Pink Ribbons, Inc. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pink Ribbons, Inc. Reviews

November 7, 2012
What has research accomplished?
October 30, 2012
A little dramatic and sometimes overly sensitive but it opened my eyes to some things I have never considered.
October 23, 2012
I've felt like the fool saying, "The Emperor doesn't have any clothes on!" for years., while good friends spent the weekend walking. My thought was they were helping someone in Dallas get a new chandelier for their multi-million dollar home. Those "foundation" salaries were $600,000 a year for the top 10 execs. One county in Georgia was raising the most money for pink when it was discovered there were no services for women, ie wigs, prosthetics, etc. in that county.
Best marketing ploy this century!

Thank you for making this movie.
October 20, 2012
Wonderful film that everyone should see.
October 17, 2012
Not likely I will be looking at pink ribbons the same way any time soon!
October 16, 2012
This film is just the tip of the iceberg exposing the hypocrisy behind breast cancer charities including how little goes to actual research and how their corporate partners are the same companies creating carcinogens.
October 14, 2012
Just watched this fantastic doc about the breast cancer movement and the pink ribbon campaign. What an eye opener!!
½ September 30, 2012
"Capitalizing on hope"
August 29, 2012
This film confirms what I've always suspected about all the "pink ribbon" campaigns by companies and Komen. Also put into words the reasons why this campaign is kind of insulting to women.
August 16, 2012
Pink Ribbons, Inc. exposes the truth behind this movement. If you love her, regardless of who she is, you will be enraged by the facts that come to light in this film.
August 13, 2012
Yes!! The lies and manipulation, in this marketing hype and others... Will end. Please watch - even just the trailer.
August 7, 2012
Very well put together movie. Just something you must watch, to open your eyes on the subject.
July 31, 2012
I have an indifference about this documentary so I need to get the facts put your money where your mind is... Support the cause or support the person living with breast cancer!
July 29, 2012
This movie finally touches the surface of how breast cancer is being exploited for profit. Research is not focused on prevention because there's no money to be made in it. The research that is being done is repetitive and typically not shared with other researchers because everyone wants to be first to market with a better drug to maybe extend someone's life by 3 weeks, not necessarily to cure someone, because theres's no money in that.

I'd love to see some of this money flowing away from pharmaceutical companies to prevention. We DO know that pollutants, be it in our water, food or in our environment (air we breathe, exposure at home to household chemicals & the personal products we use) in and of themselves lead to breast & other cancers. The cumulative effect of all of them together spell disaster for people's health. We need to refocus the money and efforts on cleaning up these sources and educating people on prevention. Until then, sadly don't expect a decline in beast cancer and especially don't expect to see anything beneficial coming out of the pharmaceutical companies who are also tied to the ones polluting out water, food air and products. Einsteins definition of insanity comes to mind when I think about the billions of dollars being turned over to these people for research.

This movie just touched the surface. It could have went so much further. Hopefully it will inspire more movies like this to bring this issue to light for the general population and we can cause a shift in where all this money is going. Until then, YOU can make an impact by not contributing unless you know your dollars are going specifically to prevention, to directly support the women with breast cancer, or bringing about change to pollutants & the people who produce them! When are we as a nation going to say, it's our health that's at risk and we've had enough of literally being poisoned by big business?
July 4, 2012
the lady with the mustache distracted me from anything relevant being presented.
½ June 29, 2012
About time someone at least tried to shine some light on cause marketing and how often it is useless (or even counterproductive) to benefiting the cause but a windfall for the advertisers who attach themselves to it. Would that more than a rare few could see with a skeptics eye. And even here, it's discouraging to hear critics deride those who lack historical perspective while themselves displaying a perspective of, at best, a century. Such missteps are rare, though, and the movie admirably gives voice to quite an array of perspectives.
June 25, 2012
See it. Fucking greed.
½ June 19, 2012
As the Founder and President of a non-profit organization which raises funds for breast cancer research I found Pink Ribbons, Inc. disturbing and unproductive. I was inclined to rattle off each offense and elaborate on why I disagree. After having settled down a bit I will, instead, express a concise reply. I fear this film stigmatizes the business of raising funds for a worthy cause into something ugly and disingenuous. I fear movie viewers will be confused and demoralized by the film's ugly message. And, I fear past supporters may feel so degraded and shamed by this film that they will choose to direct their efforts and money elsewhere. We at The Lynn Sage Foundation agree that a collaborative approach to medical research is ideal and that activism can be constructive. Transparency is essential. Research into environmental causes of cancer is also very welcome. Funding worthy projects is simply not possible without the aid of corporations and individuals. Government dollars are scarce and dwindling. While their were some useful messages within the movie, the emphasis placed on sensationalism and inaccuracies is useless. We, and we presume many of our non-profits peers, would welcome the help of corporations, individuals and associates to collaborate on finding the causes, better treatments and a eventually a cure for this terrible disease.
May 31, 2012
Looks interesting !!!!
May 17, 2012
Highly recommend a search for the site "Pinkwashing" which highlights the money made from companies exploiting the pink ribbon.