Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wow better than first
½ March 7, 2016
Better than the original
½ February 20, 2016
Cool movie, love how this is put together
February 16, 2016
Great sequel! I really enjoyed it!
February 14, 2016
Not good disappointing
½ February 13, 2016
I have one question for the screen writers:Did you even read the book? This novie was so cheesy and terrible and was absolutely nothing like the book. None of the scenes in the movie were in the book. Even people who hadn't read the book would hate this movie. It was terribly written and poorly made.
February 13, 2016
Everything I've watched with "Percy Jackson" was pure shit made for immature children.
½ February 3, 2016
...I'd rather re-watch the Lightning Thief.
½ January 26, 2016
This one started off better than the first but quickly resorted to boring overused plot devices, one-liners, and lazy sequences. I'll quickly run through the flaws of this sequel - and don't ask me why I watched it, I was curious, OK! There's a destiny prophecy, a tree that is the barrier but isn't protected by it?, another very arrogant girl, the same nonthreatening villain, a climax that's easier and worse than other battles, a complete lacking of the titular "sea of monsters" in the film, and another wholesome ignorance of the crucial question: why are the gods and goddesses so promiscuous? This along with a host of conveniences. But there still are some visually entertaining fight sequences and some genuine moments of character development. Uma Thurman was actually kind of good, in a modern stripped down version of her character. Really this one doesn't live up to its potential as the first one didn't. The stakes may seem higher but they aren't and I doubt the ending will ever be fulfilled. Watch it if, I really don't know when you'd watch this. If you're curious, like I was, and to make a somewhat entertaining study of it.
½ January 25, 2016
very gripping and I started crying when perceys mum was taken by the minotar ?????????
½ December 24, 2015
I am 13 and I am a movie guy who watches movies and has a blu-Ray collection so as my cousin who is 16 and him and i hate this movie so pointless talking, acting, and poor graphics and I can say this is one of the worst movies ever made and I have seen fifty shades of grey, the gallows, and Lazurus Effect which I am also making a worst movies of 2015 and this movie isn't made in 2015 but it is one of the worst movie.
December 22, 2015
If you know nothing about mythic gods then its a good movie....if you do then too many issues with the story and how the gods are represented
½ December 18, 2015
The Part That I Found Incredibly Annoying Was All The Lead Characters Kept Miraculously Returning Back To Life, Revived In Some Mythical Manner..Are They Not Meant To Be Half-Bloods?? ...Thus, Half Human & Fallible? Aside From That, It Was A Reasonably Entertaining Fantasy. Kids Will Love It Etc; ..Usual Thing. Full Of All Those CGi Beasts & Percy Saves The Day.
December 2, 2015
I don't even know where to start. If you read my review of the first film, you know that I thought it was just okay. This film on the other hand is a slap in the face to devoted fans of the series. The acting is okay, the characters are boring, the dialogue is awkward, and the effects are crappy. I couldn't believe how terribly adapted the book was. This isn't a cinematic abomination or anything, but the people behind this film clearly didn't learn from their previous mistakes. It's good that Alexandra Daddario dyed her hair blonde to resemble Annabeth, but really she just could've kept it brown. If you wanted to match the character, why wait until the second film? Clarisse was added, even though she's mainly just for comedic purposes, and Mr. D was funny. But there's one problem: they were supposed to be in the first film! Tyson is pretty bland, and Grover is a doofus. Percy is even less interesting than he was in the first film, and Luke is a doofus, too. They also brought the Mist into the series finally, but what they do with it is so stupid. There's a scene in which Annabeth sprays, yes, SPRAYS some Mist on Tyson to make him look more human, and that's not even the worst part. Later on there's this mythical being with several hands working at a coffee shop, and when people look at him, he appears human. That's how the Mist is supposed to work. It's basically supposed to make humans see normal things to keep the mythical world a secret. So what was the point of spraying Tyson with the Mist like a freaking cosmetic product, when in another scene it works the way it's supposed to?! These are adults who made this film, guys. Adults! I've ranted long enough about this film. Due to my love for the books, I don't mind watching it sometimes and it's definitely better than The Last Airbender. But the first film is obviously better and these people clearly don't know how to adapt books into film. Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters is another missed opportunity.
½ November 28, 2015
It took a long time for this so so second installment.
November 16, 2015
I think this movie was as good as the first, I was just hoping for more monsters in the sea of monsters.
November 15, 2015
Still not as good as the book but a lot better done than the first one! Fun, family friendly, great action, intense story!
½ November 7, 2015
took the great books and pooped on it ruined the books in a awful adaptation the only movie that was worse from this one is batman and robin.
November 4, 2015
first one is better. This one is fun though
October 23, 2015
Worst than the first... Disappointing and very predictable screenplay but of course with a good cast and great graphics. Not original the part with the taxi remember us Harry Potter on the train (Harry Potter 3), when the ship comes to the top of the water remember us Harry Potter 4 like other parts of this film that finish being a little boring too.