Parker Kane - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Parker Kane Reviews

March 21, 2015
I'm sure this TV movie was originally done as a pilot for a potential TV series along the lines of "Matt Huston" or B.L. Striker" and it's was clearly of that same low quality. Jeff Fahey plays an ex-cop, now private detective. He's surrounded by the usual cast of colorful supporting characters, the colorful crew at his local bar (which has his name on a corner table) that includes a before she was famous Marisa Tomei as a waitress and Zakes Mokae as the bar owner. There's also his wacky friend played by a pre "NYPD Blue" David Caruso. There's also love interest ex-wife Gail O'Grady, Patti LaBelle singing in one bar scene bad guy Stellan Skarsgård and Billy Wirth and Amanda Pays. The film was photographed by Jan de Bont and it was produced by Joel Silver, so it does have a slick look to it, but the script is just terrible. It includes like like "Why is it you're always around when bodies turn up?" This film is only worth watching for late 80s style camp value.
November 21, 2010
Parkers principles......
½ June 5, 2009
long hair few scenes
½ May 26, 2009
One could look at this cheapie as a lame excuse for a televison pilot, or one could look at it as really awesome Jeff Fahey cheese! I choose the later. Parker Kane is the perfect 90s anti-hero: he's an ex-cop turned P.I. with an ex-wife, a smoking habit, a hip vintage car, a sweet chopper, a lucky charm bullet necklace, a diner HQ loaded with quirky characters, mad piano skills, a MUG rootbeer guzzling kitty cat, talk-to-camera street smarts, and a dead high school buddy to provide plot-driving motivation. Bit parts by Marisa Tomei, David Caruso, Stellan Skarsgaard, and Zakes Mokae. Not a great movie, but plenty fun if ya love the Fahey like I do. Personally, I would have loved to have seen this as a series. VF.