Paulie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paulie Reviews

May 22, 2013
I liked it whan I was a kid, but only when I was a kid, today I don't like it as when I was a kid. Perhaps this is one of those movies that are made only for children, but only for CHILDREN.
½ February 25, 2013
Cute story about a talking parrot who after many years with the help of some kindly people becomes reunited with Marie, the now grown up little girl who used to own him.
January 22, 2013
Its a cute and an entertaining movie.
January 7, 2013
This movie is very touching, has great acting, very funny, and definitely a childhood classic.
January 5, 2013
Amazing family film; fell in love the first time I watched it!
December 29, 2012
A sweet, funny story that is so heart warming and touching it is an instant family classic.
½ December 10, 2012
wow I loved this film about a parrot, I thought it was good movie and I actually enjoyed watching it, it was actually better than what I thought it would be, it starred Tony Shalhoub, Jay Mohr, Gena Rowlands, Bruce Davison and Hallie Kate Eisenberg
December 7, 2012
The human beings are almost as interesting as the title character in this surprisingly subtle and engaging film about the cross-country adventures of a smart-mouthed parrot.
November 23, 2012
At times overly schmaltzy and sentimental, but generally well-intentioned and good-hearted with a few moments of genuine depth, aside from its unfortunate amounts of filler in an already brief film. Ultimately, good entertainment.
November 22, 2012
In a world where there are few happy endings I enjoyed Paulie!
October 31, 2012
This movie is actually very entertaining despite lack of starpower and kiddish appearences.
½ October 11, 2012
a more tearjerking, sentimental children's film
birdlovers will love Paulie, the kids may have to have their parents around when the intense stuff happens
love Paulie himself and Tony Shaloub bouncing off one another bonding as Paulie opens up about his hard existence speaking
it's true that talking can get you in trouble in certain situations, you must know what to say and how you say it
I think only 1 subplot in here could have been dropped because nothing really got resolved
it stinks too you don't see Marie again until the end of the film although I can let that slide since it is about a bird building up to the courage and go on his search for his beloved owner
you can find friends in unexpected places man or animal
½ October 8, 2012
One I've seen quite a bit. Not one of my favourites, but definitely a really sweet and cute movie. I highly recommend 'The Real Macaw' if you liked this one
September 23, 2012
I love this film! A charming and at moments, a sad film.
½ September 2, 2012
One of the most funny movies ever!I haven't seen in a while though. :-(
August 22, 2012
This one's a real tearjerker from my childhood. Wonderful and beautiful movie.
July 7, 2012
This movie is family friendly, teaches values, and has some very good acting. It's the only movie I know of with a parrot that actually educates the viewers as to how parrots truly behave, feel and think.
June 20, 2012
It's an amazing film with a great story. It's very disappointing how underrated this movie is.
½ May 14, 2012
Love this movie! Mango, Mango, M-A-N-G-O!