Penelope - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Penelope Reviews

November 29, 2014
Good movie, great message. This is a wonderful movie for young girls to watch. I watched it because I'm a kid trapped in an adult body.
October 5, 2014
yeah it's chick flick so what!
October 1, 2014
It's a good movie with a great story behind it. Good morals and a good cast that brings out the story well. My daughter loves it and so do I.
½ September 5, 2014
Teaches the audience how love isn't with looks, but personality in the most cutest way ever.
August 29, 2014
Don't care, I love every inch of this movie.
August 7, 2014
A typical cute and sweet chick flick. Good for date night.
August 4, 2014
Such a sweet story! Absolutely recommend for any one growing up and living with an imprefection (which is everyone!)!! Great as a guide to dealing with life and loving yourself. Do enjoy a lot!!
July 4, 2014
It seems a bit ridiculous that a pig nose could cause people to cringe in horror and jump out of windows (especially considering the amount of ugly people in this world), but this decent little fable-like comedy has a sweet moral message and makes the best of a simple idea.
July 1, 2014
Really liked it. Simple and whimsical storyline. Clean and good message.
½ June 8, 2014
It's silly, but endearing and adorable if you can wince through some fumble-y parts in it's script.
May 31, 2014
Such a cute, funny, romantic, adorable family friendly movie :)
May 20, 2014
that's awesome movie... Girl have curse.... she trying breaks curse... she looking for her words....she need find herself. like words. need understand it.
½ April 28, 2014
love this movie and its positive message that is a must for all people
April 22, 2014
I just loved the movie.. Great perfomance by most of the actors especially James Macavoy who was just awesome. I liked the screenplay too.
April 21, 2014
What I got to say about this movie "Penelope" is that is is a horrendous of a movie!! "My word, is it a bad movie!" The performances in this are so pathetic. The directing by Mark Palansky is awful. The screenplay by Leslie Caveny is so discouraging! The score in this movie was fine. But my the problem that I have to dislike is the make-up. It's kills the aesthetic of the main character in this movie. "I'm raving that "Penelope" is not a good movie!"
April 20, 2014
This movie is ridiculously cute! The style is reminiscent of Amélie, but a little softer and more fairy tale like.

And SPOILER (somewhat), there is quite the kiss in this film!
½ April 5, 2014
A fairytale, a romantic comedy about a cursed girl finding a way to live her life and, aside, a young man with no purpose in life. I thought i would be boring but its actually pretty entertained.
March 14, 2014
Not gonna win any awards but it was a very sweet and enjoyable movie.

James McAvoy once again proved he can be good in anything, and succeeded in making me love him even more.
½ March 5, 2014
underrated movie with a good message.
January 27, 2014
Of course it started off goofy, but when it ended I had a big smile on my face. It is nice to see a fairytale that explores the power within.