Pet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pet Reviews

January 15, 2019
A great twist on a film that you think is gong one way but takes a very sharp turn into something else!
December 16, 2018
Sick and twisted Pet, is a solid horror movie.
November 18, 2018
Pretty good movie. A good twist in the middle and an emotionally satisfying ending that works as long as you don't think about how implausible it is.
October 22, 2018
Love Dominique Mognahan it it and the movie kept me enaged.
August 25, 2018
Good plot twists that we didn't see coming. I love Ksenia and Dom both, so this was fun to watch. There were a couple of things that I rolled my eyes at ... Mainly how did certain people get transported... But other than that, I really enjoyed it. It kept me at least a little on egde for a good portion of the film. If K-star hadn't been in it, I think it would have gotten 3 stars from me, but her likeability bolsters my rating.
½ August 18, 2018
Very good psychological thriller. The characters are interesting and the story is well built.
August 7, 2018
Acting could have been better. The story was definitely decent, however I was left wanting more to be told.
April 3, 2018
Refreshing and a bit off the beaten path. Indeed, the one thing that has been shunned a bit involves just a little attention to realism, though the point can be kept locked out of interfering with the script. For that reason, though, I'd give it "fantasy horror" status. I can accept why character x never finds character y out because ... some crimes simply remain unsolved.

Surprising plot twists and down-the-chute character development ensure that hell awaits the indefatigable horror fan.

Ego development between the two main characters seemed to be done in such manner that was more challenging and less indefensible. Plus, you'll never guess what happens so don't bother trying, um?

You may take offense to some things in this movie, and it will at times reach out and shock and at other times annoy because of its selective manner at using creative license simply to ignore reality and plot lines it has since established and set to progress. How this main character gets all this mercy by the end if the film, it's like there had been a pact with the writer or director or something. Fantasy, indeed! Anyway, I don't think I've ruined it for anyone.
½ October 27, 2017
Secrets are revealed throughout the movie the acting is good its just a really good movie
October 2, 2017
Maladjusted Fowlestopia.
September 7, 2017
Where did this one come from? Really engtossing, well acted, directed and photographed. With the emphasis on good acting this film kept my attention the entire 93 minutes. Not really a horror move with well done gore and great character development. See this one by all means.
August 27, 2017
Dominic Monaghan is well cast (funny little dog nose) in this effective and tense chamber piece. (funny little dog face)
½ August 23, 2017
Giros inesperados, con un final desagradable.
August 15, 2017
Pet, messes up with your expectations, the actors are good in portraying this characters and making us believe in whats happening in their heads, however the movie turns left when you expect him to turn right.

The ending was shocking enough to give me a lasting impression and maybe some mental scars...

That said, it was shocking enough to leave a lasting impression, and in this type of horror movie, that's pretty good.
August 12, 2017
It's weird, certainly not the best written or directed, but it does some interesting and unexpected things that are curious and aren't bad. That said, it's not for everyone, but it's okay and original and somewhat sadomasochistic.
½ August 11, 2017
Solid B-movie, no better or worse than a hundred other abduction thrillers, but with enough twists to keep momentum going to the end.
½ July 27, 2017
The film ridiculous. A girls goes missing for days, people know she was being harassed yet and has been bought flowers and some guy beats her stalker up. No sign of the authorities anywhere. Its one of those films I fast-forward to the end which was equally dire. This film is embarrassing and cringeworthy. The plot is weak. The acting desperate. I would recommend avoiding. Absolutely terrible. Shockingly so!
July 13, 2017
Well acted but plays the manipulation game lazily and the ultimately contrived ending doesn't do the interesting first half of the movie justice. it's a shame because this hints at a much better movie lurking just underneath..
½ June 26, 2017
The secret life of being somebody's Pet!

The last time I saw Dominic Monaghan was pretty impressive in 'The Millionaire Tour'. This film was not bad. But it kind of reminds other titles like 'Tusk', 'Eyes of my Mother' et cetera. Only thematically. The screenplay should have been improved by extending more dramatic events. At present, it was simple, though the twists were the saviours. Not the mind blowing twists, but for a small storyline like this, everything justified. I liked how film characters switched nature of their roles while story progressing. That was nicely designed characters for a thriller which added a bit of mystery flavour.

The character Seth was really interesting one. Drawing a story out of him lacked depth in the later parts. Especially after the first twist revealed. The second half was unexpected, but also that's where the narration stared to fall off the track. One of the reasons was predictable. Though enjoyable film, until the finale. I thought it was overall a better film than I expected, but the end was not any good. Too cliché. You can easily spot they are interested in a sequel, so they kept it open. But closed conclusion would have made it a decent film.

5/10
½ June 2, 2017
not what i expected. so amazingly twisted. words fail