Pay 2 Play: Democracy's High Stakes Reviews

• Apr 16, 2016

Documentary is quite good. We used a shorter version to show to people. Getting money out of politics is the #1 problem we have in America since almost all our legislation is passed because of bribery from corporations and special interests. Background checks are a prime example of that.

• Mar 31, 2016

I hosted Pay 2 Play with Tugg.com and had a near sell out crowd in support of www.DemocacySpring.org and www.MAYDAY.US. Pay 2 Play was my inspiration when I first saw the film, which is insightful, and provides the right amount of comic relief in light of the fight we are up against. I encourage all to see or host this movie to help promote this worthiest of causes, One Person, One Vote!

• Nov 18, 2014

Following the electoral process through various outlets, John Ennis' "Pay 2 Play" is a captivating film about the influence and dangers of money in politics. Well researched and thoroughly explored, Ennis provides diverse perspectives from several academic lenses and case studies. Ennis takes the viewer on a journey to discover the truth behind the current American system of election campaigning, and the consequences that entails for us "Washington outsiders." Exploring Citizens United, Corporate Personhood, Hobby Lobby, ALEC (American Legislative Exchange Council), the Koch Bothers, and more, Ennis gives a detailed background to influential cases and actors that have made this disaster possible. By interviewing professors, lawyers, constitutional scholars, and the like, Ennis provides a nuanced analysis of how this problem is affecting us, what it means for our political system, and what we can do.

• Nov 18, 2014

Phenomenal film. Inspiring, empowering, encouraging. Ennis addresses everything wrong with our current system of politics by providing an overview for how money has been able to infiltrate politics (Citizens United & ALEC) and how it affects us, the people. He interviews academics, lobbyists, lawyers, and others to give a comprehensive understanding of the various facets of what the problem is, and how it affects us. Ennis follows two congressional candidates who both run on platforms that focus on raising money from people, not corporations. Both candidates lose to their opponent- an incumbent swimming in corporate funding. The film does an excellent job at not only riling the audience up, but also giving them hope for what they can do. Whether it is protesting, creating art on the street, or making films about money in politics, Ennis motivates people to believe that we all can make a difference- every single one of us.

• Oct 30, 2014

The most interesting piece of Pay 2 Play is its use of Monopoly, the cherished childhood game, as a metaphor for the dysfunction and corruption of Washington. In Monopoly, the winner is the last man standing, money in hand, after he's bankrupted all of his opponents - sounds awfully familiar, doesn't it? Monopoly was the perfect foil for our political roller coaster, down to the inclusion of "board flippers." Remember as a kid when Monopoly made you so mad you just... flipped the board? After watching Pay 2 Play, I wanted to do the same thing with Washington - turn it all upside down and start from scratch.

• Oct 05, 2014

A MUST vs. a "should" see film for it takes a complicated topic and connects all of the dots of what is wrong so that anyone can easily comprehend the corruption and subversion of our democracy by money and bought-and-paid-for elected employees. Mr. Ennis as well as his stellar film team, Holly Mosher [executive producer] also provides six [6] ways each one of us can implement to ensure a government of the people, by the people and for the people.

• Sep 25, 2014

This was awful. Clearly it was a film made by FAR LEFT liberals who hate capitalism. Thought the movie, we are sold half truths and sometimes, flat out lies, as fact. We are told "investigations" uncovered corruption...when, in fact, we are never told the rest of the story. Much of which would COMPLETELY exonerate the so called "greedy" companies and executives. The film NEVER gets into the real problem that's bankrupting our nation. Power hungry politicians have destroyed the free market and capitalism in America. Crippling government regulations and this Marxist mentality in Washington will be Americans downfall if we don't start admitting it and turning it around. I appreciated the exposure of crony capitalism. Along with the power grab from Washington, crony capitalism MUST stop. I found it funny however, that while most of the corruption is done by left wing politicians giving breaks or kick backs to liberal companies like Google and GE, NONE of that is shown in the film. Bottom line, I'd love to see a film done exposing the REAL problem with our economy....an out of control, power hungry government seeking to take control and/or regulate of as much PRIVATE industry as possible. That is something a communist or socialist nation does...NOT a free nation.

• Sep 25, 2014

every red blooded American must see this film!

every red blooded American must see this film!

• Sep 19, 2014

A fabulous look at the inside world of politics and the impact when only those with enough money get to "pay to play." Interviews with people who know the political arena such as Lawrence Lessig, Marianne Williamson, Thom Hartmann, Robert Reich, Noam Chomsky show us the impact when the average American no longer has lost their voice without realizing it. This movie leaves you educated and inspired. Highly recommended.

• Sep 17, 2014

Loved it! A must see. Bring your friends & family.

Loved it! A must see. Bring your friends & family.