Penelope - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Penelope Reviews

August 29, 2014
Don't care, I love every inch of this movie.
August 7, 2014
A typical cute and sweet chick flick. Good for date night.
August 4, 2014
Such a sweet story! Absolutely recommend for any one growing up and living with an imprefection (which is everyone!)!! Great as a guide to dealing with life and loving yourself. Do enjoy a lot!!
July 4, 2014
It seems a bit ridiculous that a pig nose could cause people to cringe in horror and jump out of windows (especially considering the amount of ugly people in this world), but this decent little fable-like comedy has a sweet moral message and makes the best of a simple idea.
July 1, 2014
Really liked it. Simple and whimsical storyline. Clean and good message.
½ June 8, 2014
It's silly, but endearing and adorable if you can wince through some fumble-y parts in it's script.
May 31, 2014
Such a cute, funny, romantic, adorable family friendly movie :)
May 20, 2014
that's awesome movie... Girl have curse.... she trying breaks curse... she looking for her words....she need find herself. like words. need understand it.
½ April 28, 2014
love this movie and its positive message that is a must for all people
April 22, 2014
I just loved the movie.. Great perfomance by most of the actors especially James Macavoy who was just awesome. I liked the screenplay too.
April 21, 2014
What I got to say about this movie "Penelope" is that is is a horrendous of a movie!! "My word, is it a bad movie!" The performances in this are so pathetic. The directing by Mark Palansky is awful. The screenplay by Leslie Caveny is so discouraging! The score in this movie was fine. But my the problem that I have to dislike is the make-up. It's kills the aesthetic of the main character in this movie. "I'm raving that "Penelope" is not a good movie!"
April 20, 2014
This movie is ridiculously cute! The style is reminiscent of Amélie, but a little softer and more fairy tale like.

And SPOILER (somewhat), there is quite the kiss in this film!
½ April 5, 2014
A fairytale, a romantic comedy about a cursed girl finding a way to live her life and, aside, a young man with no purpose in life. I thought i would be boring but its actually pretty entertained.
March 14, 2014
Not gonna win any awards but it was a very sweet and enjoyable movie.

James McAvoy once again proved he can be good in anything, and succeeded in making me love him even more.
½ March 5, 2014
underrated movie with a good message.
January 27, 2014
Of course it started off goofy, but when it ended I had a big smile on my face. It is nice to see a fairytale that explores the power within.
January 15, 2014
Penelope is a story of a girl with a pig nose. its not even that ugly but she gets riduculed for it. This film just reminded me how horrible humans are when someone doesn't fit the criteria for the norm. anyway she stood up to the bullies and made some friends and only when she truly loved herself was the spell then broken. Loads of famous faces in this. it was enjoyable but not amazing
January 4, 2014
wow ummmn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch.......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie......i think that christina ricci, james mcavoy, catherine o hara, peter dinklage, richard e grant, reese witherspoon, lenny henry, nigel havers, nick frost, richard leaf, play good roles/parts throughout this movie......i think that the director of this drama/romance/sci-fi/fantasy/comedy movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.......i think that christina ricci was good throughout this movie as the lead penelope......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie......i think that this is a good romantic movie for 2006........its got a good cast throughout this movie......i think that the special effects throughout this movie were really good throughout this movie.....i think that this is such a good romantic comedy movie 2 watch its got a good cast thorughout this movie........i think that nick frost was great throughout this movie.......i think that this is an enjoyable romantic/comedy movie 2 watch.......its got a good cast throughout this movie.......i think that ronii ancona was great throughout this movie......i think that the special effects throughout this movie were really good throughout this movie.......i think that peter dinklage was brilliant throughout this movie as the photographer throughout this movie.....i think that richard e grant was brilliant thorughout this movie as the dad of penelope throughout this movie........i think that this is a good comedy movie 2 watch,.....its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie.......i think that this is a good movie for 2006 its got a good cast throughout this movie.....i think that this is such an enjoyable romantic movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie its such an enjoyable romantic movie 2 watch with a good cast throughout this movie......its got good special effects throughout this movie....i think that this is an enjoyable movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie.....its such a really enjoyable romantic movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie its such an enjoyable romantic comedy movie 2 watch with a good cast throughout this movie
January 4, 2014
Despite it's uneven narrative and it's rather bittersweet story, Penelope has an effecting all-star cast of British and American A-listers and the script isn't total rubbish, plus the wonderful morale of the story makes a great message for young girls.
½ December 30, 2013
A truly terrible 'rom-com'. Unfunny, poorly plotted, with some worrying subtext with the parents attitude towards her daughter. Honestly loathsome, however saved somewhat by the ever wonderful Peter Dinklage. Dinklage gives an outstanding performance, adding layers to an otherwise shallow role. A hateful piece of trash, with a sacred gem hidden within.