Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl Reviews

April 17, 2018
Classic adventure film!
April 2, 2018
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!! SO MUCH!!!!!
March 30, 2018
first is still the best
March 24, 2018
This is my favorite movie of all time! I have watched this movie at least 100 times and I've never been disappointed. This is the role that turned johnny depp from an a-list star into an absolute legend. the first time I saw it all I could think was "finally, johnny Depp!"
March 22, 2018
One of my top 10 movies awesome film one of the best movies of the year johnny depp is awesome in this movie.
March 21, 2018
With a fresh story, amazing cast, great visuals and terrific character development, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is exactly what you want in a swashbuckling action film.
March 19, 2018
Better than all of the other movies in the franchise.
February 28, 2018
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of The Black Pearl is an amazing pirate film with a spectacular lead performance from Johnny Depp as the legendary Captain Jack Sparrow. Based off of a disney park ride, the story of a man teaming up with a pirate to save the woman he loves filled with intense and action packed scenes is something audiences can definitely enjoy. The visual effects are also quite good and that is shown throughout the movie. All movies in this series are good, but nothing can match the original.
½ February 24, 2018
Excellent Fun, witty, action practiced fun for most family members.
February 22, 2018
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Black Pearl is the perfect movie, with a little bit of action, humor and romance sprinkled on top. Pirates of the Caribbean is 2003 swashbuckler movie directed by Gore Verbinski. This great movie was inspired by the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction in disneyland. With Johnny Depp playing one of the main characters, as Jack Sparrow, Orlando Bloom as Will Turner, and Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Swann makes the movie have a perfect balance. Pirates of the Caribbean:The Black Pearl is a great movie.
February 16, 2018
while it might not look like much, the first Pirates of the Caribbean manages to Do A Lot More then You Would expect From a movie Based Off a theme Park ride.
January 25, 2018
This is my favourite movie of all time. There would be a number of people that disagree with me but I am a huge fan of the Pirates franchise. This one has always been the best. It has the spectacular performances from Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightly and Geoffrey Rush. It has fun action sequences and probably the best intro to a character of all time. This is always a movie I can watch when I'm bored.
January 14, 2018
The music, the storyline and the amazing performances by geoffrey Rush and Johnny Depp truly make this film underrated.
January 9, 2018
Who would have thought that a ride movie would end up being a blockbuster hit, after failing with haunted mansion, the country bears, mission to mars, tower of terror, and tomorrow land, they were bound to hit pay dirt. Johnny Depp is responsible for bring this pirate movie to life, while it is fast paced and overly complex its a fun watch.
January 8, 2018
This movie is crazy fun. It is filled with cringe-worthy camp and poor dialogue, but it all adds to its charm. The characters (well, most) leap off the screen and remind you: this is what fun is like.
January 3, 2018
This first installment of the Pirates of The Caribbean contains many great action pieces, cool sword battles, nice special effects, large/beautiful set designs, superb performances from its cast (especially Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush and Orlando Bloom) and contains expert direction from Gore Verbinski. A swashbuckling good time for all!
January 2, 2018
Superb entertainment, and Johhny Depp is actually as good as they say he is. In THIS film.....
December 31, 2017
A ship-sailing, hearty of a movie that will have you hungry for more treasures. Johnny Depp plays the comedic, but smater-than-you-think crewless captain who goes from what most folks assume is a bloodthirsty parasite for treasure to a more caring-like hero. As for the film, it is quite well done and clever compared to a more mediocre pirate film where X marks the spot that reveals the valuable chest buried deep. With top notch british acting and whimsical music, The Curse of the Black Pearl is certainly one pirate story that you may almost never forget. 7.5 out of 10.
December 30, 2017
This movie is fun, unique and clearly a timeless classic.
December 27, 2017
The first one is the best. I still remember seeing this movie when it came out in theaters. Lives up to today. Has great rewatchability.