The Perfect Storm - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Perfect Storm Reviews

April 10, 2016
The who's who of 90s films all given Boston accents and told to fight cg waves.
January 31, 2016
Let's put a boat in the middle of three storms....
I know this is a tribute to the fisherman, but this is plain stupidity.
Positives: Waves scary as hell; Portugal mention
Negatives: I value money more than my life cliché; Way too many people to be rescued; Depressing.
January 26, 2016
One of the best movies of all time!
½ January 1, 2016
these guys are too good looking to work on a fishing boat
December 13, 2015
Movie afternoon with Iris.

Christmas decs up, dark Sunday afternoon; and this the perfect film. The melodrama is cranked up to 11, but it's a perfect popcorn flick. You will them to safety, and Iris didn't expect the ending.
December 8, 2015
The Perfect Storm is a fun, disaster movie, but its inevitable ending makes the film feel a bit uneven.
October 26, 2015
Long and agonizing story with anticlimactic end making one wonder why I even bothered to watch this boring film.
½ September 20, 2015
Its thrilling carnival-esque mentality seems at odds with its downer, true-to-life ending.
½ August 24, 2015
A film I enjoyed when it first came out, only to truly reveal itself over the last 15 years. The true story of the Andrea Gail really captivated and devastated us Massachusetts residents when it played out in real life. It wasn't until Hollywood sunk its teeth into the project that it all went wrong. The movie today feels like it was made for all the wrong reasons, which it was. The cheese factor is astronomical. And so is the heights of the bad dialogue/acting/accents. No one really knows what happened to/on the Andrea Gail. But this movie thinks it does and it's a slap in the face in numerous ways.
½ August 14, 2015
Decent adaptation from the novel. Sadly, both are uninteresting and sleep-inducing
½ June 4, 2015
I think you'll be glad once the storm is over, but sure enough, I've seen worse movies.
½ June 1, 2015
good actioner from 'air force one' director Wolfgang Peterson
May 27, 2015
Good movie. While the plot feels a bit jumbled, the sideline stories of the Coast Guard and the people trapped on the sailing yacht felt unnecessary. The visual effects were outstanding, though, and the performances were solid, especially Clooney, Wahlberg, and Lane.
May 23, 2015
i love to download kt
May 22, 2015
It all gets a little too loud/splashy/wet/LOUD near the end, but it's still a ton of fun. Feast your eyes! That image of the boat trying to override the wave is iconic.
½ April 20, 2015
La historia es muy espectacular
April 20, 2015
WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY over the top... but fun. I think it is safe to d\say it is hard job being a fisherman for a living . One thing'a for sure, it is without a doubt a Wolfgang Peterson film. A wild ride, but an enjoyable one.
April 17, 2015
I give five-stars!!!!! I really enjoyed this movie, and this type of sh!t happens in the world!!! :-\
½ April 11, 2015
Standard Hollywood setup. Pre-storm development rather typical of horror stories. Great acting and effects keeps the second half entertaining. The film diverge from reality at several places and the whole shabaz on the Andrea Gail is pure fiction since they all died and the boat never recovered. Better be fiction because a lot of it is rather breaking the laws of physics and bone rupture threshold. A very good horrific time nevertheless.
½ April 11, 2015