Pink Panther 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pink Panther 2 Reviews

October 8, 2013
Still spitting on the heritage of the original movies.
October 1, 2013
I own this on DVD in an eight movie pack along with:
* The Pink Panther (1963)
* A Shot In The dark (1964)
* The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976)
* The Revenge Of The Pink Panther (1978)
* Trail Of The Pink Panther (1982)
* Curse Of The Pink Panther (1983)
* The Pink Panther (2006)
September 7, 2013
August 28, 2013
It's awesome the film
July 29, 2013
I really do miss the Steve Martin of the Little Shop of Horrors and Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

This film is the official nose dive for me. The point where I have just had enough of these Cheaper By the Dozens and Pink Panthers. I want something dark- or maybe something that's plain and simply funny from Steve Martin.

Also, the question has to be asked to who this film is made for. You'd think this to be a family film- but stick this in front of them and they will be bored to death. For adults, there is no charm or warmth to it.

A definition of this would be many random gags, unrelated to each other, attempted to be woven into some kind of plot. I actually felt a little embarassed watching the film.

It seemed like everyone was simply there because it says they have to be in some kind of contract. Everyone seemed tired and, once again, embarassed.

To be honest though, with a family film or comedy, the story isn't the most important part. As long as it's funny then it really doesn't matter- 'This is the End' is a great example of this, although a slightly different context. The difference is that this film really isn't funny at all.

It worked for the originals, as it was a different time. And it holds up today, as you almost watch it in a different mind set- a feeling of nostalgia fills the screen. When the remake was released, it was exceedingly mediocre, and just felt utterly pointless.

If the first film felt pointless- this felt like I was being exploited. 'The first one was bad, but people will come to see a family film whatever it is. Hey you, Generic Joe, can you write a script due in tomorrow... You can! Well don't worry about the quality, the people who watch these films must be idiots.'

This film will make you feel like an idiot, but if you do like seeing the low points of some of your favourite actors, then you can see this.

A 90 minute film that seems to last for 120.

If you want to laugh at a film. Don't watch this. If you want to feel smart, and look down on something.

This is for you!
July 27, 2013
I can wait for this one to come out on TBS or something...
July 12, 2013
This was painful. All i wanted in the theater was for it to end.
July 8, 2013
I like the Pink Panther, I like Steve Martin, and I like slap-stick comedy. Honestly the plot was a tad dry, but who watches a Pink Panther movie for its plot?
½ June 26, 2013
Inspector Clouseau is on the case once again in The Pink Panther 2. When a notorious thief known as The Tornado comes out of retirement a crack team of Europe's top investigators is assembled to catch him, with Inspector Clouseau leading the charge. Steve Martin, Jean Reno, and Emily Mortimer return, and are joined by Andy Garcia, John Cleese, and Alfred Molina. The slapstick comedy is way overdone, and there's no subtlety to it. Still, some of the ridiculousness is just too funny. The Pink Panther 2 isn't as good as the first film, but it delivers plenty of laughs.
June 22, 2013
some movies just should have scequel..
June 21, 2013
I want a hamburger lol love that saying
June 16, 2013
Can't wait he'll be miles better than Sellers!
½ June 5, 2013
The cast of the last film is back with new members ... in a movie that has no plot, no point or worst no so fun.
May 28, 2013
This movie truly makes me LOL
½ May 22, 2013
A great cast, a lot of action, no injury time, so many physical gags and good jokes, some beautiful sets and places, make it be an excellent movie. Sadly a bit short, considering all this.

It's great how they succeed to create a character in the same time so dumb, idiot, but also very intelligent, very intuitive detective. And the worst is that it's totally credible.

Lovely music that we all know by heart, and it was good to see also the toon at the end of the movie, and during the beginning's credits also.

Way better, funnier, well written than the 1st movie.
May 3, 2013
I've seen worse comedies.
½ May 3, 2013
I used to like Steve Martin, but when he makes one awful re-make of a master piece then follows that awful re-make with a sequel, c'mon dude! What happen to your brain. You can't even compare this to Peter Sellers and Blake Edwards! The producers that made this are money hunger losers!
April 11, 2013
Wasn't nearly as funny as the first one..... The scene with the pope was pretty hilarious though
March 27, 2013
cant be as good as the originals with Peter Sellers
March 18, 2013
I thought it was very funny went to see it a while ago and still remember how funny it was. Great film.