Paris When It Sizzles - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paris When It Sizzles Reviews

December 16, 2015
An oily and commitment-phobic William Holden schmoozes and boozes Audrey Hepburn until she agrees to be his Bastille Day date.
November 22, 2015
Interesting story on how Audrey helps a script writer get over his writing block
January 20, 2015
Lousy, lousy movie; pretty, pretty Lambretta
January 2, 2015
This story has the cleverness of a door slamming. It's full of nonsense where Hollywood thinks it going to play it cute with the audience by throwing some beautiful people and a bunch of cameos together.
December 13, 2014
what was tony curtis doing here?! :D
½ October 4, 2014
Not a true classic film, but it is engaging enough due to its charismatic stars, Hepburn and Holden and the Paris setting. Worth a watch on a cloudy weekend afternoon.
½ September 4, 2014
Another film, similar to Jean-Luc Godard's 1963 film Contempt, about the script writing of a film. We see visuals of the scenes being acted out as they are written by Audrey and William's characters, and like in Contempt, art imitates life as the characters fall in love. I prefer Audrey's other films with deeper plot.
July 23, 2014
Clearly they thought that because the movie was self-referential, that automatically made it witty. It had a couple of good gags, but it was mostly Audrey Hepburn's charm that carried the movie, rather than the script.
July 3, 2014
A film within a film and an interesting timepiece in cinema, almost post-modern with its story if it wasn't produced so commercially within its era. There's no proper plot, just a brooding love story among whimsical episodic fantasy, but it works and includes a fair few cameos.
February 19, 2014
A little bit of a misfire, but Audrey Hepburn delivers the goods just like always, which helps save this film.
January 11, 2014
Campy post-modern fun.
January 10, 2014
Doubtlessly wouldn't be entertaining if not for its leads, but manages some funny moments anyway. Enjoyable piffle.
½ October 7, 2013
If "Sabrina" was one of Audrey Hepburn's best films, then "Paris When It Sizzles" is one of her worst. I couldn't even get past the first fifteen minutes; it's just so random and ridiculous.
May 19, 2013
Incredibly brilliantly excellently fantastically amazing just like the rest of Audrey Hepburn's movies and it touch my heart and it's inspiring just like the rest if Audrey Hepburn's movies with an incredibly brilliantly excellently fantastically amazing performance from Audrey Hepburn just like in the rest of her movies. They mentioned a lot of Audrey Hepburn's movies in this movie like they mentioned My Fair Lady and Breakfast At Tiffany's but that's one of the reasons I love this movie
April 29, 2013
It's silly, satirical, humourous & somewhat romantic & a bit uneven. Now Hepburn almost always sizzles as one of those truly special movie stars & William Holden does a decent job in his role but Paris When it Sizzles kinda works & kinda doesn't.
January 23, 2013
The reteaming of Hepburn and Holden ten years after the excellent Sabrina is not a success. The plot and dialogue are insipid, and Holden has transitioned from hot snarky playboy to skeezy drunk lounge lizard.
December 24, 2012
Fun & fluff with Audrey Hepburn as lovely as ever. Tony Curtis is wonderful playing the 'second policeman'.
½ December 15, 2012
It's always a pleasure to watch Audrey Hepburn but the storyline was not as tantalizing as presumed.
November 21, 2012
Cleverly written but at the same time confusing. There is so much going on that it is overwhelming. Their story being acted out messes up the whole plot and all the innuendo tends to be a bit awkward. What I did like was all of the references the movie made and the cameo appearances made by Tony Curtis, Marlene Dietrich, Frank Sinatra, and Mel Ferrer.
October 13, 2012
This was apparently one of Audrey Hepburn's least favorite roles, and while the film certainly isn't her best, I still had a great time watching this goofy, wildly aloof romance film. Despite being more fluff than substance, it has a fun charm to it, and is also pretty funny most of the time. I think this is one of Hepburn's most underrated films.