Perfect High Reviews

• Sep 16, 2019

I appreciated the attempt to educate kids on the slippery slope abusing prescriptions can create. So often, every show is about sensationalizing bad behaviour. Kids need more shows like this so they can learn something from their hours of screen time. It is a made for TV movie and shouldn't be expected to be a blockbuster.

• Feb 21, 2017

I liked this movie for the most part, but I wish some of the acting would have been better.

• Feb 20, 2017

this is a tear jerking and real to life film would watch again

this is a tear jerking and real to life film would watch again

• Erin C Super Reviewer
    Mar 20, 2016

Something similar happened to my brother, so this hit close to home.

Something similar happened to my brother, so this hit close to home.

• Oct 02, 2015

A cautionary tale about the abuse of painkillers, Perfect High definitely exceeded my expectations. I truly anticipated this being the worst film I would ever watch, but it was actually pretty engaging and serves as a good warning to the target audience about the trappings of drugs, which is a good cause. The acting, writing, and direction, are all incredibly poor, however. There are also many better films that showcase the downfall of addiction (Trainspotting and Requiem for a Dream come to mind), but as the teen version of those films, this one does hit the same themes and serves its purpose. Taken as a warning against drug use, this one is not that bad. I would not recommend it, but if you are forced into watching it, you could do far worse.

• Jul 20, 2015

Well, the story had potential, but it was badly written. I don't know what is it with people developing contemporary teenage characters void of real emotion, real motivation and real depth. I find it absurd. Most of the themes surrounding each of the characters could have been explored better and I would excuse it if the scriptwriter was a 15 year old girl with no life experience what so ever, which isn't the case. The industry should demand more from its writers and not let things like this be produced until they are up to film standards. There were many dialogues that were unnecessary and many necessary dialogues that weren't written. Aesthetically, I feel like making it commercial was a mistake, even though it's pretty obvious that the film is trying to reach "a certain demographic" the producers somehow thought would be seduced by its commercialism, when in fact, it probably repels them from the importance of the message, because the truth that would have been extracted from dramatic film grammar, was reduced to the superficiality of commercialism. The movie called for a denser photography, smarter dialogues, better art direction, better editing, etc. The decoupage had nothing special and the director could have demanded more from the young cast until they delivered it. "Perfect High" had potential if they had chosen the right people to work on it, from the scriptwriter to the person who directed it.