Pig Hunt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pig Hunt Reviews

June 28, 2016
Amusingly poor horror flick featuring a giant man-eating boar and a lot of Tina Huang in her bra. A muddy 'n' bloody mix of Razorback, Deliverance and Mad Max.
½ June 3, 2016
Far exceeded my expectations. The low budget hurt it in some pretty glaringly obvious places (acting calibre, for one) but they ran with what they had and what we end up with ain't too shabby.
½ March 2, 2014
I enjoyed this movie, but that doesn't make it good film.
½ December 23, 2013
Oh my, what does one say about Pig Hunt? Let's start with the song, Booneville Stomp, from Les Claypool. I love the song, but I love even more the way they inserted bits of it throughout the film to set the mood. Well done. This film started very slow, and I fell asleep the first time I tried to watch it. I went back for another go and I'm glad I did. We've got pig heads, we've got human heads, we've got boobies and we've got blood and guts and bones all over the place. There's a lot going on. We have the hillbillies hell bent on revenge, trying to kill the city folk, we have the hippies trying to feed the city folk to a giant wild boar, we've got the city folk killing the hillbillies and the hippies to survive, and sadly, everyone's so busy killing everyone else, no one paid any attention to the glorious marijuana crop. For what I would consider a member of the "bad horror" genre, this was actually quite pleasantly gruesome and entertaining after the boring start.
October 25, 2013
a film that made no sense whatsoever ...but i loved it.
½ September 5, 2013
A teen slasher meets deliverance meets X-Files. Pretty sure this was shot over a long weekend for a whopping budget of $14 and a Subway sandwich.
May 31, 2013
I sat and watched this movie with high hopes, not reading any reviews about it prior. I'm giving Pig Hunt one star only because the monster hog was not CGI. It did have decent gore but everything was dampened by the rather annoying injections of political commentary about the Iraq War. If I wanted to watch a horror movie about the Iraq War and George Bush I would have turned on the t.v to MSNBC.

The only deaths in the movie that saddened me were the dog and the monster hog. Unfortunately he doesn't kill off everyone which is really how the movie should have ended. Story was ridiculous...an all female hippie cult led by one black man growing marijuana and feeding trespassers to a freakishly large hog who's tusks look like they're made out of Costco churros.

I've seen a French hog hunting movie and a Korean hog hunting movie, and both of those were much better than this pile of slop called Pig Hunt.
April 8, 2013
I liked it..I laughed.. I considered it somewhat of a spoof on the Horror/Action genre. And I swer I aw a few guys from The Eagles(Band) in it.
December 28, 2012
I mean what do you expect for a low budget horror film. I thought the beginning dragged but it really picked up in the middle and I was on the edge of my seat.
½ November 27, 2012
Took half of the movie to start and it was just gross. No character build up at all. Nothing in this movie was even close to believable. Acting was lacking of course. Your typical D list movie with the most awkward sound track ever.
½ November 5, 2012
What was this even about? Who are all these random characters? Very undeveloped.
October 28, 2012
It was ok and kinda piggy...lol
½ September 2, 2012
Hmmm, I seem to be in the minority but I really enjoyed this Deliverance/Razorback mash up. There's some decent gore, a good pace, a healthy dose of humor (some of it black) and an amazing looking wild boar that is 100% practical. In fact I don't believe there's ANY CG in this thing. Plus I like director Isaac's style (excluding Skinwalkers) so thats just a bonus for me.
August 22, 2012
A awesome sexy horror film
May 31, 2012
The only thing interesting and creative was the boar in the last 10 minutes of the movie's climax. Awful over all.
½ May 29, 2012
This one had way too much plot going on for its own good, as people going hunting becomes them being stalked by a gigantic pig, which becomes issues with the local rednecks which eventually becomes something else and it just feels like too much to take in.

It's passable, but nothing I can see myself coming back to.
April 27, 2012
How to describe Pig Hunt? Hmm. Well its quite the mind fuck and Im not sure if thats in a good way. The movie is like the dirty little love child of Deliverance and Razorback. Its directed by Jim Isaak (Jason X, House 3) so there's some nice control here... the soundtrack is by Les Claypool and I cant think of a better person for it. But the movie struggles when trying to combine horror and comedy and the result is a hokey and often tacky b-movie. Its moderately enjoyable but I wont be rushing to watch it again.
April 21, 2012
Pig Hunt has a promising set-up: crazed rednecks, psycho hippie cult, giant killer boar, massive marijuana fields, etc. It sounds fairly original, but the movie just can't ever quite do anything interesting with its subject matter. Still it is a somewhat entertaining if ultimately disappointing piece of horror pablum.
½ April 8, 2012
Everything a b movie should be and a great soundtrack to boot.