Perfect Match - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Perfect Match Reviews

March 31, 2012
I love 80's movies, and even I got bored watching this!
It has it's moments. I think I laughed once, and that was when Nancy was on the phone telling Tim how gorgeous she is, and vice versa. I liked the video store - pity they didn't run a little more with that angle.
The main problem I had was with the casting. When you watch a Rom com you can usually relate to the girl, or the guy is attractive. Both a fail here. Nancy is like a wet blanket. I didn't find her remotely convincing. Even at my most dateless, I can't relate to this woman or even see how any one would be interested. Tim is no catch either. I guess it's nice two people with no personality got together - that's the best I can say for it!
The story is just how they meet through a personals ad and then a series of lies and pretending to be something they are not before, of course, they discover their true (non) personalities and fall in love.
Fashions and hair is horrible. Can't even recommend it for the flashback. I lived through the 80's, and I can't remember huge stupid glasses like Nancy wears.