Pardners Reviews

• Sep 30, 2015

Not a bad outing for the boys, but you can really tell that Lewis is edging out Martin by this time. It makes the ending credit all the more poignant.

• Jun 03, 2014

A New Sheriff In Town--Even Martin & Lewis had to go out west!!

A New Sheriff In Town--Even Martin & Lewis had to go out west!!

• Aug 14, 2011

Mid-50s Dean Martin/Jerry Lewis comedy which, truth to tell, I found not to be really that funny at all - there's much better films by these two actors (both working together and on their own) than this one!

• Apr 25, 2011

In 1956 the greatest comedy duo of all-time team up in a great comedy full of goofy humour and classic songs, the film is called Pardners. The film is about the sons of two famous ranch partners a.k.a "Pardners" called Wade Kingsley who is played by the comedy legend (Jerry Lewis) and Slim Mosely also played by comedy legend (Dean Martin. Slim's ranch has been taken over from a greedy gang, so than Slim decides to go to his family in the rich suburbs to get some money and some help to get these greedy gang members off his land. This is when Slim and Wade meet for the first time and this is when all the chaos and laughter begins. Wade has always wanted to leave his rich life behind and go experience life at a ranch and be a real cowboy, so after alot of arguing and alot of hilirious conversations Slim finally gives in to Wade and lets him travel back to his ranch so they can both try and fight these greedy gangsters. This is actually the first film that I have seen with the two comedic duo and all I can say is that I can see why these guys are known as the all time greatest. You have Dean Martin that pritty much is the guy that looks out for Jerry lewis when he does his stupid things, but than you have Lewis watching out for Martin at some points and that just adds more humour to the film. This movie has a very similar story to the new cartoon called "Rango", I wont go into any details but this just remined Me alot of Rango's humour. There is also alot of singing in this movie, and it all is funny to listen to and you also have alot of goofy humour when Wade (Lewis) does stupid things and says stupid things but I think that is what is so funny about it. So come on guys instead of watching these predictable so, so comedys these days how about you hire this film out, it should make you laugh unless you find these two guys to be extremely annoying.

• Jan 26, 2011

Patent nonsense, and Jerry Lewis skirts the very fine line between funny and annoying. Although he falls squarely into the annoying category more often than not, there are some genuinely funny moments, enough for me to enjoy the overall film, lazy and flimsy though it is. Lots of stock Paramount Western players in this, like Jack Elam and Lee Van Cleef, and... Agnes Moorehead? What the hell.

• Apr 03, 2009

This film is so ridiculous and funny. A bit formualic but this was a Friday sitcom and music show for the family spending a night at the theatre. We had popcorn night and the kids loved it. Sort of like WB Bugs Bunny cartoon a little something for everyone in the family and both Dean and Jerry don't disapoint in this film.

• Jan 08, 2009

Will saying I've seen this really age me??? Probably. But I'll say it anyway. Seirously, I grew up on Jerry Lewis; it's classic, it's funny...they don't make movies like this anymore.

• Jun 25, 2008

You either love Martin & Lewis or you hate them. The music was good in this one.

• Feb 16, 2008

Maybe my favorite Martin and Lewis. Probably the most solid, which helps. Lots of classic parts. Recommended.

• Jan 22, 2008

Another OK Lewis and Martin film.

Another OK Lewis and Martin film.