Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Reviews

½ March 11, 2019
Johnny Depp continues to carry the Pirates franchise with the perfection of the nonsensical yet somehow adept Captain Jack Sparrow.
½ March 7, 2019
A true pirate/fantasy movie!
February 27, 2019
The sequel to the curse of the black pearl has many memorable moments. Has a lot of humor. The plot to this movie is very good.
½ February 26, 2019
A passable sequel to a great original, Dead Mans Chest can not seem to figure out if it wants to keep the same darker tone of the original or take more of a comedy approach, making certain scenes feel out of place. It also feels more like a setup movie than one that can stand alone. Still good enough to keep me interested in the franchise.
February 13, 2019
Beautifully shot and packed great action set pieces. However the film story holds no power and no impact and feels like it is there to simply usher in the next set piece. Not the greatest followup of all time but definitely a serviceable one.
½ February 2, 2019
I think this film is better than the first because has the right amount of serious moments and very well done action scenes.

This Film Stars
Johnny Depp
Orlando Bloom
Keira Knightley
Jack Davenport
Bill Nigh

Johnny Depp Once Again does a good job so do Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley but the best part of this film is Bill Nigh perfomance As Davy Jones Such a good Villan

86% really Good
January 27, 2019
Why do the critics think the most negative about this movie? It's just as funny as the original with a very dated looking Kracken.
January 13, 2019
The story is a bit disorganized, and every event happens one after the other after the other and you feel like a little overwhelmed. Nonetheless, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest offers a lot to the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise including one of the greatest villains of all time, Davy Jones. And of course, Johnny Depp's performance of Jack Sparrow never gets old (well, at least until Dead Men Tell No Tales)
January 12, 2019
Whant an enjoyable movie! It was almost well made! Personally this is my favorite potc.
January 7, 2019
This hyped up, expensive sequel has the similar thrills, CGI pirates, and nonstop action we loved in its predecessor, but it also contains an unbalanced narrative and lead character.
January 4, 2019
The first part of a two part story, action packed with innovative action set pieces. Well acted, well shot.
December 28, 2018
The 2nd pirates of the Caribbean succeeds in being a long boring mess, while introducing some intriguing new characters.
I'll give it
- 38%
December 28, 2018
This movie may suffer from the inevitable sequel growing pains, but yet it thrives thanks to its wonderful depicted world and its main cast shines again.
½ December 27, 2018
Im not saying that the movie was bad, I like it vet much, but it was the weakest of the series. I liked the cast back and specially Johnny Depp as Sparrow. In my opinion it needed more action and more suspense, but overall, I think the second pirates of the Caribbean was rather a good film, and very good made, I loved the ending, and Barbosa being back at yje end of the film was the knockout punch of the movie can't wait for the 3rd. So for this being the weakest of the franchise but still delivering what pirates do best I give this second installment, in "Pirates Of The Caribbean : Dead Men's Chest " a C-.
½ December 21, 2018
It's very long and dragged out with so many characters and so much stuff. It also turned very dark and weird and lacked all the humor, and it also felt directionless to me. But it's somewhat
enjoyable with Davy Jones and all the pirates back.
December 15, 2018
Had to stop watch after seeing how dirty Commodore Norrington's face was, the dirty nacker.
December 6, 2018
stands as the best of the following installments
November 24, 2018
Definitely a step down from its predecessor, "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" seems to be focused on its grotesque visual effects rather than clever writing. Depp's performance is still a save, though.
½ November 24, 2018
While not at the caliber of the first film, this proves to be a solid, entertaining sequel. The humour is sharp and the plot is fast-paced and provides enjoyment, without a doubt. The characters are solid, brought to life by great performances. The plot does suffer from its fair share of holes, but this can be overlooked, and as a whole this film is worth a watch for those who love the first!
November 20, 2018
(81/100)
It's a bit silly at moments and the CGI isn't always great but Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest is in my opinion better than it's previous installment. It has a far more interesting story and more interesting antagonists. Hans Zimmer definitely upped the level of his score and especially "The Kraken" is a beautifully scored piece of music.