Passenger Side Reviews

• Jul 26, 2015

A sort of road movie, and a tv movie. Very cinéma-vérité but at a barebone budget. A bit like the nouvelle vague in France. Not too bad an effort but we can see lots of fake events and people. This is not too serious, so it comes out as more or less watchable, if you have time for this. It is adult rated.

• Jul 26, 2015

• Jul 20, 2014

a lot of going nowhere for no reason

a lot of going nowhere for no reason

• Apr 12, 2014

An indie road movie in which sharp and witty dialogue is the main attraction. Nicely done, but not particularly memorable.

• Jul 10, 2013

Loved! Stellar acting by all.

Loved! Stellar acting by all.

• May 26, 2013

I enjoyed this relatively simple sibling road movie. The acting is crisp, the characters believable, the plot is loose but it doesn't really matter. The beauty of this film is in the characters; the brothers bouncing off eachother, the strange people they meet along the way, this is as much a film about people as it is about family. There is a twist at the end that isn't too hard to anticipate but well done nonetheless.

• May 09, 2013

Passenger Side is an unconventional road trip movie that dares to challenge the audience. Adam Scott's likeable presence leaves you willing to overlook the narrative shortcomings.

• Mar 16, 2013

billed as 'better than 'sideways'' no i don't think so

billed as 'better than 'sideways'' no i don't think so

• Dec 09, 2012

"Passenger Side" à (C) independente como gênero. Ou seja, se acha profundo, mas à (C) extremamente raso.

• Jul 02, 2012

Unusual independent road movie that tells us of the strained relationship between two brothers. On the day of her birthday Michael must help his younger brother Tobey to find his absent girlfriend, the love of his life. Reluctantly Michael drives Tobey around Los Angeles County in his battered car looking for Theresa through suburban streets and the austere landscape of the desert. In a short time we get to know several misfits that populate the County, and they just act as background for the continuous bickering of these two siblings separated by diametrical lifestyles and points of view. The dialogues are sharp and smart and reflect in the different choices they both have made: practical and academic Michael against bohemian junkie Tobey. It is an interesting unpretentious film, especially at the beginning, with a light and subtle story that is almost an excuse to show us this gallery of bizarre characters that inhabit this corner of California. A good photography adds to this comedy/drama a touch of class. I can see the director Matt Bissonnette doing something more meaningful in the future.