Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End Reviews

October 10, 2016
Even though it is much of the same as the first two movies, that is not a bad thing. It knows what it and sticks to it, but hardly any laughs and a rocky ending end the trilogy in a less than great way.
October 8, 2016
Tied for my favourite movie of all time with the 1st one! And marvel....
½ October 3, 2016
Some of the issues in the previous film linger in this one, but more or less has more to do with its extended over-long runtime. Like the movies before it however, Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds End is still one hell of a fun movie.
½ October 2, 2016
Wickedly entertaining thrill ride!
October 1, 2016
The trilogy is now complete . This is most piraty of the three with fast moving story and a lot of backstabing.
½ September 6, 2016
The franchise has descended into complete ridiculousness and incoherence
½ September 3, 2016
The movie starts off thrilling, drags a lot during the middle, but has a fantastic climax which makes it all worth it.
August 27, 2016
The Second best out of the pirate series...really intense, a good and unpredictable ending and plenty of Jack Sparrow!
Tyler H.
August 20, 2016
With this disappointing last entry in the original Pirates trilogy once again Jack Sparrow and his crew go to take on Davy Jones and the English to reclaim the seas. Though the film does have moments of greatness it lacks a thero script and gets lost in its muddled characters. The score I think could've been a little higher perhaps a 48%-52% but really a disappointing way to end a trilogy. I would compare it to The Matrix franchise something that once started off fresh ends on a disappointing end.
August 15, 2016
At Worlds End would have to be my favorite movie out of this franchise. A lot of people didn't enjoy this one, but i thought it was great . I still recommend checking it out.
½ August 14, 2016
66%
Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow is as interesting a character to watch as ever, but there's a lot to "At World's End" that could have been left on the cutting room floor.
August 12, 2016
I want to see this pretty badly.
August 11, 2016
Thank goodness for TV channels which reruns old classics like this (although it has only been about 9 years). They skipped the second movie though, Dead Man's Chest (2006). Anyone can still follow the plot with this third installment though even without seeing the second. This is probably the saddest sequel in this entire franchise, specially with that "10 years at sea, one day ashore" part.

Looks like they're cooking up something for 2017 too. The Flying Dutchman may probably be back for the 5th movie.
½ August 2, 2016
POTC is back to its original form with another great entry into the franchise, with Johnny Depp once again reprising - and perfecting - his role as the beloved Captain Jack Sparrow. Many view this movie as the sequel to Dead Man's Chest, which in many respects it is, however (as is not the case in many movies) it manages to improve upon its predessor.
Verdict: A
July 28, 2016
It was a bit confusing at first buts the last few scenes were great
½ July 27, 2016
Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End remains my favorite entry of the franchise and deserves much more praise than is given. It is visually stunning and still holds up to more recent films who use special effects in their benefits. The plot (which some claim to be over complicated) is excellenty written and executed by the actors (especially by Johnny depp) and brings alot of mythology, tension and deception to the table. This film should be an example for directors and writers on how to end a trilogy with an exceptional climactic ending. The only aspect i can critizize this film for is for the pacing of the two and a half hour long run time which could lead to some borring moments for some. Other than that it is a fantastic action/adventure film and my personal favorite in the genre.
½ July 9, 2016
It is the 3rd best of the films, and provides good fun.
July 7, 2016
guauuuuu, great.. I WANT TO SEE IT
June 27, 2016
I like the 1st and 2nd movie but this movie was extremely confusing and I didn't like it at all
June 26, 2016
*Spoilers below!*
Let me preface by saying Curse of the Black Pearl will always be my favorite Pirates and I didn't much enjoy Dead Man's Chest but At World's End fits nicely between the two as far as ranking goes. The most visually stunning moments were the snow and ice, the stars and Shipwreck Cove.  They looked so real I thought I was there.  There were many laugh out loud moments including Pintel's pronunciation of macabre as "macabree."  However, if you asked me to name the star I'd easily say Jack the Monkey stole the show.  Counting favorite moments again would be the phallic hand telescopes.  I burst out in laughter both times.  The "Up Is Down" sequence was beyond amazing though totally unrealistic.  (Heck is anything realistic in this film?)  For a brief moment you get to set Davy Jones's true form and that was quite cool.  Calypso, who could have been quite spectacular, was given an extremely limited screen time almost as if she was thrown in as an afterthought.  And though Keith Richards only graces the screen for mere moments his performance was memorable.  But wait! Pirates wouldn't dare leave out its trademark mandatory over-the-top sword fight!  And it doesn't.  And it's silly.  Plus, remember the two guards Jack sneaks past on the docks to commandeer the Interceptor?  Well, they pop up in a quite humorous moment in the end.  Watch for it. Can I end by saying, I think Orlando Bloom is gorgeous but his good looks are often ignored by the drooling Depp fangirls.  No longer!  As Captain Turner (at the very end) Will lets his locks hang loose and sports the trendy pirate bandana.  And I think I drooled right into my popcorn.  I am glad filmmakers didn't make the stupid mistake of putting Jack and Liz together.  The movie ends set up for a fourth despite the fact that some actors said no more.  I hope we will see more Pirates.  It's a franchise I wouldn't mind seeing pop up again and again.

My final word is see this film.  It cleans up the mess the second film left behind.