The Perfect Score - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Perfect Score Reviews

½ June 29, 2013
Stereotypical and formulaic, The Perfect Score is a teen comedy that tries for some social satire but fails. With their college dreams riding on their SAT scores, and group of high school seniors decide to break into a high-security building and steal the SAT master key. The story tries to have a positive message about being true to yourself, but it feels kind of forced and doesn't really work with the tone of the film. Featuring Erika Christensen, Chris Evans, and Scarlett Johansson, there's some solid casting, but most of the performances are weak. Still, the caper's kind of fun and there are some laughs to be had. Additionally, the soundtrack's pretty good and complements the scenes quite well. The Perfect Score has some problems, but it's entertaining and at least tries to be socially conscious about real world issues facing high school teenagers.
June 22, 2013
A good premise turned teen movie. Had potential, but got muddled in it not being funny.
May 29, 2013
Fun, simple, light-hearted and entertaining. Nothing special, just a good afternoon movie.
April 9, 2013
It's coolness..a bunch of different teens gettin together to ace the SAT' I love Pot-man XD.
½ March 26, 2013
If you have watched this or will watch this as a high school student, you will love it. All others will call it a bore. It just so happens that I watched "The Perfect Score" in my senior year of high school so I have a nostalgic love for it and still enjoy it today. As it is, however, I cannot go beyond 3.5 stars for this well-casted, fun, yet ridiculous story. (5-stars in my heart).
January 28, 2013
Entertaining, kind of boring..
January 24, 2013
the first time i felt for bryan greenberg
January 22, 2013
Sc... Scarlett Johansson?!
½ January 4, 2013
So unrealistic, but it was funny to see the attempt of stealing the answers.
½ November 20, 2012
What really works in "The Perfect Score" isn't so much the heist itself, but the casting and the lighthearted humour. The characters are memorable and fun to watch as they stumble into a heist and figure out that they each have a specific set of skills that allows them to become a critical piece in the plot to steal answers to the SATs. If you're a fan of heist films, you know that it's just as important to have a charismatic cast of characters as it is to have the iron-clad plan requiring clockwork-like precision to make the heist entertaining. In this case although the end is a letdown, it has enough funny twists that you'll be entertained. (Dvd, November 17, 2012)
November 15, 2012
"The Perfect Score" is actually pretty funny, although not very. I'd say see it and see what you think of it.
½ November 9, 2012
Wow, I have nothing negative to say about this movie whatsoever. Just enough action to never have a dull moment, enough wasted kids to keep it off the wall funny, enough female actors to not feel they are all gay and enough mystery/suspense to keep you wondering whats going to happen next! I recommend this highly!
November 9, 2012
So the only reason why I wanted to see this movie is back in 2003 I was sitting in a theater and saw a preview of this movie, I was sitting right next to a total smarty-pants who actually scored a perfect score on the SAT. As we watched the preview at the end he calmly stated, "It's not that hard." I wanted at that point to punch him in the face, but I didn't. Instead I directed my emotion to this movie, which for some reason made me want to see this movie.
Now, having said all that the movie does bring up some good talking points about how stupid standardized testing is, (which is something people who didn't do that well say) but The Perfect Score is really not a very good movie and most of all is not that funny.
October 24, 2012
far from a perfect film, but teens might find it amusing.
October 19, 2012
Perfect for teenagers
½ August 19, 2012
It honestly was an okay movie, but it's unoriginality and uninteresting dialogue really was a set back.
½ July 16, 2012
Not bad, but not too good either. Central plot is fairly silly. The movie is sustained by the energy of its stars and the humour in the dialogue. Decent performances all round.
½ July 1, 2012
Another harmless somewhat enjoyable flick from MTV films.