Pieces - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pieces Reviews

September 6, 2014
Surprisingly good much better than most slashes of its day ending was a disappointment though
½ August 29, 2014
First off I am going to say I am comparing this film to slashers of the early 80's, so the rating will seem a lot higher than it would be today.
The film is everything you would expect from an elite 80s slasher, but with more blood and a bit more twisted.
Overall there were lots of random scenes and things that made 0 sense, but if you love old horror films, this is one to see. Really reminded me a lot of sleepaway camp. If I compared it to today's films though, I think it would get just 2 stars.
½ April 27, 2014
A shining example of exploitive, "maniac-style" horror. If you enjoy gory schlock mixed with lots of nudity, you're in for a good time.
April 27, 2014
A laughably bad 80s slasher film. Terrible acting, bad sound editing and whole sequences that make no sense whatsoever.
April 19, 2014
Hilariously horrendous. A schlock masterpiece.
March 11, 2014
The performances and dialogue are a disaster.
The film is extremely entertaining and unintentionally funny.
March 1, 2014
It's nothing spectacular but it's one of those over the top cheesy horror films you just can't help loving, the it's so bad its so good type. There's a random scene with a martial arts teacher, not to mention a brian blessed lookalike wrongly accused who tries to fight everyone and then there's the shock ending which is just hilarious
February 18, 2014
This is probably some of the most fun I've ever had watching a horror movie. Opinions are opinions, but seriously how can anyone hate this? It's Exactly What You Think It Is! When it comes to movie critics, either they simply lack good taste, or decide to do half-ass reviews just to make a few extra dollars.
½ February 18, 2014
One of the greatest/worst movies ever made. If you like watching bad films/laughing, WATCH IT NOW. 3.5/10 (A+ for entertainment value)
January 17, 2014
Frequently nude coeds, over the top bloodshed and a killer lurking about a college campus: we must be watching an 80's horror film.

The ridiculously hard to catch killer, lugging an ENORMOUS chainsaw around a college, casually carving up girls to collect whatever pieces he needs for a pet project - this film is a lot of fun and well worth a look for the awful dubbing and dialog alone.

Recommended.
November 12, 2013
Incredibly gory, much more than expected, but any of the powerful disgust brought about by the butchery evaporates in a stupid story, wooden acting, and an overall lack of force. Like many cult exploitation movies from Europe, it has a great score and atmosphere and plenty of imaginatively staged massacres, but precious little in the way of filmmaking or storytelling savvy.
October 26, 2013
oh man, this was gold!
October 13, 2013
As good as the first time I watched it.
½ October 4, 2013
Some mild sexploitation and an average slasher movie at best.
½ October 4, 2013
Great fun! Happy to see it is re-released on DVD!
October 2, 2013
Superbly cheesy early 80's Italian slasher! With really stupid yet entertaining characters, and one hell of a creepy soundtrack. Love that soundtrack!!!! That being said, there could have been 20 minutes of this chopped out to make it a more tight slasher. I could have done without the character development scenes of total idiots or long overdrawn sports sequences. This did however deliver some creepy gore scenes and stayed pretty much right on point except for a few off scenes.
½ October 1, 2013
Great fun! Caught this Grindhouse classic on Comcast! A must for all horror fans!
½ October 1, 2013
Great Grindhouse fun! Relax it's supposed to be over the top!
August 11, 2013
A no-frills campus slasher-meets-giallo with high body count and effective gore. Surprisingly well-paced and guilty pleasure fun!
½ July 24, 2013
One of the most violent horror movies i have seen in some time