Pardners - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pardners Reviews

September 30, 2015
Not a bad outing for the boys, but you can really tell that Lewis is edging out Martin by this time. It makes the ending credit all the more poignant.
½ June 3, 2014
A New Sheriff In Town--Even Martin & Lewis had to go out west!!
½ August 14, 2011
Mid-50s Dean Martin/Jerry Lewis comedy which, truth to tell, I found not to be really that funny at all - there's much better films by these two actors (both working together and on their own) than this one!
½ April 27, 2011
In 1956 the greatest comedy duo of all-time team up in a great comedy full of goofy humour and classic songs, the film is called Pardners.

The film is about the sons of two famous ranch partners a.k.a "Pardners" called Wade Kingsley who is played by the comedy legend (Jerry Lewis) and Slim Mosely also played by comedy legend (Dean Martin. Slim's ranch has been taken over from a greedy gang, so than Slim decides to go to his family in the rich suburbs to get some money and some help to get these greedy gang members off his land. This is when Slim and Wade meet for the first time and this is when all the chaos and laughter begins. Wade has always wanted to leave his rich life behind and go experience life at a ranch and be a real cowboy, so after alot of arguing and alot of hilirious conversations Slim finally gives in to Wade and lets him travel back to his ranch so they can both try and fight these greedy gangsters.

This is actually the first film that I have seen with the two comedic duo and all I can say is that I can see why these guys are known as the all time greatest. You have Dean Martin that pritty much is the guy that looks out for Jerry lewis when he does his stupid things, but than you have Lewis watching out for Martin at some points and that just adds more humour to the film.

This movie has a very similar story to the new cartoon called "Rango", I wont go into any details but this just remined Me alot of Rango's humour. There is also alot of singing in this movie, and it all is funny to listen to and you also have alot of goofy humour when Wade (Lewis) does stupid things and says stupid things but I think that is what is so funny about it. So come on guys instead of watching these predictable so, so comedys these days how about you hire this film out, it should make you laugh unless you find these two guys to be extremely annoying.
January 26, 2011
Patent nonsense, and Jerry Lewis skirts the very fine line between funny and annoying. Although he falls squarely into the annoying category more often than not, there are some genuinely funny moments, enough for me to enjoy the overall film, lazy and flimsy though it is. Lots of stock Paramount Western players in this, like Jack Elam and Lee Van Cleef, and... Agnes Moorehead? What the hell.
April 3, 2009
This film is so ridiculous and funny. A bit formualic but this was a Friday sitcom and music show for the family spending a night at the theatre. We had popcorn night and the kids loved it. Sort of like WB Bugs Bunny cartoon a little something for everyone in the family and both Dean and Jerry don't disapoint in this film.
January 8, 2009
Will saying I've seen this really age me??? Probably. But I'll say it anyway. Seirously, I grew up on Jerry Lewis; it's classic, it's funny...they don't make movies like this anymore.
½ June 25, 2008
You either love Martin & Lewis or you hate them. The music was good in this one.
½ February 16, 2008
Maybe my favorite Martin and Lewis. Probably the most solid, which helps. Lots of classic parts. Recommended.
January 30, 2008
This was not the greatest Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis movie the only scenes that were funny were the scenes with Jerry Lewis.
½ January 22, 2008
Another OK Lewis and Martin film.
January 15, 2008
Saw this as a kid... and still love it today...
½ November 11, 2007
A nice way to wile away a sunday afternoon.