Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl Reviews

½ October 24, 2016
It's the right blend of action, adventure, and comedy. The weird and comedic nature of Captain Jack Sparrow coupled with the sort of darker tone of the movie, which was unexpected for me at the time, makes this a fun movie for children and adults alike. It has the humor and goofiness that kids will enjoy while also having an adventurous dark pirate tale to tell that adults can find great joy in. A few negatives are that some of the characters felt a bit underdeveloped and the story neat the end of the film dragged on a bit more than it needed too. In the end, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is a fantastic pirate/Disney film that almost anyone can enjoy.
October 24, 2016
My favorite of the series.
Jack Sparrow is my favorite Pirate.
½ October 6, 2016
Go Pirates of the Caribbean! <3 Love all the movies
½ October 3, 2016
Far too long and overly convoluted, but a lot of fun.
October 3, 2016
Black Pearl is a fun adventure film filled with action. Depp is perfect in the lead, and Bloom and Knightley are excellent together. Good visual effects help sell the believability.
October 3, 2016
It has its conventional problems and questionable writing but I hold it up as one of my favorite popcorn flicks. What it achieved over a decade ago holds up today and remains a funny, action packed thriller with amazing characters and swashbuckling good time.
October 2, 2016
Back in 2003 we got a new kinda high seas adventure! Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley and Geoffrey Rush star in one of the must see movies of our time!
October 1, 2016
A fun and clever story. Action is awesome and acting great.Story moves enjoyably fast.
September 25, 2016
Fun, frolics and frilly shirts are in full abundancy in this tongue in cheek pirate adventure. Easily the best, made so by Depp's Captain Jack Sparrow.
September 6, 2016
funny movie and lost of action. the actors are creative
½ September 1, 2016
A film based on a theme park ride. Well, to be honest, this movie is far better than it has any right to be. It is a fun adventure that understands exactly what it is, and frequently acknowledges it. Overall, it could be slightly less long, and at times it is more style over substance, but overall this is a enjoyable film.
August 20, 2016
This thrilling Disney tale (the companies first PG-13 film) could be considered by many one of Johnny Deeps best acting performances. This though is one of two things that really saved this film. It's interesting third act really surprised and entertained me while I felt the middling chapter feel flat. Overall though a good film. Though I don't think it should be considered to be a over 74% film but I am okay at where it sits because of its legacy and success in starting a franchise.
August 19, 2016
This movie is good but creepy how they're all pirates. Johnny Depp plays a good role of Jack sparrow. I like how Jack sparrow is so self-centered and sarcastic. It was pretty cool of the fighting they did with swords it's a good action movie was fighting so it's worth seeing for how good this movie is Will, and Jack make a good team!! And they are both funny! The music was great as well it was creepy music as well as cool!! So some of the music was creepy! And Jack,Will Vs Barbosa was a good fight! Barbosa is creepy!! Now you can see Jack,Will can be funny, self centered and khaki and a lot more to this great movie!

Johnny Depp , Orlando Bloom , Keira Kinghty

Are the best in this movie!!! They make a good team in this movie!!
August 15, 2016
Very good movie and for anyone who hasn't seen it, you should check it out. These movies are long but they are not boring, they are fun and exciting.
August 14, 2016
Fun and well-cast, The Curse of the Black Pearl is a swashbuckling treat.

V: 75%
August 11, 2016
I'm happy to have seen this epic pirate adventure movie again on TV. It's been over a decade ago.

It's still exciting to watch. If it was shown today, it will still be appealing. I don't remember every single detail (again, as always) except for Jack Sparrow's classic "savvy!" so it's fun to recall how everything Jack's adventures unfold from this movie to the next ones. This is also the same film when I started watching Keira Knightley's movies soon after (Atonement, King Arthur, Love Actually and so on).
½ August 2, 2016
One of the those movies I always want to watch again once it's over; thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable.
Verdict: A-
July 31, 2016
Still a tad bloated (as are all of these flicks), but still a rollicking good swashbuckler with great dialogue!
July 28, 2016
This film is perfect. It's funny, it's action packed it's clever, and Captain Jack Sparrow
July 27, 2016
Johnny Depp steals the film!