People Like Us - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

People Like Us Reviews

January 15, 2015
I don't think that I'll remember that I saw this in two months.
½ December 31, 2014
This film was not that bad as I had expected by looking at the stupid critics reviews. I enjoyed everyone's performance. The main thing it lacked was a good story I mean I know it was heavily inspired by true events but the execution could have been way better. The kid was annoying as shit and I wanted to a fly kick to his face. But pine and banks are what worked really well together. Overall from pine to banks this is a very good film and would recommend if you wanna feel like "Awwww" at the end or show it to your girlfriend so you can sleep afterwards...
½ December 28, 2014
A smart screenplay, great acting from all around, and some warm cinematography all can be found in Alex Kurtzman's impressive debut.
December 18, 2014
A feel-good film with a unique screenplay that consists a good cast. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
½ November 5, 2014
Movie ended on a highest note possible, its worth waiting for the end.
½ November 2, 2014
Good movie with actual real life stories...
However, it was a bit slow and dragging at times.
October 9, 2014
Drivel. It had the potential to be a better film, but it became too drawn out, too spoon-fed, too "Hollywood."
September 15, 2014
A good movie with an interesting storyline. Armageddon
½ September 12, 2014
veldig fin, veldig koselig, veldig jente, veldig drama.
½ August 21, 2014
I was blown away. its really good movie!
August 12, 2014
can't wait to see this movie :-)
August 3, 2014
A movie based on a true story about an estranged family that comes together after their father passes away. Although he doesn't appear in the movie, his presence in their hearts is shown throughout the movie. The plot is thin, the characters are a hit with a great cast. The movie is a bit too long but good to watch once.
½ July 27, 2014
The end makes me cry. :)
July 25, 2014
"She's at Cedar. It's a hospital, not the forest."
"Welcome to the shit factory."
½ July 17, 2014
A well-intentioned soap opera. But a soap opera nonetheless.
½ July 12, 2014
It was just A l r i g h t
July 2, 2014
Very good movie. Sad, funny, sweet, good-hearted, great performances from its cast.
June 22, 2014
Not the most original story but pretty well done. Definitely one that tugs at the old heart strings.
June 17, 2014
Meḷ̣̣̣̣ meḷ everywhere. At least it's got Chris Pine's fiiiiiiiine fine face on it.
June 16, 2014
The thing that impressed me about this one was how a-typical the story was. It was refreshing to watch a movie dealing with family first, and romance as a subplot, almost an afterthought. The problem though is that this is way too long and slowly paced. There were multiple things that could have been cut. However, what kept me watching was the acting. I think it's some of the best work I've seen Elizabeth Banks do. Michelle Pfeiffer was also a powerhouse as the widow. Throw in Chris Pine and Olivia Wilde throwing in strong performances as well (even with Wilde only being in a fraction of the movie) and it kept me watching all the way until the end. Which speaking of the ending, was so gratifying I actually teared up. So, even though it takes a bit to get through, I thought it was worth it.