Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl Reviews

December 7, 2016
AWESOMEEEEE!!! LOVE JACK SPARROW!!!
½ November 25, 2016
Over a decade later, this feels overly long and over-hyped with a needlessly complicated plot. However, as silly swashbuckling adventures go, this remains one of the most fun and well-styled films out there. Captain Jack Sparrow is still amusing and iconic, even if half his lines are overused catch phrases.
½ November 21, 2016
You have to love this one.
½ November 21, 2016
best in the series hands down
November 20, 2016
La original y la mejor de la saga!!! SAVY
November 17, 2016
Disney are primarily known for their animated films that are executed perfectly with your typical stories of love, friendship and redemption - however when the studio approached live-action films, whilst the majority of them (like Mary Poppins) did fantastically well, they weren't on par with the likes of their animated tales, that was until 'Pirates of the Caribbean' got released. Possibly one my favourite films of recent years, 'Pirates' is't your typical Disney kids movie, it mixes fantastic action scenes,rather terrifying horror and brilliantly-executed humour. The highlight of the film, well of the series in general, is Johnny Depp's Oscar-nominated performance as Captain Jack Sparrow, one of the finest film protagonists ever conceived. Accompanying the film is the epic scale cinematography and a completely heart-pounding and stunning film score from Klaus Badelt, one that Hans Zimmer built upon perfectly in the sequels to follow.
November 10, 2016
The best of the franchise. I remember this was a big deal back in the day. Depp gives the performance of his career.
½ November 3, 2016
4.5/5. An excellent film, that's funny, thrilling, chilling, and a lot of fun. It still hols up well over a decade later.
½ October 24, 2016
It's the right blend of action, adventure, and comedy. The weird and comedic nature of Captain Jack Sparrow coupled with the sort of darker tone of the movie, which was unexpected for me at the time, makes this a fun movie for children and adults alike. It has the humor and goofiness that kids will enjoy while also having an adventurous dark pirate tale to tell that adults can find great joy in. A few negatives are that some of the characters felt a bit underdeveloped and the story neat the end of the film dragged on a bit more than it needed too. In the end, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is a fantastic pirate/Disney film that almost anyone can enjoy.
October 24, 2016
My favorite of the series.
Jack Sparrow is my favorite Pirate.
½ October 6, 2016
Go Pirates of the Caribbean! <3 Love all the movies
½ October 3, 2016
Far too long and overly convoluted, but a lot of fun.
October 3, 2016
Black Pearl is a fun adventure film filled with action. Depp is perfect in the lead, and Bloom and Knightley are excellent together. Good visual effects help sell the believability.
October 3, 2016
It has its conventional problems and questionable writing but I hold it up as one of my favorite popcorn flicks. What it achieved over a decade ago holds up today and remains a funny, action packed thriller with amazing characters and swashbuckling good time.
October 2, 2016
Back in 2003 we got a new kinda high seas adventure! Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley and Geoffrey Rush star in one of the must see movies of our time!
October 1, 2016
A fun and clever story. Action is awesome and acting great.Story moves enjoyably fast.
September 25, 2016
Fun, frolics and frilly shirts are in full abundancy in this tongue in cheek pirate adventure. Easily the best, made so by Depp's Captain Jack Sparrow.
September 6, 2016
funny movie and lost of action. the actors are creative
½ September 1, 2016
A film based on a theme park ride. Well, to be honest, this movie is far better than it has any right to be. It is a fun adventure that understands exactly what it is, and frequently acknowledges it. Overall, it could be slightly less long, and at times it is more style over substance, but overall this is a enjoyable film.
Tyler H.
August 20, 2016
This thrilling Disney tale (the companies first PG-13 film) could be considered by many one of Johnny Deeps best acting performances. This though is one of two things that really saved this film. It's interesting third act really surprised and entertained me while I felt the middling chapter feel flat. Overall though a good film. Though I don't think it should be considered to be a over 74% film but I am okay at where it sits because of its legacy and success in starting a franchise.