The People Under The Stairs Reviews

• 13h ago

This movie combines social commentary, horror and fun thrills. Most people may not like this movie because they're uncomfortable discussing race and gentrification. " Fool" is no fool in this film, he uses his brains to out smart villains and obstacles. This movie is a welcome change by Wes Craven. It won't blow your mind but it's a blast watching it from beginning to end. On a personal note: Growing up, there was not a lot of heroes on screen that looked like me. I had the opportunity to thank Wes in person and let him know what that meant to me.

• Dec 09, 2019

One of my favorites! I just watched with my children who are 12 and 8 and they loved it!!!

• Oct 21, 2019

A scary house of horror film with terrorfying nasty villians and dark humor.

A scary house of horror film with terrorfying nasty villians and dark humor.

• Apr 06, 2019

great story and film by wes craven, wacky, bizzare and even funny in some parts. watch if youre in the mood for an old horror movie night, it's a bit of a laugh but good story regardless. fun fact: the house was also used in the series "sons of anarchy"

• Mar 05, 2019

Well filmed and still terrifying, People Under The Stairs use a social issue to tell a well pace story that will influence future horror movies.

• Feb 13, 2019

There is a certain early 90’s charm that comes with People under the stairs. Wether it be the obvious sets or the bright red ketchup blood. The people under the stairs is a fun movie with a decent griping story for an audience who doesn’t want to be completely committed to learning an entire novel in the period of a movie. With that being said the movie has its downsides too, from the sometimes lackluster acting to the poor lighting at points, there is some things that could turn a person away from this movie. It’s a fun film not a masterpiece, but it’s worth a watch.

• Dec 03, 2018

It actually turned out much better than I expected. The story was a little different than most and was about two weird creeps who abducted , abused and kept kids in their home. And a poor ghetto boy who saves them. Interesting plot . I would watch it again.

• Nov 14, 2018

This movie is very entertaining and I've loved it since I was a kid. The entire part of Fool and Leroy together in the house is very suspenseful and the two landlords are a bit over the top, but it works well and they are perfect at playing villains you love to hate. Humor is balanced with the horror and the acting is pretty good from everyone. It might be just a tad too long, but not in a way that drags it down.

• Nov 01, 2018

Love love love this Wes Craven movie! Excellent 90's flick

Love love love this Wes Craven movie! Excellent 90's flick

• Jun 28, 2018

Imensly underrated gem. An elm street style haunted house urban fairy tale with home alone style traps and a pyrotechnic finale.