The Perfect Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Perfect Man Reviews

½ August 11, 2016
The Perfect Man is okay and fairly predictable with generic cookie-cutter characters, ironically this film's main character is a baker.
May 28, 2015
Heather Locklear is a single mother who is constantly getting dumped and every time she does she has to move to a different location with her daughters because she's that heartbroken.......

That's so believable. Heather Locklear (I repeat: HEATHER LOCKLEAR) getting dumped by men? Packing up and moving EVERY TIME you get dumped? I can't handle the stupidity of The Perfect Man. Hilary Duff is a very pretty girl who needs to pick better movies.
½ April 22, 2015
Obviously any movie involves Hilary Duff is an awful movie
½ March 4, 2015
Really slow and boring
February 18, 2015
This is a movie that I have been meaning to watch for so long. Every now and then a girl needs a serious chick flick in all it's gushy glory. This was so fun and entertaining. I also think it has important lessons in not being desperate for love, not always running away from our problems and facing our fears even when we are afraid. In my humble opinion, I think it is worth seeing.
½ December 4, 2014
Really ridiculous film where a mother, constantly being dumped by men, moves with her daughters. I thought I would be in for another "The Goodbye Girl," but unfortunately it was not to be.This one seemed like a pity date for writers and directors.
September 28, 2014
I think critics are too busy trying their hardest to be cynical that they've become more a stereotype. This film was sweet and a good pick me up, and if you're looking for something that'll make you smile you've found it. I enjoyed every sugary minute.
½ August 17, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
½ August 9, 2014
Worst movie I've ever seen.
½ June 7, 2014
3 1/2 stars!

Nice cheesy rom-com!
May 9, 2014
Not too bad. A chill out tv movie for during the day. Hillary Duff fan.
½ November 28, 2013
i fell asleep like 8 times
½ November 17, 2013
The Perfect Man ended up on my mantle because it was in a 5 movie pack with some other films, 1 of which so far turned out to be good. I merely watched The Perfect Man to take a look at exactly what crap teenage girls used to watch.

The plotting makes no sense. Why Heather Locklear doesn't realise she's damned hot enough to find another man to instantly get over her ex without moving every five minutes is beyond me, and how Hilary Duff is able to instantly find a friend that is willing to whole heartedly help her out is ridiculous.
And the character Lenny seems like a nice guy, a humourous one whose more about having fun then being the product of an excessive romantic fantasy, and while he's flawed he seems best intentioned. Yet the standards of each character are too high and it's unbearable due to that, so it seems like a funnier concept if Jean never found the perfect man and it turned out she was actually not Holly's mother. I would laugh so hard if the film cut there with every character miserable because then thy would know how I felt for watching this crap.
The script, is below the standard of being poor. The moments the script tries to sound somewhat smart it's clear the actors have no clue what they're talking about, but it's somewhat more believable when Hilary Duff is talking about "A Peanut butter and Glue Sandwich" that she knows more of it. Yet it just gets worse as it goes on. It's even sexist, such as when she says that "Men never have reasons" for breaking up, which is some of the most egotistical ridiculous crap I've ever heard.
At times you can even see characters looking at the camera, breaking the fourth wall and the already damaged credibility of the filmmakers.
Really, the entire concept of the film makes no sense. It's illogical, laugh-free and utterly ridiculous. It's a concept for a film that barely fits into that of its intended audience, it's just so f*cking stupid and only benefits from Hilary Duff's famed presence while emphasising why her films are not worth seeing. The Perfect Man has nothing perfect about it, except that it's a perfect example of what NOT to do when creating a film. at least it was shot and edited decently, but still it's a wasteful experience.
October 24, 2013
One of My favorite movies
July 16, 2013
i want to see it it looks like a good movie
May 29, 2013
Simple story but the rush and the ending is great. I love happy Ending.
May 19, 2013
chick flick good for me
May 1, 2013
Yes very realistic, Heather Locklear can't find a man...right
April 27, 2013
I havent seen it but i reali want to see it!!!!
April 5, 2013
This is probably my least favorit Hilary Duff movie. I used to have an unhealthy relationship with her.