Pieces - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pieces Reviews

July 10, 2015
Just watched this little piece of grindhouse gem last night and what trash. Of course being a grindhouse flick, fun trash.....You could call this a mix between Texas Chainsaw and any bad 80's college movie. You know your in for a treat when the credits role and Christopher George and Linda Day George names come up...oh yeah. Watch out Night of the Grizzly!!!!!
The gore factor in this is very high and pretty effective. Some very over the top effects and use of a chainsaw. We also get to see several very gorgeous 80's chick in the flesh while trying to escape the carnage...
The killer of the movie is pretty easy to figure out and not much mystery there....However, there is a cool scene at the end showing exactly what the killer was up to cutting up all these woman. Another great gore effect....
So if you like your horror cheesy 80's style with horrible dubbing (filmed in Italy), then check out Pieces because you wont be disappointed...Oh and seeing Linda Day George scream "You bastard" 5 times in row is priceless...She really looks like she had to work to get those lines out...
June 17, 2015
One of the most brutal 80's films I watch with some of the most horrible acting I've ever seen.Worth a watch if you are fan of slasher films.
June 3, 2015
Entertaining, cheesy and gory slasher flick
May 30, 2015
Incredibly gruesome; Edmund Purdom's hammy performance doesn't help the proceedings.
April 29, 2015
Pieces has murder creativity and great gore, but that is all. It is missing that eerie vibe that most slashers have.
½ April 26, 2015
It isn't better than Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but at least this movie delivers on the chainsaw massacre. Lots of blood and guts and chainsaws galore. The red herrings are the best part. Very funny. I thought for sure the killer was going to be the Asian guy who runs around at night scaring people with kung fu.
December 22, 2014
Very gory slasher from the 80s Pieces is one of my favorite horror films back from that era. I know the acting is bad but it's still a great film that don't ruin it, wanna see it yourself go ahead it's a very violent film with sexy scenes x
October 23, 2014
This is the type of film that you'd probably have even MORE fun discussing it than watching it!
September 10, 2014
Great fun. Plastic bags and touchtone phones in 1942? Palm trees in Boston? "Professional" tennis players who can barely hit the ball? Who cares? It's all a laugh riot made more funny when one realizes it was considered by the production team to be a solid offering in the genre.
September 6, 2014
Surprisingly good much better than most slashes of its day ending was a disappointment though
½ August 29, 2014
First off I am going to say I am comparing this film to slashers of the early 80's, so the rating will seem a lot higher than it would be today.
The film is everything you would expect from an elite 80s slasher, but with more blood and a bit more twisted.
Overall there were lots of random scenes and things that made 0 sense, but if you love old horror films, this is one to see. Really reminded me a lot of sleepaway camp. If I compared it to today's films though, I think it would get just 2 stars.
½ April 27, 2014
A shining example of exploitive, "maniac-style" horror. If you enjoy gory schlock mixed with lots of nudity, you're in for a good time.
April 27, 2014
A laughably bad 80s slasher film. Terrible acting, bad sound editing and whole sequences that make no sense whatsoever.
April 19, 2014
Hilariously horrendous. A schlock masterpiece.
March 11, 2014
The performances and dialogue are a disaster.
The film is extremely entertaining and unintentionally funny.
March 1, 2014
It's nothing spectacular but it's one of those over the top cheesy horror films you just can't help loving, the it's so bad its so good type. There's a random scene with a martial arts teacher, not to mention a brian blessed lookalike wrongly accused who tries to fight everyone and then there's the shock ending which is just hilarious
February 18, 2014
This is probably some of the most fun I've ever had watching a horror movie. Opinions are opinions, but seriously how can anyone hate this? It's Exactly What You Think It Is! When it comes to movie critics, either they simply lack good taste, or decide to do half-ass reviews just to make a few extra dollars.
½ February 18, 2014
One of the greatest/worst movies ever made. If you like watching bad films/laughing, WATCH IT NOW. 3.5/10 (A+ for entertainment value)
November 12, 2013
Incredibly gory, much more than expected, but any of the powerful disgust brought about by the butchery evaporates in a stupid story, wooden acting, and an overall lack of force. Like many cult exploitation movies from Europe, it has a great score and atmosphere and plenty of imaginatively staged massacres, but precious little in the way of filmmaking or storytelling savvy.
October 26, 2013