is Not Even In a good way.

Score: 1.5/10
½ July 24, 2016
Zzzzzzzz. Except the ending
½ July 7, 2016
And of course amidst the sequel there at least a had to be one disaster. I'd suggest reading a spoiler to this one whereas the suspense is fairly tame and the only thing creepy about this one was the boy who barely talks... Not the paranormal activity itself.
½ July 7, 2016
Perfect sleeping pill.
June 4, 2016
Robbie: He does not like you
Ben: What? Who doesn't like me?
Robbie: You'll find out
½ June 2, 2016
Straying far from the film that started the series, PA4 isn't original and lacks any sort of scares.
May 25, 2016
Watchable but the story is seriously warped
March 27, 2016
While viewing this film, a fan of the first three can get the feeling that the Paranormal Activity series has unfortunately overstayed its welcome. This is the first actual sequel (or continuation of the story line) since the first; the second serving as a quasi happening-while-the-first-one-is-too movie and the third being an actual prequel. 4 is set 5 years after the events of the first and second film and most is set around teenager Alex who begins noticing strange events when her new neighbors across the street move in. the fourth has a new style of camera work being offered which is the use of webcam that kind of interesting for the first 10 minutes or so and then occasionally breaks to the classic hand held camera. What the fourth doesn't offer though are any quality scares fans were hoping for or a neat secret being revealed. In fact, most of the actual instances that make you jump are ones not from the spirits beyond. This movie also doesn't provide any amount of good characters. The main heroine Alex is likable enough for a 15 year old girl while her brother Wyatt seems creepy but in a good way. The other characters intruding in this film include Alex's parents who provide the never-ending cliche of 'not listening to your kids about what they is going on that's creepy' and in times actually feels like they treat Alex as if she's still five. Another character is Alex's boyfriend Ben who is obviously only in that relationship for the same reason every 15 or 16 year old boy is too. The other is a boy named Robbie who lives across the street but seems only interested in Wyatt. Katie Featherston finally returns for a role in the P.A. series after only making cameos in the second and third. The scares in the film are what needed most work. It seems like the directors decided not to dish out any new tricks but maybe see if they could still scare audiences with what the first three did so if you find yourself half expecting a scare and then it happens, you aren't alone here. Fans of the films, I would encourage you to see it strictly for the plot development that only gets moving in the last 10 minutes and those who haven't seen the original three to stick to those first and then consider seeing this
½ March 5, 2016
.,,,¢,,,,¦,,¢,,,¦,¢,,¦¢,¦â¦
½ February 25, 2016
This fourth installment of the " Paranormal Activity " franchise was very disappointed. I thought they would make a better job since the 3rd and now this one suck. Don't get me wrong I loved that they jad bring back characters from the recent ones, and adding some newcomers to continue the franchise, but I dod not liked it, it did not had scary scenes like the first 2 and it didn't had the same feeling as well. The only thing I liked was that ending was left open to continue with " Paranormal Activity 5 ". As tha being said for this being another weakness in the franchise, I give " Paranormal Activity 4 " a D-.
February 24, 2016
Love every one they keep ur attention for sure !
½ January 22, 2016
Paranormal series very obviously starts to lose steam here. Still a cringeworthy moment or two. Not worth a full viewing.
December 8, 2015
NOt bad! Same tricks, lOuder nOises. Guess that wOrks! I gIve this mOvie a half empty bOx Of gOObers! LOl
November 8, 2015
The lousiest of the series
½ November 7, 2015
Piece of crap. 0 stars if I could!! Stay away!!
November 6, 2015
This movie was freaky
November 1, 2015
This fourth part offers more of the same, a confused story and uninteresting and a few scares really quite bad, something that bothers me about these films is that they do not take enough time to explain all the doubts that have arisen since the second part; what relationship do these families and these stories outside with the original story of Katie? I have no idea. We have no explanation and arise more doubts with what i can conclude that even directors have idea of what they are doing. Paranormal Activity 4 is not better than its predecessor and continues with the same formula as the previous (you know ... same end, same screamers ... )

Review en Espaol:
Esta cuarta parte ofrece mas de lo mismo, una historia confusa y poco interesante y unos sustos bastante malos, algo que me molesta de estas pelculas es que no se toman el tiempo suficiente para explicar todas las dudas que han surgido desde su segunda parte; que relacin tienen estas familias y estas historias externas con la historia original de Katie? no tengo la menor idea. No tenemos ninguna explicacin y surgen mas dudas con lo que puedo concluir que ni siquiera los directores tienen idea de lo que estn haciendo. Actividad Paranormal 4 no es mejor que su antecesora y sigue con la misma formula que las anteriores (ya saben... mismo final, mismos screamers...)
½ October 29, 2015
The makers of Catfish and Paranormal Activity 3 are back again to make Paranormal Activity 4, but ended up making it the worst one of the series so far. The acting is actually pretty good, and Matt Shively is the best part of the film because he was having a lot of fun in this, and he's really funny. There's tons of questions that weren't answered, which would've been fine if it answered some of it, but it barely does it which was distracting to me. The scares were not effective at all and are just old. The suspense is there, but I wasn't scared of where it's going and was just boring. The characters are just there, and the plot is not new. The new things that are in this, didn't really do much and you figure what's going to happen. It makes some sense about why it was filmed, but most of the time it was just conversations which makes no sense about why it's filmed. There's some good moments in it, but it was never enough to make this stale movie to be good or scary.
½ October 28, 2015
Well that was a disappointment. Not once did I scream, gasp, or piss myself. I'm beginning to think that those promos with the people sitting in the theater watching these movies and reacting to it isn't real.
October 26, 2015
Creepy and entertaining, but not as tension filled as it's predecessors! B