Perfume: The Story of a Murderer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer Reviews

May 24, 2018
Scary but satisfying@!
April 15, 2018
i loved this movie have been looking for it for about 7 years to watch again. so im here trying to watch it,
April 13, 2018
Still one of the best movies ever !!
November 28, 2017
Have watched this film twice. Liked both times and I barely noticed that the film glamorized the murderer. It does however take your mind to a strange place just as many great films do. Don't pass this one up just because the rating on this site is kinda low. Worth the intrigue!
November 4, 2017
What a disappointing movie. Don't judge Suskind's great novel by this adaptation!
September 13, 2017
one of the best movie ever
April 14, 2017
Just one of the best book adaptation all time filmed.
½ January 14, 2017
"Whatever his insane scheme is... it will surely be incomplete without you."
½ January 7, 2017
Weird and twisted and I surprisingly enjoyed it.
January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ October 26, 2016
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is grotesque, with notes of beauty and brilliance. I just wish it didn't go off the deep end in the third act. It's intriguing and uniquely bizarre until that point. Dustin Hoffman is completely miscast, but everyone else seems to work. Plus, if they cut out all of the extended, close-up smelling scenes, this movie would be an hour shorter. I almost liked this movie.
½ September 28, 2016
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is a terrifying experience without any kind of meaning.
The main characters fail to be engaging enough, not because of their performances, which were actually good, but because the story is totally absurd.
½ September 5, 2016
not my favorite type of movies.
½ August 28, 2016
"Perfume" is a very gorgeous looking film, even though its main character is difficult to follow and route for.
July 25, 2016
Not going to lie, I still don't know how to feel about this film. It's so incredibly stylish, yet I can't decide if it crossed the line of being creepy and went straight for shock.

After a little bit of reflecting I have to admit I DO like this movie- and would even watch it again. If anything maybe I can make some more sense of it.
½ May 25, 2016
One of my all time favourite movies....I don't get the bad reviews. Certainly it is gruesome and horrific but at the same time it is spell binding. I recommend this flick.
jjnxn
March 21, 2016
Some nice production design but so loathsome that hardly makes it worth looking at.
March 16, 2016
no movie like the original novel ...
½ February 21, 2016
Beautifully filmed and with some good performances (Alan Rickman's barely-restrained fury and paranoia being quite nicely understated), with an interestingly unorthodox premise and the flexibility to allow some moments of humor. There are some elements of magical realism that I did find strained the film's veritas, though.