Phantom Of The Opera From The Royal Albert Hall - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Phantom Of The Opera From The Royal Albert Hall Reviews

March 10, 2014
Seen ramin so many times live as phantom in both love never does and phantom and I love him his voice is to die for ! Would recommend this
March 2, 2013
In the past I was a die hard 'Les Miserables' fan, but this has totally converted me to the 'Phantom of the Opera'. Visually fantastic, musically amazing and the acting was absolutely superb. The combination of Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess glued my eyes to the screen and for the finishing touch the final scene was devastating and had me in tears.
January 3, 2013
Best version of Phantom of the Opera and features the best actors and musical performers of Broadway and the West End.
August 6, 2012
The Joel Schumacher film adaptation may be good in its own right, but it pales in comparison to the magic of The Phantom of the Opera on the stage. If you can't get to Broadway, this filmed production at the Royal Albert Hall is guaranteed to be the definitive version of Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical masterpiece. Not only is the production impeccably staged with moody lighting and atmospheric special effects, but it has an absolutely stunning cast, especially our Phantom and Christine. Ramin Karimloo makes for the perfect Phantom with his brilliant acting skills and a booming voice. Sierra Boggess, known best for playing Ariel in the Broadway adaptation of Disney's The Little Mermaid, is a huge surprise, acting with raw emotion and sporting some of the most intense and challenging lung power I have ever heard. Directed on film by Laurence Connor, this is the best version of Phantom you're going to find on DVD. It is exactly what the musical always was: emotional, beautiful, timeless, eerie, romantic, and most of all, devastating.
August 4, 2012
An amazing, spectacular masterpiece
July 31, 2012
The best production of this musical I have seen. Certainly better than the crap movie version.
July 9, 2012
Simply Brilliant!! Sierra Boggess (Christine) was stunning, and Ramin Karimloo (Phantom) was truly mesmerizing. A must own!
June 28, 2012
A very "British" performance. There's always a difference between a London performance and one on Broadway. The best example of this I have is the difference between the Broadway and London cast of Les Miserables. The Phantom is phenomenal in this. Seeing Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman after the production is great. Having the stage version as well the movies is nice to have at your disposal. Five stars
Ria
June 26, 2012
I watched the musical staged in Hong Kong quite a couple years ago and don't really remember much of it, watching this performance which was staged in the Royal Albert Hall brings back such fond memories.
The set design and costume designs are all perfect. And how can anyone fail to mention the beautiful singing and the passionate acting. I love the phantom in this production. Such sense of existence. Such genuine emotions. Simply perfect.
I just watched Love Never Dies on DVD a couple days ago. And that is no way a sequel to this brilliant work of Andrew Lloyd Webber. The music in Phantom of the Opera is melodious, beautiful and varied, whereas that in the sequel is boring and repetitive.
And I'll make sure I watch a performance in Royal Albert Hall someday. The theatre looks breathtaking!
June 22, 2012
Beautiful staging of the most wonderful musical- takes your breath away every time!
June 20, 2012
I loved this. and the Royal Albert Hall is breathtaking.
June 18, 2012
One of the most spectacular shows I ever seen. Great performance, plate and special effects. A hell of a Show. Love it.