Perkins' 14 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Perkins' 14 Reviews

December 10, 2015
After Dark horror films are generally either really good or incredibly stupid and bad. This one was pretty sweet. In one of the rarest occurrences, we have ourselves a fairly original plot. The film is deeply upsetting and disturbing. There's an extreme emotional connection that you'll gather with the characters and the plot, the immersion is high on this one. There's a certain interesting indy touch of special effects that seems pretty well timed and not very cheesy. I really enjoyed this uncommon film and found it very good.
April 15, 2015
The director hired mostly family members and bizarre looking Romanians for this somewhat original idea that wasn't acted terribly well and had an unrealistic if not sloppy ending that still pisses me off. Getting over those inconveniences, the plot moves along and the action stays fairly solid.
Robbanflix
January 1, 2015
This is one of the "After Dark Festival" horror movies and it was actually a rather good one. None familar actors to me but great perfomances from them. Story on average level with thriller moments and plenty of violence/blood scenes if u are into that. Well worth seeing for this genre.
November 2, 2013
TURD part 2. Nyt vittu oikeesti!
October 15, 2013
Tuesday, October 15, 2013

(2008) Perkins' 14
HORROR

It's called "Perkins' 14" because officer Dwayne Hopper's (Patrick O'Kane) son was the last 14th missing victim reported missing. Children who were kidnapped by a person who coincidently happens to be locked up in a jail cell for a misdemeanor who's real name is Ronald Perkins (Richard Brake). As we later find out that he was doing experiments on them for the attemption of turning them into savage ghouls or venoms for a silly retribution.

From "Afterdark Horrorfest" and by looking at the big picture one has to wonder why the FBI weren't involved in this case. Anyways, the gory make up is good but the ending kind of sucked which is a reminiscent of "Pet Cemetery".

1 star out of 4 stars
½ October 2, 2013
Interesting ideas in a decent horror flick--Had it's moments!!
August 26, 2013
Maybe it could have been a good movie, but it was so horribly brought to life, it's hard to say.
June 23, 2013
May 14, 2013
This was truly a terrifying movie. It's dark, bloody, gory, and scary. The first 30 - 45 minutes are kinda boring, but once the brainwashed kids get released, it gets creepy and violent. The only reason I'm not giving this movie more that four stars is that it was a little boring at the beginning and some parts were dumb and cheesy. But other than that, I highly recommend this movie, definitely for gore fans.
April 27, 2013
mm.. idea is not bad.. but not one of the best afterdark movies.
½ January 31, 2013
Fucking zombies. Why do people make me watch Zombie movies? I hate zombies. Even more especially these goddamn modern zombies. Boring movie with a bunch of unwashed ugly actors, no character development, overused cinematic techniques, relying on the shock value of watching kids eat out peoples intestines. The "twist" ending other people have referred to wasn't a twist. This movie was unmotivated and shouldn't have been made. I also have a big issue with eyes. The movie did not benefit by stabbig glass through an eye. Gross.
½ January 4, 2013
75%

Child abductor story turns into a zombie flick. Misfit's man, Michale Graves has a part and the eye stabbing scene is narley.
½ November 17, 2012
An After Dark Horrorfest movie. The plot in this one moves too slowly, and the acting is on the poor side. Not enough background information is given - I learned more from reading the synopsis on Flixster than I got from the movie itself which should never happen. The effects are good - almost making this worth watching, but not quite.
October 31, 2012
There have been worse 8 Tales to Die For. This one was decently directed, but the storyline was kind of dumb and the acting was sub-par. I don't know. It just didn't really interest me. Plus, the ending was ridiculously stupid and abrupt.
October 8, 2012
You can't expect cinematic genius. The After Dark Horrorfest is about low-budget, groan-inducing, yet somehow oddly creepy slasher flicks, most of the time. And honestly, this is one of the better ones I've seen. That doesn't mean I'd compare it to any huge blockbusters or anything, but for what it is, it's a solid film and I enjoyed it.
September 25, 2012
Twisted story, well executed.
August 16, 2012
This has got to be the strangest looking, least talented cast I've ever seen. They must have gotten every freaky looking goon with a Screen Actors Guild card to star in this thing and it was amateur hour to the extreme. The story isn't so bad to start out, a man who suffered a tragedy wants to get back at the people who didn't do anything to help him. He does this by kidnapping 14 of the towns children, and yes, his name was Perkins. This strange, evil, little man decided to drug these kids with PCP, until there brains are mush, and then he tortured them into become zombies, who would be unleashed if anything ever happened to him, and yes, something happens to him. From there, this film becomes one badly acted gorefest that makes no sense at all. Body parts fly, intestines come out and get consumed, and the town of Stone Cove becomes overrun. This whole thing was ridiculous and I can't believe it was chosen to be part of the After Dark Horrorfest. It's so badly directed and cast that it looks like some kids film class project, Perkins' 14 shouldn't be in a Horrorfest collection, it should be a joke on Mystery Science 3000.
July 22, 2012
original and twisted!
½ July 13, 2012
What a mess. A good concept and some great scenes, even some almost good performances, but what a mess. Even 'too many cooks spoiling the dish' is no excuse for how this turned out. For 'so bad it's hilarious' viewing only.
½ May 13, 2012
This film from the "After Dark Horrorfest 2009" wasn't so bad,but with a better script it could've been better.The acting was good & the story was interesting,but not executed well.There was few decent gory scenes.