Paulie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paulie Reviews

½ July 31, 2016
While not exactly a timeless classic, Paulie is still a pleasing enough family movie thanks to its talented actors (including Jay Mohr as the voice of the titular character) and enough humour and drama to compensate for its uneven narratives.
February 18, 2016
This movie was good and funny about a bird and there where funny parts in this movie
½ November 22, 2015
my absolute fav movie esp in non cartoon kid friendly,my best friend really loves this movie too we watch it together sometimes i own it and its been on netfix for quite some time. cute sentimental funny and some i blubber like a baby moments just touching,i have a bird a conure not the same kind as Paulie and i love birds so this movie i had to have,i was like 16 when it came out, i dont even have children,and unlike the movie Marley and me which was really cute and had laughs Paulie isnt heartbreaking or tragic i found marley and me traumatizing.i def recommend this movie
October 4, 2015
An epic quest; not just another talking animal story, Paulie is as aspiring, inspiring and believable as any Galahad in search of his Holy Grail. There are evil villains as obstacles and good deeds to be done. This is a magical tale masterfully told by unsung director John Roberts and should be shown as a Special, annually like Wizard of Oz and It's a Wonderful Life.
½ May 15, 2015
I had always assumed this film was a lesser of talking animal pictures but from re-visiting it I was surprised by its depth & how sad it is today how little substance is in kids films.

The story of a stuttering girl & her parrot who learns to talk & naturally find himself in quite a bit of trouble.

The story centers on his journey back to find her but it's the stories along the way especially the blind artist that are quite touching & profound. It's a lovely film that was enjoyable to re-watch.
½ March 12, 2015
A cliche, but mostly sweet talking animal movie with good actors to balance it out.
½ September 17, 2014
even though it's not perfect it's still an enjoyable film that is really heart felling and cute. it's one of those films that help you see the wonders of life
August 12, 2014
(First viewing - Teen years)
July 29, 2014
I watched this movie when it first came out and watched it again recently and wow it's so touching! Has a few great people in it as well! Pretty funny movie!
½ March 20, 2014
"There are things in life you put off, because you think you're gonna do them later. But the real thing Ivy taught me is you gotta live like there may not be a later."
½ February 18, 2014
GRRRREAT! Paulie is....Simply One of the best family movies. Teaches good values,Children (6 and up) will love it and adults as well. Funny for kids hilarious for grownups.......Will pull on your heart strings.......Great ending......ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!
½ February 7, 2014
La premisa de una aventura de mascotas no es nueva la película profundiza mas en la relación con su dueña y los sentimientos del mismo haciéndola una historia conmovedora y a momentos realmente triste
½ November 8, 2013
The main character is unlikeable and the story is unengaging.
½ August 17, 2013
Reminds me of my Childhood.

Really good film. The story was so good and reminds me of my life in Florida. I have always loved this film and will always love this film.
June 28, 2013
DEPRESSING. Who would have thought a movie about a cute little bird could be so sad.
June 22, 2013
who knew you could get so teary eyed over a bird?
May 22, 2013
I liked it whan I was a kid, but only when I was a kid, today I don't like it as when I was a kid. Perhaps this is one of those movies that are made only for children, but only for CHILDREN.
½ February 25, 2013
Cute story about a talking parrot who after many years with the help of some kindly people becomes reunited with Marie, the now grown up little girl who used to own him.
January 22, 2013
Its a cute and an entertaining movie.