Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters Reviews

½ July 14, 2016
If you read the book and watch it thinking "it's not Percy Jackson but a completely different series", you might as well like it. Otherwise, your going to burn in anger.
June 24, 2016
It's good but the first movie was better.The plot is nice but the stupid jokes ruin it.But it's a awy to spend your afternoon
½ June 8, 2016
That was an amazing adventure movie! For my first experience with Percy, I was surprised by that world of demigods and weird creatures and everything. It is the main reason of my attraction to that movie. Just some fun and supernatural adventure!
Aventure surnaturelle
C'était un étonnant film d'aventure ! Pour ma première expérience avec Percy Jackson, j'ai été étonnée par ce monde de demi-Dieu, de créatures étranges etc. C'était la raison première de ma fascination pour ce film. Plus pleins de fun et d'aventure surnaturelle!
½ April 29, 2016
que decepcion porque la primera me gusto
April 25, 2016
it won't et me watch it dude why why why tell me y
½ April 7, 2016
The CGI looked bad and most the characters should be dead. Annabeth, Grover, Tyson (Nobody cares about him). Finally it was nothing like the book. But you can still find a couple fun things in this movie.
April 5, 2016
Let's hope this version is more accurate to the book. I understand the whole Hollywood thing, but the last movie was not even remotely close to Riordan's classic...We'll see.
April 3, 2016
Love it but it didn't go with the book.
March 25, 2016
Okish fantasy. Search for golden fleece in the Bermuda Triangle!
March 20, 2016
â?¤The series can't wait for the rest
March 16, 2016
horrible movie it ruined me going and seeing the next one
March 7, 2016
Wow better than first
½ March 7, 2016
Better than the original
½ February 20, 2016
Cool movie, love how this is put together
February 16, 2016
Great sequel! I really enjoyed it!
February 14, 2016
Not good disappointing
½ February 13, 2016
I have one question for the screen writers:Did you even read the book? This novie was so cheesy and terrible and was absolutely nothing like the book. None of the scenes in the movie were in the book. Even people who hadn't read the book would hate this movie. It was terribly written and poorly made.
February 13, 2016
Everything I've watched with "Percy Jackson" was pure shit made for immature children.
½ February 3, 2016
...I'd rather re-watch the Lightning Thief.
½ January 26, 2016
This one started off better than the first but quickly resorted to boring overused plot devices, one-liners, and lazy sequences. I'll quickly run through the flaws of this sequel - and don't ask me why I watched it, I was curious, OK! There's a destiny prophecy, a tree that is the barrier but isn't protected by it?, another very arrogant girl, the same nonthreatening villain, a climax that's easier and worse than other battles, a complete lacking of the titular "sea of monsters" in the film, and another wholesome ignorance of the crucial question: why are the gods and goddesses so promiscuous? This along with a host of conveniences. But there still are some visually entertaining fight sequences and some genuine moments of character development. Uma Thurman was actually kind of good, in a modern stripped down version of her character. Really this one doesn't live up to its potential as the first one didn't. The stakes may seem higher but they aren't and I doubt the ending will ever be fulfilled. Watch it if, I really don't know when you'd watch this. If you're curious, like I was, and to make a somewhat entertaining study of it.