Pieces - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pieces Reviews

May 27, 2016
Unfortunately, for me, not even fun for a bad movie. Except for the final 20 seconds.
April 15, 2016
Horrendous in all the right ways, Pieces is the most fun you can have watching a chainsaw-wielding psychopath dismember naked girls to complete a human jigsaw puzzle.
½ March 25, 2016
I'd really like to know what the makers of this film were thinking when they went to work on this crazy film. You can say it's so bad it's good. But "Pieces" is so bonkers at times that you'd swear some kind of comic genius was at work here. It has gut-busting dialog. And it's filled with unexpected moments. In this stalk and slash flick with a chainsaw killer, out of nowhere you get a kung-fu action scene. Pieces is also an eye-popping gore fest. One of my favorite films of all time.
March 19, 2016
Awesomely terrible. It exists to watch the 80's look bad in all their glory; Everyone sucks to no end, characters are just awful, their reactions to everything makes no sense, and whats with being rude all the time in the 80's, and angry at wrong moments? The story is stupid, the score is loud and cheesy, editing is a joke, directing is over-emphatic. So i had a good time
½ March 18, 2016
A quintessential "bad" movie. It's one of the goriest, goofiest, stupidest, and most entertaining slashers out there. There are so many memorable moments, from the terrible tennis match to the random kung-fu to the shock ending that leaves more laughs than chills. This is one of those movies you could show practically anyone because they'll be entertained by just how baffling it is.
February 20, 2016
Deliciously tasteless '80s slasher.
½ February 12, 2016
Cult classic slasher film with all of the typical early '80s elements.
January 17, 2016
This movie really ups the ante with violence and gore. Not to mention the full frontal nudity scenes. A true sleazy slasher classic. Love it.
November 9, 2015
For the most part, Pieces is cheesy and full of poor dialogue, but it's so over the top and silly that you have to love it. The gore is pretty over the top as well and the overall plot, when it is present, is interesting. I loved the way this movie ended, very cool.

Also there is a kung fu teacher that randomly attacks a lady and then falls over, then gets up and says he had bad chop suey. This scene cannot be explained but I like that the director felt it was necessary. it's actually more random that I made it sound.
And you can't forget the girl on a skateboard who crashed into a giant sheet of mirror carried by two workers, like a cartoon.
September 3, 2015
Dear Rotten Tomatoes,
Please update the information you have regarding this exceptional, unique slasher film. Aristide Massaccesi (aka Joe D'Amato) had absolutely nothing to do with this picture. This is a rumor that has been floating around the internet for quite a long time now, based on the erroneous assumption that John Shadow is yet another in the long line of pseudonyms Massaccesi used during his long career. While I agree that the name seems almost too awesome to be true...it is. British filmmaker and rock musician John Shadow was once married to Swedish beauty queen Ewa Aulin and was indeed a real person. Pieces is one of his three known film credits, let's give credit only where it is due.
Love,
Brad
August 19, 2015
Pieces is ridicules bloody fun. This is an 80's Spanish / American slasher with tongue firmly in cheek, it does exactly what it says on the tin and has a good time in the process. Definitely worth a watch for gore hounds, slasher fans and lovers of grindhouse cinema.
July 10, 2015
Just watched this little piece of grindhouse gem last night and what trash. Of course being a grindhouse flick, fun trash.....You could call this a mix between Texas Chainsaw and any bad 80's college movie. You know your in for a treat when the credits role and Christopher George and Linda Day George names come up...oh yeah. Watch out Night of the Grizzly!!!!!
The gore factor in this is very high and pretty effective. Some very over the top effects and use of a chainsaw. We also get to see several very gorgeous 80's chick in the flesh while trying to escape the carnage...
The killer of the movie is pretty easy to figure out and not much mystery there....However, there is a cool scene at the end showing exactly what the killer was up to cutting up all these woman. Another great gore effect....
So if you like your horror cheesy 80's style with horrible dubbing (filmed in Italy), then check out Pieces because you wont be disappointed...Oh and seeing Linda Day George scream "You bastard" 5 times in row is priceless...She really looks like she had to work to get those lines out...
June 17, 2015
One of the most brutal 80's films I watch with some of the most horrible acting I've ever seen.Worth a watch if you are fan of slasher films.
June 3, 2015
Entertaining, cheesy and gory slasher flick
May 30, 2015
Incredibly gruesome; Edmund Purdom's hammy performance doesn't help the proceedings.
April 29, 2015
Pieces has murder creativity and great gore, but that is all. It is missing that eerie vibe that most slashers have.
½ April 26, 2015
It isn't better than Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but at least this movie delivers on the chainsaw massacre. Lots of blood and guts and chainsaws galore. The red herrings are the best part. Very funny. I thought for sure the killer was going to be the Asian guy who runs around at night scaring people with kung fu.
December 22, 2014
Very gory slasher from the 80s Pieces is one of my favorite horror films back from that era. I know the acting is bad but it's still a great film that don't ruin it, wanna see it yourself go ahead it's a very violent film with sexy scenes x
October 23, 2014
This is the type of film that you'd probably have even MORE fun discussing it than watching it!
September 10, 2014
Great fun. Plastic bags and touchtone phones in 1942? Palm trees in Boston? "Professional" tennis players who can barely hit the ball? Who cares? It's all a laugh riot made more funny when one realizes it was considered by the production team to be a solid offering in the genre.