Pastorela - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pastorela Reviews

July 27, 2014
This movie was hilarious and intense! i loved it
½ July 8, 2014
An original and funny B-comedy. Pastorela carries great visuals and lots of laughs.
September 1, 2013
I had fun. Obviously I would've gotten more out of the movie if I had better knowledge of the whole Nativity Play tradition and was more familiar with the politics of Church and Police interaction in Mexico. But still, even on a surface level I enjoyed the various factions fighting each other.
May 21, 2013
It's a funny movie. It's an over the top comedy -horror movie. Mexican movies have always been a little cheesy. But it's nice to see that they are using special effects . Yes the movie was all over the place but it fun watching this wacky dark comedy.
December 6, 2012
I enjoyed this film, but by the end the film sort of lost its ground. I don't think there really should've been any supernatural goings-on in the film. I think it cheapens what the film is trying to do. Because there's this really great idea of this man so obsessed with playing the devil in his community's nativity play that he would go to any extremes to play the part, the supernatural aspect sort of cheapens the character's motivations. But I still think the movie is quite fun, certainly goes for a darker approach to its comedy and it works for the most part. The movie is definitely expletive-filled and, somehow, that supplies a lot of the comedy. I'll be the first one to say that film with a lot of curse words does not make a good film, but I suppose in the context of this film, with it relating to priests and religious folk, it sort of works. It doesn't work every time, but it works some times and I think the film has a fun cast that also helps pick up the slack when the script falters. But, again, the film isn't without its flaws and it's unfortunate because there was a point where this was on its way to being a great comedy. Unfortunately some parts of the script/dialogue and the supernatural aspects kept this film from being truly great. But I still had fun watching this, and I guess that's all that you can ask from a movie.
September 28, 2012
Pinche movie mamona, esta poca madre la neta!!!
September 26, 2012
Me diverti mucho con esta pelicula :)
August 14, 2012
Very funny movie, I really enjoyed it!
July 11, 2012
Thank you!!! I needed a movie like this.
June 29, 2012
funny entertaining mexican screwball comedy
June 5, 2012
Entretenida y bastante amena, no entendí para nada el final, pero vale la pena por todo lo demás.
½ April 26, 2012
looks funny, i want to see that movie
April 16, 2012
Me diverti mucho con esta pelicula :)
March 24, 2012
This was the Worst movie of the year wihtout an story without anything
February 15, 2012
ammm tenía mayores espectativas al respecto pero pues se torna aburrida la pelicula conforme va avanzando la historia...
February 3, 2012
No es lo q yo esperaba pero en ratos te hace reir ... "/
January 13, 2012
Es un cague de risa esta lica, ciertamente es muy irreverente, pero en algunos pasajes, hasta la detenia para cagarme de la risa unos minutos :)
½ January 3, 2012
que peli­cula tan mala...
December 28, 2011
Definitivamente mejor que la de Eugenio Derves, divertida, tonta, y con buenos personajes. Se queda con algunos vacios que no se entienden.
Aprendi algo nuevo sobre las costumbres mexicanas pues no sabia de las Pastorelas. El padre, el diablo y el diablo son geniales. Sin duda vale la pena verla.
½ December 22, 2011
Genius ass, hilarious movie.