Perlasca: The Courage of a Just Man (Perlasca. Un eroe italiano) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Perlasca: The Courage of a Just Man (Perlasca. Un eroe italiano) Reviews

May 29, 2014
The film is about ordinary people standing up against violence; and the final minute of the film sums up Perlasca's efforts to protect the Jews. Overall the film is rather bland but there is great importance within the films final words. 3 stars
May 17, 2014
The movie goes way beyond the actual events. With Luca Zingaretti as the lead,. think the producers of Detective Montalbano do the Holocaust.

It's not wrong to remember the horrors of WWII but somehow the lapses in continuity and credibility in the plot and some of the sentimentality and music ripped from the Montalbano series, for me seemed to trivialize those tragic events.
August 11, 2013
everyone knows about Oscar Schindler, but Perlasca rescued 4 times as many Jews..Great movie
March 10, 2010
Un film italiano da vedere. Non spicca per regia, e ha dei momenti che si potevano evitare, ma racconta una storia sconosciuta ai pi, e lo fa in modo piuttosto piacevole. Certo, non I Cento Passi, ma secondo me vale davvero la pena di essere visto comunque.
½ March 9, 2009
Incredible but true story about an Italian official trapped in Budapest in the last year of the war. In attempting to flee he becomes involved with a group of Jews - through this chance encounter he goes on to beg protection for himself and them from the Spanish Consulate - as is his right as a former fighter in the Spanish war of Independence. Perlasca now plays out the biggest bluff ever, claiming that he is the Spanish consul and negotiating with the authorities to save thousands of Jewish people.Despite the appalling bleakness of its subject ( from which we are not spared) Luca Zingaretti 's portrayal of Perlusca also manages to convey moments of humour as we watch with open mouthed admiration at his bravado. In many ways a more powerful and moving film than Schindler's List and deserving of wider recognition. One of the most moving aspects is not shown on screen - when Perlasca returned to Italy he resumed a quiet humble life and never said a word about what he had done- it wasn't until the 80's that his heroic and entirely unselfish actions became known. An inspiring story that shows how extraordinary 'ordinary' people can be when confronted with the hell of others.
½ October 8, 2007
"El Consul Perlasca" is a very touching movie which presents the heroic true story of a man who risked his life during the World War II in Hungary to rescue and save thousands of Jews. Who said we cannot change the world? A history as beautiful and touching as true which deserved to be known. A must for people interested in knowing more about the Holocaust and those searching a good reason to believe in good-hearted people.
½ September 8, 2007
very sensitive movie,one hell of a movie!!!!