Pink Floyd: The Dark Side of the Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pink Floyd: The Dark Side of the Moon Reviews

May 17, 2016
Documentary explores Pink Floyd's most successful album financially (and arguably creatively), delving a little bit into the band's origins and then going through the album track by track, and what it's development and success meant to the band. It was a decent watch, and had some tidbits I didn't know before.
½ March 7, 2015
Great documentary on a great band and album.

Dark Side of the Moon is truly a classic. Surely one of the greatest albums ever made, it transcended music, being an artistic expression for all of societies issues, how these issues are all linked and the side-effects manifestations of these issues. Even without the incredibly profound lyrics, the music is brilliant, and surreal.

This documentary expertly details the making of this superb album. Included are interviews with all four members of Pink Floyd: Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Richard Wright and Nick Mason, plus other production staff and music journalists. From the interviews you can see the artistry and thinking that went into the making of the album.

Quite amazing.
½ March 7, 2015
Pink Floyd: The Making of Dark Side of the moon recalls the period in Pink Floyd's career when they crafted their greatest critical and commercial success. It talks to all of the band members (before one's untimely death), as well as producers, fellow band mates, friends, and even the man who designed the LP jacket for the album. While I enjoyed the Wish You Were Here documentary much more because I simply enjoy that album a lot more, this documentary is no slouch, and is definitely one of the most entertaining music documentaries out there.
October 31, 2012
A well-done documentary on one of the greatest albums ever recorded.
July 24, 2012
excelente! la mejor banda de todas
August 9, 2011
A well-done documentary on one of the greatest albums ever recorded.
July 21, 2011
Utter spine tingling comprehensive insight into the making of the greatest album of all time. The amount of intelligence and perfection required humbles me. Includes the reasoning and background behind every single part of this album and re-ingnites an often regarded theory that music making is just not the same anymore.
January 27, 2011
Nothing more to say.
November 19, 2010
As a long-time fan of the band (going back to Umma-Gumma and having seen them live seven times), I have to say this was one of the best rock documentaries this viewer has seen. In it we learn of the creative process, the collaboration of the band members and the technical people, the marketing savvy of the studio executive charged with bringing the band to their American audience, and the serendipity of some of the impromptu contributors to this iconic album of the early 70s. Fascinating to hear the band and the people involved reminiscing about recording the songs on a record that stayed on the Billboard album charts for nearly seven years. This one needs to be in this viewer's DVD collection!
December 20, 2009
Awesome. One of my all-time favorite albums, commentary and the like.