The Perfect Storm - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Perfect Storm Reviews

April 20, 2015
WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY over the top... but fun. I think it is safe to d\say it is hard job being a fisherman for a living . One thing'a for sure, it is without a doubt a Wolfgang Peterson film. A wild ride, but an enjoyable one.
April 17, 2015
I give five-stars!!!!! I really enjoyed this movie, and this type of sh!t happens in the world!!! :-\
½ April 11, 2015
Standard Hollywood setup. Pre-storm development rather typical of horror stories. Great acting and effects keeps the second half entertaining. The film diverge from reality at several places and the whole shabaz on the Andrea Gail is pure fiction since they all died and the boat never recovered. Better be fiction because a lot of it is rather breaking the laws of physics and bone rupture threshold. A very good horrific time nevertheless.
½ April 11, 2015
½ March 27, 2015
Decent movie nothing to great
March 22, 2015
i have this movie and watched it, could I get another
March 20, 2015
Intense. Really enjoyed this movie.
½ March 16, 2015
Lolllllllll so cheesy
March 14, 2015
I like the movie. However, I do think it should have focused more on the plight of the Andrea Gail instead of being more random and adding the misc boat plight and the Coast Guard plight. Yes, these things were going on at the time as well, but then, the coasts were also being hit by a hurricane. You simply can't focus on everything in a perfect storm. As a matter of personal choice, I like stories that focus on one clean story as opposed to being random (e.g. "New Years Eve" w/it's many stories. yuck).
March 14, 2015
Awesome movie I really enjoyed it.
February 24, 2015
Finally got around to seeing this film and it is without a doubt one of Wahlbergs best performances this is an absolute must see masterpiece!!!!!
February 24, 2015
I totally luv this movie, I luv watching movies on my tablet.
February 22, 2015
I enjoyed it. Ending was cliched so yeah.
½ February 19, 2015
It was a ok movie with a great cast and score.
February 14, 2015
Buen reparto, aunque la tormenta solo dura como 20 minutos de la pelĂ­cula jajaja
½ February 4, 2015
The book is brilliant.
February 3, 2015
84%
Saw this on 2/2/15
Wolfgang Petersen directs The Perfect Storm exquisitely and it effectively portrays the horrors of sea. The visual effects are extraordinary and the cinematography is fine. The film has got plenty of good acting from all the stars except Diane Lane who at towards unbearable extends. One good thing about this film is that it does not try to show the effects of the storm on just one ship on whom the main actors are aboard, but instead it shows the turmoils of a few other ships that are drowned in the storm and also the Coast Guard rescue team that tries to help these people. In doing so, some may feel that the film fails to provide enough characterization for it's key players. The dialogues are way too cheesy and that's disappointing.
½ January 21, 2015
While the subject matter is intriguing and the cast was convincing, there is something about the movie that just disconnects you from the emotion you should be feeling at the end of the movie, but overall a decent movie with great effects.
½ January 19, 2015
An intresting story needs watching again
January 16, 2015
This was a really great movie based on real people and events that was cast and directed very well, probably watched it at least 10 times and is download on my phone so I can watch it another 10 times or so lol