People I Know - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

People I Know Reviews

June 15, 2015
Needed to trim down some of the plot line fat that weighed down this flick.
½ May 21, 2015
She look like a vacuum cleaner?

Eli Wurman cleans up messes for the stars. Sometimes it can be done with money, smooth talk, or muscle, but other times it is a bit more taxing. He is addicted to sleeping bills that helps his conscious sleep at night. When one of his brightest stars asks him to clean up a mess with an opium smoking hooker, his night turns out awful when she ends up dead. Eli begins a little investigation to determine what happened to the girl.

"That don't feel so great."

Daniel Algrant, director of Naked in New York, Greetings from Tim Buckley, and episodes from the television series Sex in the City, delivers People I Know. The storyline for this picture is interesting and contains fascinating characters. The plot is fairly well written and the cast delivers solid performances and includes Al Pacino, Kim Basinger, Ryan O'Neal, Tea Leoni, Bill Nunn, and Robert Klien.

"Where is my fucking toy?"

I found this Pacino picture on Netflix and added it to the queue. This isn't a classic or particularly great thriller, but it is worth a view and fun to watch unfold. This is worth watching once if there isn't anything on but I wouldn't go too out of my way to see it.

"I don't think I can slip away from this rat fuck, honey."

Grade: C
½ November 17, 2013
Al Pacino is a former publicist who ends up getting embroiled in some bad things with a client of his. Could have been an interesting movie, but I just couldn't care about anything that was happening throughout the film. Pretty much sums up late Pacino movies well.
½ August 17, 2013
Misses more than it hits, but I was inexplicably intrigued.
May 8, 2013
Possibly would have been better if Pacino had not been forced to used his ridiculous southern accent. People I Know is not even close to one of Pacino's best and the plot as absurd as it is makes a simple concept into a muddled attempt at a thriller. I wouldn't recommend this film to people I know.
February 4, 2013
I think Pacino really nailed his character so much so, that the other ones around him seem unimportant.
January 17, 2013
Watchable but dramatically scattered.
December 7, 2012
Looks interesting will try to find and watch!
October 19, 2012
A trainwreck of a film!
September 17, 2012
acho que sou a Ășnica pessoa no mundo que gosta desse filme
½ July 11, 2012
One of Al Pacino's most overlooked performances as a press agent on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
½ May 13, 2012
Good, but nothing special. Pacino did some okay acting, nice to see him play the old helpless role.
September 19, 2011
Hmmm. I'm giving this a 3 but only just. I found it interesting enough to persevere with and although it isn't exactly earth shattering it is decent. This is mainly courtesy of a solid Pacino performance who I think must be in every scene, talk about carrying a film. Although he isn't spectacular this is a timely reminder that he can still pull off a low-key performance. The main problem with People I Know isn't really anything negative in particular, it's just that there isn't really anything outstanding here.
½ April 15, 2011
descent film, slightly depressive story, but with a very good Pacino
½ December 14, 2010
A couple of interesting points, but which are hidden by a bizarre exercise, most of the time without sense.
September 4, 2010
it is a boring movie with poor story
July 25, 2010
Umorni i repetitivni Pacino u ulozi gej novinskog agenta koji pokusava da zvezdanu ekipu provede kroz lavirint smusenog scenarija, koji na kraju nigde ne odvede gledaoca sem u jedan sladak san uz ekran kompjutera...
½ July 19, 2010
**1/2 (out of four)

A decent performance from Al Pacino almost saves this uninvolving little film that could have used a little more bite to it.

Pacino plays a man who has been working as an publicist in the entertainment world for decades. He once was on top, but now he is simply cleaning up the messes of his clients, like an Oscar winning actor, played by Ryan O'Neal, who keeps screwing up. He has a chance to get ouit of the business, but first he has to pull off a big fund raiser.

People who work in the entertainment world might find this more fascinating than the rest of us.
½ June 22, 2010
The suburb portrayal of the cleverly written character Ellie by Pacino just about burdens the weight of the poor development of an otherwise interesting enough storyline...
April 21, 2010
Niente di particolare, ma interessante.