People Like Us - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

People Like Us Reviews

December 18, 2014
A feel-good film with a unique screenplay that consists a good cast. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
½ November 5, 2014
Movie ended on a highest note possible, its worth waiting for the end.
½ November 2, 2014
Good movie with actual real life stories...
However, it was a bit slow and dragging at times.
October 9, 2014
Drivel. It had the potential to be a better film, but it became too drawn out, too spoon-fed, too "Hollywood."
September 15, 2014
A good movie with an interesting storyline. Armageddon
½ September 12, 2014
veldig fin, veldig koselig, veldig jente, veldig drama.
½ August 21, 2014
I was blown away. its really good movie!
August 12, 2014
can't wait to see this movie :-)
August 3, 2014
A movie based on a true story about an estranged family that comes together after their father passes away. Although he doesn't appear in the movie, his presence in their hearts is shown throughout the movie. The plot is thin, the characters are a hit with a great cast. The movie is a bit too long but good to watch once.
½ July 27, 2014
The end makes me cry. :)
July 25, 2014
"She's at Cedar. It's a hospital, not the forest."
"Welcome to the shit factory."
½ July 17, 2014
A well-intentioned soap opera. But a soap opera nonetheless.
½ July 12, 2014
It was just A l r i g h t
July 2, 2014
Very good movie. Sad, funny, sweet, good-hearted, great performances from its cast.
June 22, 2014
Not the most original story but pretty well done. Definitely one that tugs at the old heart strings.
June 17, 2014
Meḷ̣̣̣̣ meḷ everywhere. At least it's got Chris Pine's fiiiiiiiine fine face on it.
June 16, 2014
The thing that impressed me about this one was how a-typical the story was. It was refreshing to watch a movie dealing with family first, and romance as a subplot, almost an afterthought. The problem though is that this is way too long and slowly paced. There were multiple things that could have been cut. However, what kept me watching was the acting. I think it's some of the best work I've seen Elizabeth Banks do. Michelle Pfeiffer was also a powerhouse as the widow. Throw in Chris Pine and Olivia Wilde throwing in strong performances as well (even with Wilde only being in a fraction of the movie) and it kept me watching all the way until the end. Which speaking of the ending, was so gratifying I actually teared up. So, even though it takes a bit to get through, I thought it was worth it.
June 14, 2014
1. If you like something because you think other people are gonna like it, it's a sure bet no one
will.
2. Most doors in the world are closed, so if you find one you want to get into: you damn well better
have an interesting knock.
3. Everything you think is important, isn't. And everything you think is unimportant, is.
4. Don't shit where you eat.
5. Lean into it: the outcome doesn't matter. What matters is that you're there for it.
6. Never sleep with someone who has more problems than you do.

It's always a treat for me to watch Michelle Pfeiffer sine she's one of my favorite actresses of all time. This definitely was a different Chris Pine film from what I'm used to seeing him in. I love Elizabeth Banks (as Effie in the Hunger Games), and she's delivered a pretty cool performance in this one; although, it does get a bit weird in the end when she tried to hook up with Pine's character...*cringe* but other than that, they played well off of each other-- they had good on-screen chemistry. But the real highlight of the film was the great. The kid, Josh (played by Michael Hall D'Addario), he reminds me of a smaller version of actor Paul Dano and was equally as talented. Overall, this was a good film interesting plot, well acted and good resolution. Definitely a good choice to watch this film at least once.
June 13, 2014
Sam is a twenty-something, fast-talking salesman. His latest deal collapses on the day he learns that his father has suddenly died. Against his wishes, Sam is called home, where he must put his father's estate in order and reconnect with his estranged family. In the course of fulfilling his father's last wishes, Sam uncovers a startling secret that turns his entire world upside down: He has a 30-year-old sister Frankie whom he never knew about. As their relationship develops, Sam is forced to rethink everything he thought he knew about this family-and re-examine his own life choices in the process.

Great story with an excellent cast.
June 12, 2014