Pawn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pawn Reviews

August 14, 2015
Not what I'd hoped from the title. bit like that big tease of a programme pawn stars
August 8, 2015
A robbery at a diner goes wrong and soon turns into a hostage situation. Added problem is diner has links to Mafia.
August 7, 2015
8/7/15 Cinema Now
One of the best movies I never heard of. A really good cast with Chiklis, Whitaker and Liotta leading the way. A good story, tense on the edge of your seat suspense and lots of plot twists. The ending was a little bit of a let down but overall a really good movie and glad I did finally find out about it.
August 5, 2015
Began watching with low expectations but these were allaid within the first fifteen minutes I was very entertained with what appeared to me to be a Tarantino/Guy Richie mash up. If you have any doubts about watching this movie don't you'll love it.
½ July 25, 2015
The slightly convoluted storyline matters less given the tense situation of hold-up is directed well and has an edge to it.
October 25, 2014
????? Did buy this movie because Liotta and Whitaker were in it , but they didn't have both not that great parts to play ...Bit complicated one , don't like the flashbacks , what was on that Fone or Disk , and were there to actors with the same hair as Aaron ...sometimes not that long , then longer ...or did i see stupid ? Not gonna remember this one i gues ! SOMDVD
½ July 13, 2014
I tend to like cop dramas that the whole movie centers on a hostage situation but this one not so much. First of all, all the unnecessary language and secondly, I felt like it didn't wrap up by taking down the guy that took Davenports wife. I was very frustrated with this film.
½ May 4, 2014
A little hard to follow but not bad.
April 29, 2014
A decently enthralling little hostage film. It packs some good performances and, if nothing else, keeps you confused.
½ April 23, 2014
Geen bioscoopfilm, maar wel een goede thriller/actie film die je de hele tijd weet te boeien. Veel plotwendingen en telkens je denkt mee te zijn zet deze film je alweer op een ander spoor. Luie avond thuis? zeker bekijken waard dan!
April 22, 2014
A Diner Gets Robbed, and a Number of Interesting Layers Unfold--It's a Pawn that's played well and serves it's purpose to entertain!!
March 8, 2014
Pawn, a little-known robbery-government flick, is deceiving. Its starts out with showing the robbery take place and Michael Chiklis giving demands in his British accent (which sounded pretty authentic) to the police. Then, the movie shows a flashback to the backstory of why he was doing this, to steal *something that I wont give away*, as well as money. Then the movie shifts and becomes a personal vendetta for Sean Faris to recover his pregnant wife from the mysterious captor, Ray Liotta, and get the hell out of the diner without dying. Throughout the movie, we never even quite know who he is, and it seems a bit random. His credit in the movie is "Man in the Suit", for Christ sakes. Either way, this is a disorganized movie that tried to be complex and thrilling, but ended up only achieving about half of that and leaves many unanswered questions still open.
January 26, 2014
it was weird to hear chiklis have an accent
½ January 5, 2014
1/3/2014: A pretty good cast and the storyline was ok, but it wasn't put together very well.
December 28, 2013
The storyline was confusing, the acting was very good with an all star cast. Without the cast I would have given it two stars. This movie was similar to Dog Day Afternoon and Vantage Point. It was fun to watch but had a hard time keeping up.
MANUGINO
December 9, 2013
Every move is a game changer.

Good movie! This movie is evidence that you don't need a large budget or a ton of action to keep an audience interested. I thought this movie was captivating from beginning to end. It isn't a perfect movie - there is a little bit too much coincidence in the story that prevents the audience from completely swallowing the story smoothly, and the end seems a little unfinished in some details. But other than that, the movie is very well done. Overall, I enjoyed this film. I went in knowing very little and came out very impressed. I was entertained from start to finish which is all you can really ask for. Pawn will not win any awards, but if a good entertaining thriller is your thing then you will not be disappointed.

An all-night diner. A cop walks in on a robbery in progress. But what happens next - and what happened just before - will change everything you think you know. The building is now surrounded. There are restless fingers on every trigger. And one very intense hostage situation is about to take some extremely shocking twists.
½ November 26, 2013
Bastante entretenida y tiene un super cast!
November 23, 2013
Helt okej action, dock lite rörig.
½ October 8, 2013
Plot is a little disjointed. Lacks the ability to keep a captive audience. Wait for this one to come out free on cable!
September 23, 2013
Michael Chiklis plays a shorter/wider Jason Statham, who with his crew hold up a diner with a nonchalant unisex bathroom.