Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl Reviews

½ June 26, 2017
This is the best of the franchise. It's unique, funny, and visually appealing. The acting and writing are both good things with this film. There's really nothing wrong with it. Enjoyable pirate film, just a little longer than your average movie.
June 26, 2017
Long yet enjoyable. A great start to a great series, with good performances, but it did drag on a bit even though it was well done and exciting.
June 23, 2017
Super amazing and fun time
½ June 20, 2017
This is a really funny movie with great characters, action, and comedy!
June 20, 2017
I LOVE THIS MOVIE. My boyfriend made me watch them and now I'm obsessed. If I could give this more than five stars, I would. It has everything. It's funny, there's romance, and there's action. It's really for everyone. Definitely my favorite movie.
June 20, 2017
Great movie! It has great characters, special effects, story, and amazing visuals. I definitely would recommend it
June 19, 2017
Love this series! Captain Jack Sparrow os my fave guy in the world!!
June 18, 2017
Uma aventura com ação, melhor uma comedia de aventura com vilões, heróis, fantasmas, esqueletos, resgates ousados, fugas audaciosas e muitos tesouros. Graças a Deus por Johnny Depp, Ele transforma o que poderia ter sido apenas um bom filme de ação e aventura em algo de alta relevância, apesar de um roteiro longa, ainda sim é enérgico e cativante.
June 16, 2017
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003) - Filme dirigido pelo Gore Verbinski, faz uma direção satisfatória nada absurdo, apenas uma direção de qualidade. Trilha sonora original Memoravél e empolgante. Fotografia rasa e sem muito cuidado. CGI feio mas levando em conta a data de lançamento (2003) é bom para a época. Roteiro flui de uma maneira ótima, o filme tem mais de 2hrs mas nem parece que é tudo isso, tudo está lá por uma razão, alguns furos mas nada que comprometa a trama central.
Nota: 8.0
June 16, 2017
A very fun and entertaining "swashbuckler" movie aided by an eccentric and witty performance by Johnny Depp and some pretty awesome action sequences.
June 15, 2017
Entertaining and smart
June 13, 2017
The famous capitan Jack Sparrow is going to see, one more time, his old friend capitan Barbosa. In the past Barbosa had stolen Jack's ship after he abandoned him in an island. Barbosa and his crew kidnaped Ellisabeth, the daughter of the governor. Will Tarner a young blacksmith that is in love with Ellisabeth is going to rescue her with the help of Jack Sparrow. This is my favourite film, i think that is a very good adventure film because it is very entertaining and it has funny moments.
June 13, 2017
I feel like such an ass for not having seen this movie before. I had always heard of it, for a long time, and I always caught a few scenes of it and it's sequels, but this is the first time that I've seen it completely. And trust me, for those out there like me who ain't very familiar with the franchise, go and see it, because this film is one hell of a join ride, with big pricy special effects, a legendary musical score, a captivating story and great characters and Johnny Depp is just wonderful in that flick. And it applies to any age. Epic movie and recommended !!
½ June 11, 2017
The first of the franchise and what is considered by many to be the best one.
The curse of the black pearl not only introduced one of Johnny Depp's most iconic role as Captain Jack Sparrow, but it also gave me an impression on how good pirate movies can be.
From the opening scene, the film gave me a sense of adventure and well placed fantasy elements. These things were so well placed, that they set a tone different from the other movies. This one felt the most real and majestic. I'm not exaggerating. It was so refreshing to get that feeling. The characters were near flawless in development. The way they are set apart from each other and how they communicate was just about perfect. The rest of the film total was a ton of fun. The creativity wasn't outdone, it just fit in where it needed to.
Over all, The Curse of the Black Pearl was a very entertaining film from start to finish. 4 1/2 out of 5 stars
June 11, 2017
Best movie ever hope they make more!!!
June 10, 2017
The only movie in the series that should have been made. Lots of fun, light headed, Disney cliches are a bit annoying, but I can live with that.
June 9, 2017
Even with some holes in the story, specially in the start envolving the characters development, "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" was a great impulse and beggining for the billion dollars box office franchise of the 21st Century. The characters are awesome, the action sequences are hugely fun and the cliffanger never seems clichê. It is an original and cool universe.
June 8, 2017
You shell always remember the day that you almost caught, Captain Jack Sparrow :)
June 8, 2017
I've not seen the third yet, but this one is by far the better of the first two. It hits all the right buttons
June 7, 2017
One of my favorite movies of all time and I don't care who knows it. It's just great and Jack Sparrow, at least in his archetypical featuring, is one of the best characters of this millennium. Depp and Rush are both extraordinary.