Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Reviews

August 23, 2017
A solid if not entirely memorable sequel Pirates 2 just doesn't have the magic of the original even though it's still moderately entertaining in places.
August 12, 2017
This movie has strangely low reviews and yes there are some flaws, but not to many for this to be a awful movie. The movie kind of just starts in 10 minutes and you can barley understand what happens until they explain it later. Some characters kind of just pop out of no wear and jump into the conversation and act like they know the main characters. But the main problem with this movie is that it doesn't really explain stuff to you, so you want to watch the next one. It's fine to set up a movie, but make a good movie at the same time. The film really has trouble introducing things, but after it introduces a thing the rest is pretty good.
August 10, 2017
Weird to me that I gave this 5 stars before because it's fun, but not fantastic...also a cliffhanger...nice effects, though!
August 2, 2017
A sequel way better than the first. It's more funny and action packed than the first.
½ July 29, 2017
Aithough it is a bit overkill and not as fresh as its predecessor the movie still contains enough fun to stick in for the full movie
July 29, 2017
Another fun pirates movie. The plot in this one was more convoluted then the last but it still has much to enjoy. I really like the scene where they are all fighting on the big wheel.

8.0/10
July 28, 2017
Jack Sparrow is back and on a new journey to find the dead mans chest and fight Davy Jones it was a good movie but Davy Jones I thought was creepy and ugly but made a good villain, and jack was funny in this movie everyone knows Johnny Depp plays great in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies! Once again Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Nightly did good in this movie hay they are great in the movie!
July 28, 2017
Has a lot of entertaining scenes, and is very well made. But ultimately is to long and confusing to be nearly as good as the first.
½ July 27, 2017
It is definitely a total blast. A great time, seriously. However it loses some seriousness of certain characters and does recycle some of the same conflicts from the first installment.
July 23, 2017
This movie suffers from a slow paced at times convoluted storytelling but redeems it's losses with hilariously funny moments, amazing characters, fun action sequences, astounding visuals and a great soundtrack.
July 14, 2017
Overlong and somewhat generic, but still okay, mostly thanks to its visuals and Johnny Depp's performance.
½ July 1, 2017
Not as good as its follow up
July 1, 2017
not the best but solid love the last act
½ June 26, 2017
Almost as good as the first film, and full of more awesome visuals and special effects. And Johnny Depp is always fun to watch as Jack Sparrow.
June 26, 2017
I enjoyed Davey Jones in this one, but aside from the good action sequences, it was kind of strange and took a weird turn from the direction I thought the films should go in.
½ June 23, 2017
I'm sorry but this is not a 'bad' film, judged as such and not compared to its predecessor. It's got cool scenes and it's a lot of fun. Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow along with the rest of the cast continue to entertain audiences.
June 21, 2017
Not QUITE as good as the first, but it's not too far behind. It's almost as fun as the first with entertaining action scenes and it has me interested in watching the next one.
June 20, 2017
This movie is very funny and has great action scenes, but it feels like more of a set up for the next movie than it's own movie. The visual effects are quite outstanding.
June 20, 2017
Loved it the movie! Can't get enough of Jack!
½ June 20, 2017
If the 1st one was not such a hit this would be a perfect zero. This is extremely disappointing and excruciating boring. This us an awful movie.