Lucy Must Be Traded, Charlie Brown - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lucy Must Be Traded, Charlie Brown Reviews

December 7, 2012
Looks interesting will try to find and watch!
July 24, 2011
Sounds like a classic.
½ July 16, 2010
After Charles Schulz passed away it didn't seem like Peanuts would survive the 21st century. Hell it had been awhile since Chuck & the gang had a good outing. Surprisingly Lucy Must Be Traded is pretty good even though the voice work throws me off a bit. I love the holiday specials from the 60s & 70s & this sorta pales in comparison but it does have a couple of things going for it. They play it smart & this sorta plays like the comix strip. The gags are set up like they're only a few panels long. You get the familiar set ups of Charlie Brown's baseball comix w/ a few more jokes. Lucy is actually very funny in this because she is such a hapless baseball player like when Charlie Brown tells her to go home, have some lemonade, leave the door open & he'll have the batter hit the ball right to her. The sarcasm is sorta lost on her. You always put your worst player in right field. Charlie Brown trades Lucy away to Peppermint Patty's team & get Marcy in return. All of a sudden Lucy didn't look so bad. Peanuts fans should like this because it more traditional. Thank God it wasn't another It's Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown.
February 17, 2010
as Charlie Brown would say, "arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
½ February 11, 2010
I have always loved charlie brown an I hope that my kids will also
November 26, 2009
Charlie Brown! =) I love this classic cartoon and I love the music.
shesdownbytheriver
March 28, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested
November 2, 2008
Charlie Brown is amazing
October 14, 2008
Lucy caught a baseball with a pizza. Now that's funny! 'Hey Garbage Head, strike this guy out!'
July 29, 2008
This short film was dissapointing and in no way lived up to the classic Peanuts specials and the strip and the voices of most of the characters were quite annoying unlike the voices used in the older Peanuts movies. The film did have a few funny one liners in it but overall nothing special.
½ March 31, 2008
Hey, the music here is pretty good, and the story's not bad. Nothing special, but not as bad as I thought a more modern attempt at a Charlie Brown would be.
February 15, 2008
Get the DVD with Charlie Brown's All-Stars on it, too.
December 22, 2007
Always a Charlie Brown fan.
December 20, 2007
Or this one............
December 3, 2007
Haven't Seen it butt looks cool
September 12, 2007
Okay, so I haven't actually seen this but I do have a story. I was in the video store with my friend and caught this case in the corner of my eye. I was tired, so I thought "traded" said "retarded". Now, Lucy Must Be Retarded, Charlie Brown" in my mind coupled with the picture of Lucy looking retarded was the funniest thing my brain had ever encountered, and here I am 2 years later, still laughing about it! Oh, and I'm a massive Charlie Brown creep,so I definitely want to see it!
August 20, 2007
never been a fan of peanuts stuff
August 17, 2007
Looks interesting will try to find and watch!
½ August 4, 2007
I think i have seen this...
July 25, 2007
i'll get micheal jackson 2 rape u.... im not goin 2 ask him face 2 face, i'll call him from mexico (dnt wnt him 2 find out where i live)