A Perfect World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Perfect World Reviews

November 3, 2016
The surprise of this film is in its decision to view a desperado as a very relatable figure who's motivations are generally noble, ultimately twisted by a society too busy to sweat the small stuff. One of the best by Eastwood and Costner.
½ October 27, 2016
Well yes but it's all a bit predictable or obvious or clichà (C)d or something or nothing.
½ August 28, 2016
I remember I have seen this movie many times on HBO when I was little. Kevin Costner is good.
July 10, 2016
Movie tackles deep themes, but plot doesn't hold up.
½ May 13, 2016
Have watched this movie at least 3 times, and I would watch it again!
April 8, 2016
I really enjoyed this movie up until the end, but that's simply because you can't help but want somehow someway for things to work out, even knowing that they can't. Really enjoyed Kevin Costner's character in this movie. For those that aren't Kevin Costner fans, watch this movie and I think even you will enjoy a Kevin Costner performance. It has some grit to it, which I always like. I like the relationship that develops between the boy and Costner, seeing Costner's character beginning to care for the boy is touching to watch unfold. I'd put this under the must see category.
March 21, 2016
Probably the best of Eastwood's post-Dirty Harry/Unforgiven era.
On rewatch this is a great movie, Costner plays his character believably and goes together well with Eastwood overall.
February 16, 2016
very good it is a must see movie
½ January 12, 2016
One of Kevin Costner's best performances, this is a fine and under-rated movie.
½ December 9, 2015
A discombobulated mess of cliche, tired comedy, gritty thriller, and actual quality moments between Costner and Lowther. Not one of Eastwood's finest directions.
½ November 2, 2015
its a good movie and i think Kevin Costner did a very good job of his character in the movie and if you like movies about escape convicts and i would easily recommeded
October 28, 2015
Clint Eastwood directs one of his most beautiful and heart-wrenching film with this gorgeously shot story of a con man on the run. Costner once again proves how amazing of an actor he is and delivers one of his best performance to date. This is, in my opinion, a great movie, very well executed and perfectly orchestrated by a man who's got an eye for details and a wonderful way to tell stories. Definitely a must see.
October 14, 2015
What a fantastic movie. Costner brilliant
½ October 13, 2015
This is one of my favs
August 24, 2015
Clint Eastwood's best and most underrated film.
July 29, 2015
A Perfect World is an engrossing and well made film with Kevin Costner on a terrific lead role as well as Clint Eastwood doing great in the director's chair
½ April 21, 2015
Okay, so first off let me say I am not the biggest Costner fan. But I do love me some Clint Eastwood. I will say that this is one of Costner's better movies, and my view anyway. However, personally I get kind of bored after a while. It seems to be much of the same thing,a man and a boy running from the law. I would take 30 to 45 minutes from the movie and it would have been in the same movie if not better.
½ April 17, 2015
Not a flop; however, the movie seems to suffer from an identity crisis. Am I a drama, a comedy, a heist filck? Costner is more than watchable as usual but he does not salvage this self impeded 90's gem.
April 8, 2015
Well done drama where once more you hate the ending for being right on.....Costner's best work as an actor
March 28, 2015
A film for the soul, with fascinating to watch relationships between the convict and the little boy and a couple of hard to watch scenes combining with Eastwood's direction and also acting in this movie.