Pete's Dragon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pete's Dragon Reviews

August 11, 2016
Pete's Dragon is disturbing and forgettable. Unsuitable for kids and confusing for adults.
August 11, 2016
I absolutely adore this movie! It's been one of my favourites since I was a kid! I highly recommend it to everyone because it's so cute :) NOT thrilled Disney is remaking it.
August 7, 2016
it was alright not the best however
August 4, 2016
Favorite movie growing up :)
July 28, 2016
While this movie does have flaws, such as scenes that feel a little too stretched out and certain musical numbers that feel somewhat pointless, but I can't help but love this film. The story is fun, the characters are performed marvellously by a great cast (with one or two exceptions here and there), the use of animation is well done, and most of the soundtrack is extremely catchy. While it may not be the best, I just can't help but love this film, even if I know that it technically isn't that exceptional or unique. I still suggest looking it up and to see it for yourself: you might find yourself uninterested, just as you be delightfully surprised. It's really in the middle.
July 25, 2016
Very fucking cheesy. You can taste it from a mile away. I will admit, this is a guilty pleasure of mine. (As well as being forced to watch this movie over and over for years) Wish Elliot was in the movie more.
July 24, 2016
I really love this movie can't wait to watch the remake
July 14, 2016
Enjoyable kid's film finds an orphan with a nasty foster family on the run with his sometimes invisible dragon. No one believes him despite the small destruction everywhere, but it blends a myriad of songs and cool invisible effects with silly villains and all sorts of fun characters. Its a bit overlong but good for kids.
½ May 17, 2016
Great memories, watched it hundreds of times with my kids
May 17, 2016
Watching this decades after its release is probably a crime. With the rapid development in technology, movies have enhanced greatly which makes everything in this movie from the acting to the songs and even the dragon a big joke.
May 16, 2016
Netflix usa please put this movie on streaming,
½ April 18, 2016
It's fun when you were a kid, but now, it doesn't hold up very well.
½ April 16, 2016
Another movie that I loved when I was a kid. Among the early movies to use animated characters and humans on screen together and interacting. Watching it decades later, it's cornier than most but still worth a nostalgic viewing.
March 18, 2016
Super solid family entertainment. I grew up loving this, and had to pull it out once the remake was announced. I was shocked at how well it holds up. The story has plenty of stakes, while never getting overly heavy.The characters are all hilarious and strong, from the Passamaquoddy milkman all the way up to Pete himself, and the songs don't have a dud in the bunch. Whimsical and wonderful.
½ December 28, 2015
It's not a perfect movie, but it's a fun little romp. The songs are pretty catchy and Elliot is a lovable character.
December 19, 2015
Following the abomination that was the cutting up of "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" six years earlier, it seems that everyone involved (at least enough to be influential) chose to forget that there is a time and place for everything-and maybe "Pete's Dragon" would have only benefited from some trimming here and there. The Gogans did not need to appear so filthy and vulgar to be convincing antagonists, Red Buttons should have been recast as he comes off as an amateur actor alongside newcomer Jim Dale, the entire scene at the bar probably wouldn't have been missed... But still, the film features an adorable title character, well-animated and charming all around. Helen Reddy doesn't deliver the most convincing performance but her singing (and the songs that make use of her talented voice) are top-notch. Fantasy and realism blend together well-as unlikely as they seem for each other here-and the whole seaside/lighthouse adds to the film's unique appeal.
½ November 26, 2015
Hate this movie, plain and simple.
½ November 25, 2015
It is horrifically animated trash. Ok, this movie has nothing pleasurable about it. Pete is a idiot who befriends a dragon that is also has no brain. And they sing, ALL THE TIME. End of story.
½ July 25, 2015
Not seen this since I was kid and could not really recall much about it. I now see why. Whilst it has all the usual Disney tropes it does not quite have the overall charm of some of the others. I only saw the 100 minute version, not sure an extra 20 minutes is needed.