Patience (After Sebald) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Patience (After Sebald) Reviews

½ April 3, 2016
Wanna read this,, 'The Rings of Saturn'
September 7, 2014
you can enjoy this documentary even by not knowing anything about Sebald. One of the most iconic writers of this generation that people have just come to notice.
½ June 14, 2014
Undeniably stylish in its depiction of a very niche subject, but also lacking in stimulus with its chosen subject and comes across as very as a very dull documentary.
September 6, 2012
Dense and tiring for such a short film but beautiful and inspiring enough to elicit repeat viewings.
September 2, 2012
Imagino que para quem leu Os Anà (C)is de Saturno esse documentário seja imperdível. Para mim, uma curiosa que ainda planeja se aproximar do Sebald (parte da enorme constelação Vila-Matas...), foi um aperitivo bem saboroso.
May 15, 2012
Informative, compelling, and haunting. I really loved this film.
½ May 8, 2012
The wrier W.G. Sebald died in 2001, and since then his work has slowly grown in appreciation in the Western world. It is often said - and repeated in this film - that if he had not died he would surely have won the Nobel Prize for Literature. Patience, a lyrical film-essay on Sebald's most famous work, The Rings of Saturn, tracks the course of the book's walk through East Anglia and ruminates upon art, history, geography and life.

To many this will be an infuriating and dull film, but to those with sensitivity to artistic concerns it is nothing short of mesmerising. Though it resolves nothing, and explains nothing, it nonetheless takes you as close as is possible to the spirit of a man now dead and to a world-view few ever see. As a writer myself I felt this work resonate profoundly within me, and it awoke a desire to read Sebald, to visit his beloved East Anglia (though beloved not his home, however) and to spend more of my time just walking and observing and learning to live.
May 4, 2012