Reviews

• Oct 05, 2014

This was an intense movie

This was an intense movie

• Oct 23, 2013

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 (2002) Pavement THRILLER HORROR Made for TV movie and is available for rental starring Robert Patrick as a Professional tracker Sam Brown living in Alaska, and he's just learned that his sister had been murdered. So he goes back to the very city where it originally happened meeting homicide cop Buckley Clarke played by Lauren Holly who's assigned to the investigation, succumbing to work together. Although, the low budget shows, it's still interesting to see how a tracker and a cop can work together to solve a case which is like crime shows like "The Mentalist" or the short lived series "Lie To Me" in which the protagonist is a body language expert. 2.5 out of 4 stars

• Apr 25, 2013

Definitely worth a watch. The script needed a little more work, but is tolerable. Good chemistry between the leads, and Patrick is outstanding as the tracker. Different and interesting. Anyone who liked Silence of the Lambs or crime thrillers should love this.

• Dec 25, 2012

DESCENT THRILLER/ SERIAL KILLER PIC

DESCENT THRILLER/ SERIAL KILLER PIC

• Feb 01, 2010

Love this movie. I just watched it last night.

Love this movie. I just watched it last night.

• Apr 17, 2009

Nice surprise there. I liked.

Nice surprise there. I liked.

• Mar 10, 2009

One of the more interesting straight to dvd films of the past 10 years.

One of the more interesting straight to dvd films of the past 10 years.

• Nov 27, 2008

Very interesting storyline - I liked the tracking elements and the story surrounding George Johnson, the killer. The characters, especially Hunter's Clarke and Duncan's Johnson, were very well developed and "stand-alone" - not to mention the fact that Johnson gave me the heebie-jeebies on several occasions (who'd have thought the simple addition of a cosmetic eye contact could have such an effect.)

• Nov 19, 2006

6.5/10. Surprisingly effective murder thriller. Lauren Holly and Robert Patrick have a great deal of chemistry on the screen. It is suspenseful, interesting and convincing. (Although it is a little far-fetched, but it never distracted me from the film.). A solid mystery thriller.

• Feb 06, 2004

Pavement walks a fine line between feature film and movie-of-the-week, but features a quietly intense performance by Robert Patrick as a hunter/tracker sniffing out the trail of his sister's killer. Lauren Holly is fine as the lead detective who first doubts, and then relies heavily, on the abilities of this stranger to solve the case. The script is somewhat weak and Patrick's character figures things out a little too easily to keep us guessing. The audience sees the thinly veiled climax coming a mile away and you'll spend the last 1/3 of the film waiting for the characters to figure out what you already know. Overall, Pavement is an ok diversion but certainly nowhere near the best film of the genre'. The Job is labeled an action/adventure, but contains neither. Daryl Hannah is CJ, a hit woman who wants out of the profession, but must first follow the bloody trail left by 20 kilos of blow - killing whoever is in possession of it and returning it to her boss. The drugs ultimately end up with a teenage couple (Dominique Swain & Brad Renfro) who see it as their ticket to a better way of life - if they can just get someone to take it off their hands. CJ catches up to the pair and is prepared to knock them off until she realizes the girl is pregnant. You see, CJ has just discovered that SHE is pregnant and becomes twisted up in the moral implication of killing a pregnant woman. The irony is, while we're supposed to believe that CJ finds killing another's child morally objectionable, she has no problem deciding to take the life of her own - a decision that she may or may not follow through with. There is a sub-plot involving CJ's involvement with an ex-priest who seems hell bent on saving her from herself, but I had a hard time believing that a guy like Rick would fall so hard for a woman whose soul has seen so much damage. The performances are mediocre all the way around and, at times, the movie feels like a really bad Lifetime movie. The Job comes to a frenetic, and wholly unbelievable, climax and leaves several loose ends dangling - suggesting (and I truly hope I'm wrong) that a sequel may be in the works. Everyone involved with THIS Job should have been fired!