Paranormal Entity - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paranormal Entity Reviews

January 18, 2013
the minute i saw the sister's diary, i turned it off. It looks like it was written my some third grader with little thought.
January 16, 2013
Girl gets raped by a demon. The end.
½ January 13, 2013
a trash named "PARANORMAL ENTITY' tells a stupid and unclear storyline. maybe The Asylum have a Curse, because they always make a worst movie. I want you all to give Paranormal Entity two thumbs down !
January 10, 2013
You know what to expect when watching a movie like this...it not about the special effects. Regardless of how much effort went into making it it still gave me goose bumps 90% of the time watching it! Freaky stuff!
January 6, 2013
Good movie...though overshadowed by the Paranormal Activity series, this one has some genuine ice-down-your-spine thrills and chills here. It doesn't hurt of course, that Erin Marie Hogan is a hottie, but she does pull off the role very well--you sympathize with her plight to the end!
½ December 12, 2012
In some ways better than it's counterpart and in some ways worse.
½ November 29, 2012
Good rip-off of Paranormal Activity!
½ November 17, 2012
Just like Paranormal Activity. Maybe a little dumber.
November 3, 2012
My question is with these Paranormal movies is if these footages suppose to be real life events then why have casts and a director? Why do you have a guy walking around with a camera video taping everything from conversations to people sleeping in the bedrooms! Why is the police not being called if noises is being heard in the house? Knowing there are evil spirits in the house, why know one hire a priest? These movies are so fake!
½ November 3, 2012
Obvious rip-off of Paranormal Activity done in the same style, but with it's own story which wasn't bad and plenty creepy in it's own right.
½ October 27, 2012
Terrible!!! It was a massive failure. It was like a generic version of Paranormal Activity. Honestly, at first, I thought it might be good and there were opportunities for some great scenes, but nothing good really got underway. There was poor character development, a bad story line, and an altogether lackluster effort when it came to making this movie. Oh yeah, THERE WAS ALSO NOTHING SCARY!!!
½ October 25, 2012
Too many sharp, fast turns of the camera. I keep thinking something's gonna jump out and scare me, every time.
I'm not sure that this movie is all that bad. It was pretty scary and creepy. I did have my eyes covered out of fright.
The concept of what type of ghost was really interesting. It was a Germanic ghost. Moran is Germanic for nightmare and in the Germanic folklore, it would rape women. The same ghost wanted to do the same to the 19-year-old in the family.
Watch this movie only when you have nothing to do.
It's pretty scary. It's different than the other paranormal movies, that's for sure.
Paranormal Entity, I give you a 50%.
½ October 25, 2012
Paranormal Entity was scary. But it would have been better if I hadnt seen Paranormal activity.
½ October 13, 2012
meh, it was basically paranormal activity but with the tit and rape scenes we wanted in that movie, but in this one. 5/10
½ October 9, 2012
This wasn't too terrible. If you're a fan of Paranormal Activity, you'll be a fan of Paranormal Entity.
October 8, 2012
The only thing that separates Paranormal Entity from the Paranormal Activity series is lower quality acting, directing, production, and plot... followed by a shot of cleavage at the very end.
October 3, 2012
Paranormal Entity Review
âPlease... Send help, they killed her, they killed... my family is dead! Please... Just send help... they killed my mom... they're dead! My sister's dead! MY SISTER'S DEAD, IT KILLED HER! IT KILLED HER, MY SISTER'S DEAD!â? Thomas Finely panicked as he told the police about his familyâ(TM)sâ(TM) death. For many, people paranormal movies have become a great sensation to watch. For example, the 2011 movie Paranormal Entity was a great chiller for many people. Paranormal Entity is an excellent movie because, of the intriguing storyline, maudlin reactions of characters, and the impressive work of the director Shane Van Dyke.
As the movie opens, we find a black screen with an important notice about the movie. The captions tell us that Thomas Finley, the son of David and Ellen Finley, was arrested for the rape and murder his sister Samantha Finely and a psychic named Edgar Lauren. After being arrested, Thomas Finely commits suicide in prison. As we get into the first scene of the movie, we are introduced to the characters: Ellen Finley (Mother); Samantha Finley (Daughter); and Thomas Finley (Son). Soon after we discover that Ellen Finleyâ(TM)s husband (David Finley) is deceased. As a result of her husbandâ(TM)s death, Ellen sinks into a grieving state, and begins talking to herself. Consequently, she leads herself to think that she is talking to her deceased husband. Immediately after, strange encounters begin to fill the house. Although, Thomas was skeptic al of the paranormal activity, Ellen and Samantha believed there is demonic activity in their home. Thomas then begins to set up video cameras all over the house to record the strange activity. After waking up and finding the word âMARONâ? wrote on their living room coffee table, Samantha and Thomas look over the recorded video. As a result, they find that their mother had been sleepwalking; which was cause of the mysterious writing. As fear reaches its zenith with the family, Ellen decides that she and Samantha were going to stay in a hotel. In a short amount of time, Thomas receives a phone call from Ellen claiming that Samantha had been attacked by the demon. Thomas tries to investigate more, but it only causes things to escalate. But, as if that wasnâ(TM)t enough, Ellen is found in a mental state with her wrist cut. Thomas then calls in a psychic named Edgar Lauren; he tells them that demon was there because of Ellen. Finally, after the camera shows us the dead bodies of Edgar Lauren and Samantha Finely. Leaving Thomas for the blame of their deaths; He is arrested and sentenced to life, he commits suicide in prison soon after.
The movie Paranormal Entity has a superior storyline. For example, when the movie opens a black screen appears, this tells us some background information about the son Thomas Finely. The caption states that Thomas Finely was charged for the murder of his family and a psychic named Edgar Lauren. This gives a lot of detail as to what to expect in the movie, without telling the events that occur leading up to the climax. Also, in the movie Paranormal Entity, we witness a lot of demonic activity. In one scene, the digital recorder that Thomas set up, records Ellen sleepwalking in a possessed state. This evidence and activity give the storyline of the movie an intriguing and chilling feel.
The most important part of the film is the crew. In the movie Paranormal Entity the crew was satisfying in showing a large amount of emotion, which as a result added a great deal of excitement to the movie. Samantha Finely, who is played by Erin Marie Hogan, played a huge role in the movie Paranormal Entity. The amount of confusion and disconnection that the script called for was carried out well by her acting skills. Hoganâ(TM)s ability to show realistic symptoms fear and confusion was amazing. In one scene Samantha is found topless, and traumatized in her attic, the amount of confusion and disconnection that she acts is extremely realistic. Another spectacular character was Ellen Finely; Ellen is played by Fia Perara in the film. In the movie Fia shows a great deal of mental distress, for example, Ellen (Fia) is found with her wrist cut, and the weapon still in her hand. Fia Peraraâ(TM)s over emotional acting skills were phenomenal and easy to read. This gave the movie an intriguing edge and a mysterious thrill. Finally, Shane Van Dyke, better known as Thomas Finely, plays the investigative son. As the movie escalates, Thomasâ(TM)s fears do also. Thomas plays huge role in the movie, from setting traps to catch the paranormal entity, to putting up video cameras around the house.
Paranormal Entity was impressive. The director, Shane Van Dyke, succeeded in making an intriguing film. In the movie Shane Van Dyke â"the director- does a great job at emphasizing the paranormal activity in the movie. For instance, in one scene of the movie, Thomas Finely is starting to investigate the paranormal activity. Thomas sets up traps (using three bells and wires,) that would alarm Thomas of the entities appearance. When the spirit finally arrives, Thomas goes to investigates, but in return his wires and bells thrown at him. This is great proof that Van Dyke not only done a wonderful job at emphasizing the paranormal activity, but he also succeeded at acting and directing at the same time. Viewers who are not aware that Shane Van Dyke is also an actress in the movie would be in great amazement. Shane Van Dyke was a wonderful actor and director in the movie Paranormal Entity.
If youâ(TM)re looking for a movie that gives you thrills Paranormal Entity is a movie you should consider. The movies storyline, characters, and detailed director redefines spine chilling effects. The other Paranormal Activity movies just donâ(TM)t measure up to the emphasis that Shane Van Dyke gives in the movie Paranormal Entity. There is no doubt, the film Paranormal Entity will send chills down your spine.
October 3, 2012
Paranormal Entity Review
"Please... Send help, they killed her, they killed... my family is dead! Please... Just send help... they killed my mom... they're dead! My sister's dead! MY SISTER'S DEAD, IT KILLED HER! IT KILLED HER, MY SISTER'S DEAD!" Thomas Finely panicked as he told the police about his family's' death. For many, people paranormal movies have become a great sensation to watch. For example, the 2011 movie Paranormal Entity was a great chiller for many people. Paranormal Entity is an excellent movie because, of the intriguing storyline, maudlin reactions of characters, and the impressive work of the director Shane Van Dyke.
As the movie opens, we find a black screen with an important notice about the movie. The captions tell us that Thomas Finley, the son of David and Ellen Finley, was arrested for the rape and murder his sister Samantha Finely and a psychic named Edgar Lauren. After being arrested, Thomas Finely commits suicide in prison. As we get into the first scene of the movie, we are introduced to the characters: Ellen Finley (Mother); Samantha Finley (Daughter); and Thomas Finley (Son). Soon after we discover that Ellen Finley's husband (David Finley) is deceased. As a result of her husband's death, Ellen sinks into a grieving state, and begins talking to herself. Consequently, she leads herself to think that she is talking to her deceased husband. Immediately after, strange encounters begin to fill the house. Although, Thomas was skeptic al of the paranormal activity, Ellen and Samantha believed there is demonic activity in their home. Thomas then begins to set up video cameras all over the house to record the strange activity. After waking up and finding the word "MARON" wrote on their living room coffee table, Samantha and Thomas look over the recorded video. As a result, they find that their mother had been sleepwalking; which was cause of the mysterious writing. As fear reaches its zenith with the family, Ellen decides that she and Samantha were going to stay in a hotel. In a short amount of time, Thomas receives a phone call from Ellen claiming that Samantha had been attacked by the demon. Thomas tries to investigate more, but it only causes things to escalate. But, as if that wasn't enough, Ellen is found in a mental state with her wrist cut. Thomas then calls in a psychic named Edgar Lauren; he tells them that demon was there because of Ellen. Finally, after the camera shows us the dead bodies of Edgar Lauren and Samantha Finely. Leaving Thomas for the blame of their deaths; He is arrested and sentenced to life, he commits suicide in prison soon after.
The most important part of the film is the crew. In the movie Paranormal Entity the crew was satisfying in showing a large amount of emotion, which as a result added a great deal of excitement to the movie. Samantha Finely, who is played by Erin Marie Hogan, played a huge role in the movie Paranormal Entity. The amount of confusion and disconnection that the script called for was carried out well by her acting skills. Hogan's ability to show realistic symptoms fear and confusion was amazing. In one scene Samantha is found topless, and traumatized in her attic, the amount of confusion and disconnection that she acts is extremely realistic. Another spectacular character was Ellen Finely; Ellen is played by Fia Perara in the film. In the movie Fia shows a great deal of mental distress, for example, Ellen (Fia) is found with her wrist cut, and the weapon still in her hand. Fia Perara's over emotional acting skills were phenomenal and easy to read. This gave the movie an intriguing edge and a mysterious thrill. Finally, Shane Van Dyke, better known as Thomas Finely, plays the investigative son. As the movie escalates, Thomas's fears do also. Thomas plays huge role in the movie, from setting traps to catch the paranormal entity, to putting up video cameras around the house.
Paranormal Entity was impressive. The director, Shane Van Dyke, succeeded in making an intriguing film. In the movie Shane Van Dyke -the director- does a great job at emphasizing the paranormal activity in the movie. For instance, in one scene of the movie, Thomas Finely is starting to investigate the paranormal activity. Thomas sets up traps (using three bells and wires,) that would alarm Thomas of the entities appearance. When the spirit finally arrives, Thomas goes to investigates, but in return his wires and bells thrown at him. This is great proof that Van Dyke not only done a wonderful job at emphasizing the paranormal activity, but he also succeeded at acting and directing at the same time. Viewers who are not aware that Shane Van Dyke is also an actress in the movie would be in great amazement. Shane Van Dyke was a wonderful actor and director in the movie Paranormal Entity.
If you're looking for a movie that gives you thrills Paranormal Entity is a movie you should consider. The movies storyline, characters, and detailed director redefines spine chilling effects. The other Paranormal Activity movies just don't measure up to the emphasis that Shane Van Dyke gives in the movie Paranormal Entity. There is no doubt, the film Paranormal Entity will send chills down your spine.

-reese-
½ September 21, 2012
Paranormal Entity is a great low budget rip off of the original Paranormal Activity(which was a terrible movie)and it is also one of the better Asylum films since 666 The Child and it's direct sequel 666 The Beast, Exorcism The Possession Of Gail Bowers, Dead Line and Freakshow. This movie seriously had all of the energy to become a Horror film and I seriously think that this is a great low budget ripoff of the original Paranormal Activity and it is way better than the original Paranormal Activity because this film had several minor improvements over the original Paranormal Activity because this movie seriously beat that film and it may be better than the first Paranormal Activity but it can never beat the suspenceful and overrated Paranormal Activity 3. This is a great film and it kinda freaked me out and the plot of this film is about the Finley family's brutal murder at they're sub urban home and after the family has been killed the only survivor in the family Thomas Finley is sent to jail after the brutal murder of his family and he later on commits suicide in jail and police also found in the home where the family was murdered a video tape that shows what really happened to the Finley family before Thomas was sent straight to jail and it shows the Horror that happened in the Finley Residence. I seriously like this movie and it was pretty scary and creepy as well and I like the ideas of Paranormal Entity so far. This movie seriously has a lot of great things and I was happy with the improvements over the original Paranormal Activity overall. What's great about Paranormal Entity is that the film has so many genuine scares and spooks that the original lacked and all of the scares of Paranormal Entity is just great and there are so many jumps and scares in certain parts of the film. All of the scares in Paranormal Entity are just great and really resourceful. The scene where Thomas' sister Sam gets attacked by some unknown force is a really scary and suspenceful scene and that scene seriously freaked me out and I like how that scene went well so far. I also like the scene where the family starts hearing weird footsteps in the attic while they're downstairs and I think that's the most intense part of the film and it was a great scene so far. While the scene where Thomas' mom appears holding a kitchen knife and covered in blood on the hands is probably the scariest part of the movie and that scene seriously freaked me out so far. There are also a couple of scenes that I did enjoy in Paranormal Entity and it also reminded me of that creepy scene from the first Paranormal Activity where Katie is watching her boyfriend sleep and that is the scene where Thomas' mom stands in the hallway that scene seriously reminded me of the scene from the first Paranormal Activity where Katie just stands and watch her boyfriend sleep and the scene in this movie that reminded me of the first Paranormal Activity movie is just better than the scene in the first movie so far. There are also a lot of creepy moments in the film the scene where Thomas approached his sister is standing in the attic is just plain creepy so far. What I also like about this movie is that the film is also more atmospheric than the first Paranormal Activity and this movie has a lot of atmosphere than the original Paranormal Activity and that idea is great so far. And the last thing I like about Paranormal Entity is that the film is full of impressive and amazing camera work and the camera work seriously works well in this movie so far. Now I had mixed feelings about the acting in Paranormal Entity because this is a low budget movie so I think the acting in Paranormal Entity is solid just like Dead Line's acting but I still think that 666 The Child has the best acting among all Asylum films and the acting in Paranormal Entity seriously surpass the acting of the awful Halloween Night because Halloween Night's acting is just plain stupid and horrendously awful so far. Overall Paranormal Entity gets a 7/10 because this movie has everything you need for a Horror film it's still not the best Horror film though but it's ok so far.
September 20, 2012
This was actually very scary. The plot was well constructed and honestly it was more scary than the movie it's a rip-off of, Paranormal Activity. Plot-holes that were so obvious in Paranormal Activity, such as "Why don't they just leave the house?" are covered and explored in-depth in this film, giving you a gripping fear of being unable to imagine escaping whatever this "thing" is.

However, I will give a disclaimer: If you didn't like Paranormal Activity at all, you probably won't like this either. it is very much in the same genre. If you liked Paranormal Activity, I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the quality of this film.