Passionada - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Passionada Reviews

October 15, 2014
Pleasant but rather standard romance plot and rather slow. The cast does very well, however, making this a nice watch for romantics.
November 13, 2012
Enjoyable actor coast in this romantic drama.
½ May 12, 2012
Not sure exactly what other people saw in this movie. I rent all types, from horrible to excellent, and I watch them all, from start to finish. However, this was a movie that I could not stomach. About 1 hour in, I reached for the remote and hit stop. The script is pretty terrible, but the performances weren't much better. A slow car-crash of a movie. There weren't enough redeeming moments to remove any of the bad taste left after every attempted scene. You can see the entire plot coming after the first 5 minutes, and it just spirals downhill from there
½ April 5, 2012
Jason Isaacs is wonderful.
December 31, 2011
meh. just okay. i didn't feel the passion between Celia and the gambler. great scenery. okay story.
½ September 29, 2011
½ August 12, 2011
A nice movie to watch if you can let your feelings of disbelief be put aside for a while. Actually, I kept thinking Penelope Cruz was in the role that Sofia Milos had.
July 11, 2011
Another romance where the leading man is a liar and a cheater at his profession. Must be true that leading ladies like bad boys. This is a simple story of love in a New England town which has a large Portuguese population. Sofia Milos reminded me so much of Madonna in her "La Isla Bonita" days. Jason Isaacs has a way about him that got on my nerves. Emmy Rossum was the factor that made this movie bearable. She broke up the somewhat tediously subdued "passionada" of the other two characters. Her devil-may-care attitude was refreshing and is the only spark in this movie.

You wrote this on 10/8/08.
June 23, 2011
When your fantasies finally come true, sometimes they are awkward and unsatisfying. I guess there's a good reason why they didn't seem realistic... However I do believe there's a happy ending for everyone of us... just like in this great movie.
June 13, 2011
A pesar de que me quede placenteramente dormido en partes de la pelicula, no se debio a que estuviera aburrida sino que yo estaba cansado jajajaja. Al menos pude disfrutar del fado y aprendi un poco de la comunidad portuguesa en Massachusetts. Sin duda apasionados si que son LOL..
October 12, 2009
the things you watch for Jason.....
September 29, 2009
A good light-hearted movie with some humourous parts and a nice storyline
July 17, 2009
Silly story, obvious happy-ending, but Jason Isaacs, as usual, made it worth watching. And his attempts on speaking portuguese were simply lmfao!
½ June 15, 2009
This movie is cool! Emmy Rossum did such a fantastic job in it! :D
May 22, 2009
luv this movie so much...good luv storyline
April 5, 2009
Not an unusual story.. But I love the sea, great performance and some of the scenes shot between Issac and Sofia are marvellous..
February 27, 2009
a nice depiction of the portuguese culture in America, brought there by the luso immigrants. it made me even more proud of my country's culture, traditions, and cuisine. now, the story itself...eh. its like any other romantic story we got used to see on the big screen.
January 2, 2009
Smuk musik og en god historie
October 26, 2008
Lookin or it's music clips! ustloved it!