Passion Play - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Passion Play Reviews

December 30, 2015
No stars. Unbelievably ludicrous.
½ August 19, 2015
Waste of time! Sorry to see that Mickey Rourke and Bill Murray wasted their time as well.
½ August 10, 2015
What could be worse than Mickey Rourke and Megan Fox making out in a movie?...well,I think Megan's acting takes the cake,definitely...

In this movie,she's playing an Angel for some reason and Bill effin' Murray is playing some mafia dude...sad,really sad.wasted talent at its best (of course,I am only talking about Mickey and Bill...NOT megan,ok?)
½ December 30, 2014
Megan Fox/Mickey Rourks new movie Passion Play is retarded don't bother watching it.
July 20, 2014
Simply Wonderful! For those who want to trash this movie, all I can say is sorry you didn't understand or don't want to.
½ May 24, 2014
watching Mickey Rourke and Megan Fox make out made me want to burn my eyes out. the plot was stupid too
SC007
May 17, 2014
The film strikes out, big time. It feels like the director was trying to make a David Lynch or Terry Gilliam type of movie here. He even tries copying their styles and it doesn't work. In a weird way the film kind of reminded me of the movie, Indecent Proposal. The special effects weren't good here. The flying sequence and Megan Fox's wings looked too cheesy and fake.

There is a lot of miscasting here. I think they casted Rourke cause of Angel Heart. He was better in that film than this one. He has no on screen chemistry with Fox. Megan tries to do the best that she can on screen. Rhys Ifans is way over the top in his role. Bill Murray happens to be the best one here. He makes the film, watchable. I like when he plays villain roles, like in Mad Dog and Glory and Kingpin.

If you see this movie, then watch it for Bill Murray's performance.
January 18, 2014
1/17/2014: A good cast, but a bad movie. Not enjoyable in any way. Down and out musician falls for young hottie with wings, but she gets taken by a mobster type. Interesting, but not put together well at all.
January 16, 2014
Embarrassing,to even think that this could pass as a movie.
½ December 20, 2013
This film is strange, make no doubt about it, but it's not terrible. I enjoyed seeing Mickey Rourke and Bill Murray and Megan Fox was more competent than usual (maybe that's because she's playing a symbol rather than a character). There's some gorgeous cinematography and scoring and the premise is unusual enough to keep my interest.
½ October 5, 2013
A giant, steaming turd of a movie. All involved should be embarrassed.
½ September 29, 2013
Very slow, but I liked the end. Boy, has Mickey Rourke gotten UGLY!
August 4, 2013
If you gave me a movie with Megan Fox as Megan Fox with wings, Bill Murray as a gangster, and Mickey Rourke as a down-on-his-luck jazz musician, I'd normally charge into it grinning....which I did. Too bad the fact is a David Lynch directed adaptation of a Dashiell Hammet novel with none of the cool. The acting is generally good, especially by Bill Murray, but it's almost all nearly lost in the script and editing. The romance between Megan and Mickey alternates between sweet and weird, and while the angel thing could have been cool, the effects just make it dumb. Outside of Bill Murray, there's really nothing to recommend here so I'd say this is one film you can safely pass.
May 28, 2013
This film is a great find, I am actually surprised at some of the spew aimed at this film. I really enjoyed watching it, and it pulled a lot of emotion.
May 14, 2013
WOW.... these critics did not get it, nor did they watch it till the end!!!!!! OBVIOUSLY if you pay attention in the beginning you will completely understand and appreciate it!!! I am truly stunned by all the bad ratings.... that's like calling Wizard of OZ terrible because their are no such thing as talking lions.... LOL!.... Spoiler! HE IS DEAD! LOL!
May 8, 2013
Passion Play. So bad that you want to laugh in it's face, especially at the very end. Yet at the same time given the fact that it was one of the worst plots i have ever seen, it had some strange watchable factor. I think solely because Megan Fox is very easy to look at. Just unbelievably hot. Also I enjoy seeing Bill Murray and Mickey Rourke, but not in this. Myself along with the people who directed/produced it, recommend it to no one. A solid 2/10
April 28, 2013
66%

Never seen Murray in a role I didn't like, the movie however was disappointing.
April 13, 2013
This cinematography was excellent, the music wonderful. The was an unexpected surprisingly engaging movie that lives up to its title. At heart this is a religious drama. It seems that because of the actors involved, the wrong audience watched this movie. That's the only way I can fathom the ridicuously negative reviews. The professional critics seemed for the most part missed the point entirely. This was an excellent film.
March 12, 2013
no one seems to get that it's the last dreams of a dying man, like an 'occurrence at owl creek bridge'
½ March 6, 2013
I think the story can be pretty and interesting, but in this movie ,it was hard to watch. I don't know why, but it just did not work.