PCU - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

PCU Reviews

½ August 13, 2016
Animal House style ripoff has a visiting student to be exploring the different subcultures of a college campus. There are some funny moments here and the movie does have a message, it's too bad its hidden behind all the juvenile comedy and stock characters.
June 13, 2016
hilarious & still very quotable moments from this movie. one of my all time favorites
May 3, 2016
Animal House style comedy. It has some funny moments.
April 5, 2016
A consistently funny good time of a movie, even if it's messy and sometimes buckles under its own story.
½ March 10, 2016
Animal House wannabe. Very boring.
½ March 3, 2016
The movie itself may not age well, but the humor sure does. Definitely the animal house of the 1990s
February 14, 2016
The 90s version of animal house. Piven will have you laughing.
½ April 19, 2015
There are only a few good frat movies and this is not one of them.
February 22, 2015
2/20/2015: A classic 90's movie. Not an award winner, but pretty damn funny college humor.
February 5, 2015
is and always will be one of the funniest, most awesome cult movies I've ever seen. Jeremy Piven is something else in this. very animated.
½ January 31, 2015
Underrated film that is goofy and illogical but loads of fun.

Grade = 6.5/10
January 19, 2015
One of the greatest college comedy romps of all time. It isn't perfect it's flawed. The movie however is excellent in its use of puns and mocking ridiculous campus protests.
December 22, 2014
Billed as "the rowdiest" college comedy since Animal House. Plot centers around an "underground" fraternity of party animals called The Pit who are facing eviction by the school if they don't raise enough money with a keg party to pay a fine. The party turns out to be a success (even George Clinton shows up!) but this one just tries a bit too hard at times.
½ October 4, 2014
Steve Vai composed and played all the soundtrack for this silly movie. That's about the only thing it has going for it.
June 10, 2014
A lot of people call this movie a third rate Animal House. I can't really argue with that assesment, but at the same time...I really, really love PCU. I watch it whenever it is on Comedy Central. I love the cast of the movie, I love the making fun of sacred cows like the PC movement of the mid 90's, I love that this movie gleefully embraces every cliche of the college comedy. I am a film student with film studenty tastes most of the time, but I really love this movie, and can't quite explain why.
May 11, 2014
It's basially trivializing and ridiculing the civil rights movement.
½ February 18, 2014
Should be mandatory viewing for anyone who's gone to college in the last 20 years.
January 27, 2014
For a college teen movie, it's better than most
December 28, 2013
Another college movie that's watchable but unoriginal and forgettable. (First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
½ July 21, 2013
A college movie that didn't catch on initially, but now has a well-deserved cult status. Jeremy Piven gives one of his best comedic performances in this.