The Pest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Pest Reviews

October 5, 2016
Leguizamo is almost funny but comes closer to being annoying. Jeffery Jones is mildly entertaining at least. Mostly a stupid movie
July 30, 2016
Very funny and wacky!!!
½ May 19, 2016
Can't help but love it
March 27, 2016
This is and will forever be my favorite movie of all time...
Love, peace and chicken grease!
February 3, 2016
Ok, so the truth is it's a little bit stupid. (ok, maybe a lot) but it's also TONS of fun. If you try to take this movie at all seriously, you aren't going to appreciate it. So leave your intellect behind, and just enjoy the corny dumb fun.
September 14, 2015
It's an ok comedy. I can do without the bird poop jokes and John Leguzamo getting puked on all over face within the same scene a mans face his covered in seagull shit while he gets sea sick. Seriously the shit lands in his eyes.
June 30, 2015
funny. loved it as a little kid still do. wish I could be the pest sometime.
May 10, 2015
I usually like Leguizamo but this movie is wholly misguided junk.
January 4, 2015
If you like slapstick and fart gags, then this one is highly recommended. Also, I'm 12.
½ July 6, 2014
It was kind of funny
June 12, 2014
Acquired taste. Is it bad this turned into a guilty pleasure of mine throughout high school?
cigaretteburns
April 29, 2014
Wow I hadn't seen this movie in years, didn't even remember it being that good, but holy shitballs this is some funny stuff right here!! I've always loved John Leguizamo so maybe I'm biased? or stoned? yeah definitely stoned. everyone hating on this movie clearly didn't smoke a few bowls first. Shame on you people! I admit The Pest is retarded, but that's what makes it so fucking awesome!! it's actually kind of brilliant.
April 21, 2014
On the floor laughing till you puke funny. Watched 5x in one day!
½ January 6, 2014
makes me laugh every time
½ September 29, 2013
A cult classic by today's standards. Go into this movie expecting nothing and you may find yourself surprised. Go into this movie drunk or high and you may find yourself giggling like the idiot for which it was created. Nostalgic and sentimental, it was "Dude Where's My Car" three years prior, based on that classic The Most Dangerous Game, a short story pretty much everyone had to read in high school. While Surviving the Game takes itself all too seriously with a dreadlocked Ice-T being stalked by Dr. Cox of Scrubs fame, The Pest never takes itself seriously, in any way, ever, which is part of the charm. The only thing missing from the poor production quality is a boom mike dropping into a shot, or a reflection of the camera crew in a mirror. There's no other movie like it.
July 21, 2013
One of the most thoroughly annoying, cliched, obnoxious movies I've ever seen. It's a shame, since Leguizamo can be funny and can also act.
½ July 11, 2013
Watch the opening section on you tube. You will not believe your eyes and ears.
½ June 27, 2013
I thought it was funny movie.
½ May 28, 2013
John Leguizamo pulls off a truly annoying performance, on purpose. A parody of "the most dangerous catch"
April 21, 2013