Phoonk - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Phoonk Reviews

September 13, 2008
rgv grow up dude....wen r u going to stop makin movies
½ September 13, 2008
Pretty good movie by Ram Gopal Verma, hoever not on par with `Bhoot`.

This movie does a few scares, so it worth a watch.
½ September 12, 2008
I'm in denial. I refuse to believe that someone, in all sincerity, can make a movie like 'phoonk' for a literate audience and hope to get away with it. Ram Gopal Varma belongs in an asylum.
½ September 10, 2008
Bad. Just plain bad. I've not seen a worse horror movie in my entire life. Apart from like 20 seconds, there's not one scary scene in the movie. That being said, I think Ram Gopal Varma has lost his touch.
½ September 9, 2008
this movie is suppoesed ta be a horror movie.... but wen i saw it i felt it was more lyk a comic flick... the gurl is so goody... she is perfect....
September 8, 2008
Over-rated and pretty tacky !
Story-line is extremely predictable
Seems more like RGV's attempt of Hindu advocacy (God, Black-magic, etc) than anything else... !
½ September 8, 2008
This wanna-be "Exorcist" is a criminal waste of time. The 'Ram Gopal Verma' is dead. Or may be there never was one.
September 8, 2008
(Watched it two weeks back but didnt get around to post a review)

One of the most over-hyped and unworthy releases of the year. Billed as a horror movie - it generated countless laughs as the audience found the directors desperate attempts for scaring rather silly. The trick of focusing on inanimate objects was used WAY too many times to elicit any other reaction other than derision.
Barring one genuinely scary scene with a mirror, there was nothing remotely scary in the movie. The actors do their role well, but with such a weak script - its not their fault
And the ending was just too zany - in short, nothing good in this movie ... go watch The Ring agian for some real horror :)
½ September 8, 2008
Ram Gopal Varma Pay me Back My Money...
September 7, 2008
HEY A NICE HOROR MOVIE MY RAM GOPAL WELL WORTH WATCHING BUT NOT REALY SCARCY AS HIS PERVIOUS MOVIES WERE WORTH WATCHING ONCE