Paul McCartney Really Is Dead: The Last Testament of George Harrison - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paul McCartney Really Is Dead: The Last Testament of George Harrison Reviews

½ April 12, 2016
Scripted by someone who only knows of the American release dates for various Beatles tracks. More of a mocumentary than a documentary. Some of the tracks used as examples were actually written, recorded and released in the UK long before the so called day of Paul's death. The photo showing a doctored image of False Paul, or "Faul" with the badly Photoshopped Pinnochio nose, the revelation that Rita is actually Heather Mills, who wasn't even born when Paul supposedly died, and video footage of George saying Faul instead of Paul all shoot this bit of rubbish down in flames. Google the actual footage and George is clearly saying Paul with a very pronounced P. The voice actor pretending to be George on the tape has a laughable Liverpudlian accent at the best of times, and why on Earth would the real George begin by introducing the Beatles and how they became famous before blurting out the long winded confession? Absolute rubbish and anyone fooled by this is extremely gullible or simply ignorant to the facts.
March 28, 2016
Interesting if you want to learn about the "clues" behind this conspiracy theory, but I thought trying to pass that off as George Harrison was a little disrespectful.
August 13, 2014
I thought this would at least be interesting... But instead it was pretty stupid. Not even semi-believable.
December 17, 2013
Interesting and well presented. Makes real Beatles fan go Hummm
½ June 9, 2013
Joel Gilbert (the same hack documentarian who tortured us with a painfully hyperbolic and unauthorized rock doc about Bob Dylan) offends us yet again with this cinematic turd. Using "George Harrison's" audio recording of his last will and testament, which Gilbert claims was "personally sent" to him, Gilbert tries to convince us that Paul McCartney died in 1966, and that the Paul we know today is actually a nip-and-tuck imposter. If the unconvincing voice actor who tries to sound like George Harrison isn't enough to convince you of Gilbert's overt film-flammery, I don't know how else I can help you.
May 4, 2013
Wow this is one powerful documentary. I love the Beatles and can't say I share the same feeling for Documentaries but, this had me glued during the entire show. The clues and the album covers are just eerie enough to make you watch for that segment alone. If you're a fan of the Beatles it is worth the time to sit an watch this... you just may wonder if Paul McCartney really is dead?
½ January 13, 2013
Even someone with little Beatles knowledge can understand what George Harrison tells the audience in the amazing conspiracy documentary. Over all well done, it really makes you want to believe Paul McCartney is dead because now looking at these clues, they make sense now as to why for example Paul isn't wearing shoes at Abbey Road or why he's always looking a different way than the rest of the Beatles
December 16, 2012
Totally MIND BLOWN! This documentary presents one heck of an argument on the possibility that Paul McCartney isn't the one we see today. I was a little skeptical going in but you would not believe what they present to the viewer. A MUST WATCH! WOW!!
December 4, 2012
Amusing, to say the least.
November 6, 2012
To this day I still find it cool that people think the director was serious when he made this movie. This is obviously fake people. As a film, it's pretty entertaining and kept my interest most of the time. The story is of how the director received a package from London titled "the last testament of George Harrison." Right off the bat I could tell this was fake, why would whoever send this, send it to an obscure movie production company? Anyway, we are then treated to someone sounding like George talking about how Paul McCartney was killed in a car accident, then replaced with a double. The clues presented in this film were clever and something not the average fan would notice. Especially the Lonely Hearts Club Band cover, it had me looking through google images to see it for myself. But the part about "backwards mixing" immediately lost me. It's the same thing that the college kids found when this same "hoax" came out. (yes it's based on a real hoax.) Whoever edited the film, cudos to you. You did a good job, even though it was simple, it kept me interested. When the story started involving MI5, the story got a little more interesting. The fictional Maxwell character was intimidating, even if we never saw him. The film's hoax mixes with John Lennon's death and the attack on George Harrison after they both threatened to expose "Faul's" secret. The film ultimately stops and has no ending, we should expect that from a movie like this. Overall, the movie was alright, but it tries to use an old hoax to cash in some.
½ August 10, 2012
...I am Paul McCartney.
June 27, 2012
Very eye opening, but dull and unbelievable.
½ June 19, 2012
The premise is insane. A mini-tape containing a perfect studio-quality recording of George Harrison flawlessly and in chronological order recounting every single clue in every Beatles record from 40 years prior about how Paul McCartney really was dead. It basically defeats itself with how stupid it is. I can understand if you want to make a film about a conspiracy theory you believe in, but just make a film about it. You don't need to make up some shitty story about George Harrison and get an actor to do the worst, fake Liverpool accent ever. Just make the damn film with a narrator like a normal person. It's already a stupid conspiracy theory, you don't need to disintegrate the last shred of credibility this may have had by faking a "confession" by Harrison. It's laughable. The craziness goes so far that I wonder if this was actually supposed to be some sort of comedy. Even if it was, it's just sad how deep these people dig to try to get things in their story to fit. Anyways. Fun watch. Would recommend to anyone who doesn't mind cringe-worthy stupidness and horrible animations etc.
May 28, 2012
there is a grain of truth in every lie.despite popular opinion, amazing & captivating. spoken by George Harrison from a hospital bed upon his near fatal stabbing over a decdade ago (he later succumbed to stomach cancer.) it explains the idea of how "Paul is Dead" came to be and that the publicity stunt became the basis for "Rubber Soul" when Paul was replaced by a "Plastic Paul" and how much the stunt became the centerpiece of the rest of the Beatles existence.conspriracy theory + Beatles = brilliant.
May 14, 2012
best movie i have ever seen.. it makes you wonder which other artist are fakes in the industry
May 6, 2012
Be prepared for an animation of William Campbell turning into Paul McCartney, and prepare to see it an upward of 15 times.
April 18, 2012
It's a strange trip. If you know much about the Beatles, you'll quickly realize this is another hoax but it's compelling to see how they support this crazy alternate history.
½ April 3, 2012
IN THE MOST MEANINGFUL WAY....'MEH'
Dont believe it.you can make anything fit if you try hard enough. tonally he sounds identical to Paul but they cant really tell if the tapes are George. cmon man.
February 25, 2012
i heard it had compelling and circumstantial evidence throuout. maybe I dont think its true because I dont want to believe it. but Elanor Rigby was a true person!